Virgin, Boost and Samsung Thoughts

twospirits

Well, it seems another week there is another Samsung event.

We have August 29 for the Galaxy Note 2, August 15th for the Galaxy Note 10.1 and now comes word of another one for August 22nd. This one for something cool that would be showcased for both Virgin and Boost mobile.

So members, shoot away your thought, predictions of what device this event could be showcasing.

My take is that it can't be a Galaxy S3 or dare I say it the Galaxy Note version 1, since both are LTE. Virgin will be offering 4G devices starting in June but its the Wimax flavor not LTE so those two devices are out of the equation.

So what can it be...Shoot away your thoughts.

TS

A VM Galaxy Nexus? :fingers:

Probably the Epic 4G Touch.

I think we all secretly wish that Virgin and Boost would get LTE devices, but I don't think Sprint is ready for that.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Remember that Ting will have the SGSIII available in not-very-long-from-now. That's LTE on an MVNO, though I'm not sure if they're prepaid or postpaid.

The SGSII would be a nice phone to have on VMo/Boost and would be a comparable counterpoint to the HTC Evo variant on those carriers, however a full-on event would indicate something bigger. I mean, did HTC hold an event to announce its one-year-old phone arriving on Sprint prepaid?

My personal wish list for this event would be a phone comparable to the HTC One V, but with LTE, at maybe $50 more than the One V, on both carriers. (I'd add compatibility with the old $25/300min plan here but that isn't gonna happen). So basically a Sprint-banded, LTE-equipped Samsung Proclaim. Or maybe without LTE. We'll see.

Remember that Ting will have the SGSIII available in not-very-long-from-now. That's LTE on an MVNO, though I'm not sure if they're prepaid or postpaid.

The SGSII would be a nice phone to have on VMo/Boost and would be a comparable counterpoint to the HTC Evo variant on those carriers, however a full-on event would indicate something bigger. I mean, did HTC hold an event to announce its one-year-old phone arriving on Sprint prepaid?

My personal wish list for this event would be a phone comparable to the HTC One V, but with LTE, at maybe $50 more than the One V, on both carriers. (I'd add compatibility with the old $25/300min plan here but that isn't gonna happen). So basically a Sprint-banded, LTE-equipped Samsung Proclaim. Or maybe without LTE. We'll see.

Ting is a prepaid MVNO.