Help identify Sprint equipment on tower

Thanks for the responses on this everybody. Did anybody have a chance to look at the pictures? I believe it is the top rack of antennas but with all the equipment on there it can get confusing.

I might try to go out and get better pictures of each rack to do a comparison.

Has Sprint and/or Ericsson used different panels in the past?

Thanks for the responses on this everybody. Did anybody have a chance to look at the pictures? I believe it is the top rack of antennas but with all the equipment on there it can get confusing.

I might try to go out and get better pictures of each rack to do a comparison.

Has Sprint and/or Ericsson used different panels in the past?

Have you checked AntennaSearch?

No I had not used that. Thanks.

I just tried and it does not list Sprint on that tower, but I know for sure Sprint equipment is on the tower. I'll keep doing some more digging around.

Are you looking at Tower Results and Antenna Results?

Does this match with your tower?

http://www.americant...wernumber=75484

That is it! Excellent work. Does the American Tower website list what panels go to what vendor?

I believe from this pic the top panels are sprint: http://www.americantower.com/SiteLocator/PhotoViewer.aspx?lngSiteId=2757&towerId=0&towerNumber=75484&country=united%20states&ATFileId=9691169

Wait are you serious about that? WOW lol that is too funny! I wonder what they look like in NYC I believe I never seen one.

They are usually sitting on the roof of buildings. You will really only see the little flat panel things on the side. Not much of a sight. I know that some of them, like in Far Rockaway, have a bricki pattern on them to blend in with the rest of the building.

Years ago on another forum, I heard a story of customer in a Cingular store who asked something to the effect of "Hey, when are you guys gonna put up more satellites?"

You might be surprised at how many people really have little, if any idea how their wireless service actually works. Some people are just stupid. But others are reasonably smart people who simply do not care how it works and just take their wireless service for granted.

AJ

Strangely enough, when I was younger, I believed that cell phone signals came from satellites too. I learned relatively fast that they did not.

• Like 1

Years ago on another forum, I heard a story of customer in a Cingular store who asked something to the effect of "Hey, when are you guys gonna put up more satellites?"

You might be surprised at how many people really have little, if any idea how their wireless service actually works. Some people are just stupid. But others are reasonably smart people who simply do not care how it works and just take their wireless service for granted.

AJ

I had a friend in college who was convinced that Verizon's network is so good because they used satellites. I tried to get her to think about how that would affect reception inside a building, but nothing would deter her.

I had a friend in college who was convinced that Verizon's network is so good because they used satellites. I tried to get her to think about how that would affect reception inside a building, but nothing would deter her.

So many people lack even a basic understanding of the physical processes that underlie the technology that they take for granted in their lives. They really are primitive people, and it is rather sad.

AJ

So many people lack even a basic understanding of the physical processes that underlie the technology that they take for granted in their lives. They really are primitive people, and it is rather sad.

AJ

Read some of the posts found on various forums, and your opinions will further drop.

Here is a gem:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/15/sprint-iphone-discount-100-gift-card/#comments

Read some of the comments before and after mine.

To be fair, I've had a number of feature phones that use satellite icons for representing various things - the one that comes to mind was a Samsung phone that had an animated satellite dish sweeping the sky when the phone lost signal. Fun, but confusing to people who have no idea what's going on with the device they hold in their hand.

I had a co-worker that swore up and down that the 5 bars represented the number of towers she had. "How many towers do you have?" DOH!!!

Wow, that's crazy.

• Like 1

Okay, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me who has towers on this site. There are 3 monopole towers in this area. Tower 1 has 3 sets of panels. Tower 2 and 3 both has 2 sets of panels I believe. So that's 7 different carriers. I have Cricket, and in Chicago, I believe they use Sprint's network. So I'm assuming Verizon, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular? Not sure of any others. Can anyone help me out if any of these are Sprint's and when they will be getting NV?

1zx07yc.jpg

Can anyone help me out if any of these are Sprint's and when they will be getting NV?

Off the top of my head, eight carriers have separate native networks in Chicagoland: VZW, AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile, USCC, Cricket, and Clearwire.

But without close up pics of those sites, unfortunately, we have no way to identify the carriers.

AJ

I'll try to get some pictures, but I just drive past there occasionally. I'll see about borrowing my sister's camera and getting some pictures as I drive by. All I know about those towers is that one of them has WiMax on them because my brother gets WiMax at our house and that is the closest tower.

Edited by Allen3697