Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I was about to end both of my contracts on my sprint account. Both wife and I got the iPhone 5 on launch day. I was so upset at the lack of sprint LTE in Miami. I figured the money I would make with 2 mint condition iPhone 5's would pay $350 fee to end each contract and enough to pay for new iPhone 5 at Verizon. 2 things stopped me ( couldn't find a iPhone 5 available for Verizon and didn't want to lose my unlimited data) One day reading on imore I found this website. The more I read here the more I was convinced to stay. LTE in Miami is pre launch stage and I've already experienced it in many areas of Miami. Wife and I are glad we stayed with sprint and look forward to having LTE available everywhere soon. Just be patient and wait it out. If we have already waited this long what's an extra 1-2 months. Good luck.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

1 or 2 months? I wish... I'm thinking it's going to be more like next Summer for us in Broward. :(

I was about to end both of my contracts on my sprint account. Both wife and I got the iPhone 5 on launch day. I was so upset at the lack of sprint LTE in Miami. I figured the money I would make with 2 mint condition iPhone 5's would pay $350 fee to end each contract and enough to pay for new iPhone 5 at Verizon. 2 things stopped me ( couldn't find a iPhone 5 available for Verizon and didn't want to lose my unlimited data) One day reading on imore I found this website. The more I read here the more I was convinced to stay. LTE in Miami is pre launch stage and I've already experienced it in many areas of Miami. Wife and I are glad we stayed with sprint and look forward to having LTE available everywhere soon. Just be patient and wait it out. If we have already waited this long what's an extra 1-2 months. Good luck.

Ya I've been the biggest sprint advocate always telling friends and family to wait but I can't justify the wait anymore. I seriously can't even stream pandora or tunein radio. I'm just throwing away money with sprints horrendous 3G speeds. I live on this site lol but im thinking the transition to LTE will take longer than initially thought. I'm gonna try out tmobiles $30 prepaid plan (100 minutes, unlimited talk/text/web- Data speeds around 12 Mbps consistently). Ill be saving almost $80 per month

Ya I've been the biggest sprint advocate always telling friends and family to wait but I can't justify the wait anymore. I seriously can't even stream pandora or tunein radio. I'm just throwing away money with sprints horrendous 3G speeds. I live on this site lol but im thinking the transition to LTE will take longer than initially thought. I'm gonna try out tmobiles 30 prepaid plan (100 minutes' date=' unlimited talk/text/web- Data speeds around 12 Mbps consistently). Ill be saving almost 80 per month[/quote']

You have to do what you have to do. But our forums are not for posts about people who are leaving. If you need faster speeds and cannot wait, we understand. However, the area is actively being deployed and the rest of us who are staying will continue to discuss the latest here. Best of luck to you.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

There's a new Sensorly track at i-95 in Miami. Begins at the intersection of 836/i-395 and i-95, and goes north until it fades near 79 street.

• Like 1

I am sure the acceptance of towers will accelerate soon™ looking back at the history for the other cities they started off with 2-3 a week, then jumped dramatically. Covering those cities with lte loving.

Even though LTE hasn't fully deployed I am really looking forward to LTE-A

• Like 2

I'm kinda new to this but how do I become a sponsor so I can view these interactive maps and private forums. I see the links but of course there's a password.

You just have to enter the password, "RobertRules" and you'll get right in!

Why do you guys think there has been no movement in Broward yet (save for Hollywood)? What do you think the timeline is for decent coverage in Broward or when do you think the area will be officially launched by Sprint? I remember back during the Summer your estimate were that it would already be launched with 40% of the market being covere4rd but I don't even think we are at 5% coverage yet?

Edited by Fifth313ment

This is a good story..

I was at the Rib Fest at Miami Zoo and was getting LTE!!!

Does anyone else think it is odd to have a Rib Fest at a Zoo? What kind of ribs were they??? :o

Robert

• Like 1

You just have to enter the password, "RobertRules" and you'll get right in!

Why do you guys think there has been no movement in Broward yet (save for Hollywood)? What do you think the timeline is for decent coverage in Broward or when do you think the area will be officially launched by Sprint? I remember back during the Summer your estimate were that it would already be launched with 40% of the market being covere4rd but I don't even think we are at 5% coverage yet?

All Florida work was delayed until October 1st. Sprint pulled everyone off because of the protected Osprey nest issue. I'm pretty sure you know this from previous discussions on the subject. Sprint also admitted recently that they are a full quarter behind from their initial schedules. It is what it is. But deployment is occurring in your market.

Robert

I am sure the acceptance of towers will accelerate soon looking back at the history for the other cities they started off with 2-3 a week, then jumped dramatically. Covering those cities with lte loving.

Even though LTE hasn't fully deployed I am really looking forward to LTE-A

What is LTE-A

Edited by 07my19

LTE Advanced is a minor software upgrade. Sprint will be deploying it over its entire network too. But LTE Advanced in and of itself does not produce faster results. It's the additional hardware support of LTE Advanced that produces improvements. Things like wider channel support, carrier aggregation, additional MIMO antenna support, etc.

However, if a Wireless carrier doesn't upgrade hardware to take advantage of LTE Advanced, and have devices that do, then LTE Advanced is just a label. So a lot of carriers will be singing the chorus of LTE Advanced, but it won't mean anything.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

As Jaggrey mentioned a few pages ago, his tech friend got called to go up north and help in the Sandy aftermath. I assume this was the norm and hence explains the sudden decrease of activity when compared to the previous 2 weeks before the hurricane.

Now, does anybody have any estimates or ideas or hunches on when should the techs that got sent up north start coming down and begin working on the Miami market with full momentum again

As Jaggrey mentioned a few pages ago, his tech friend got called to go up north and help in the Sandy aftermath. I assume this was the norm and hence explains the sudden decrease of activity when compared to the previous 2 weeks before the hurricane.

Now, does anybody have any estimates or ideas or hunches on when should the techs that got sent up north start coming down and begin working on the Miami market with full momentum again

My guess is about two months. Its just a guess though.

How long ago did the last lte tower go up? It seemed as if south Florida was moving at a rate of about 2-4 towers a week a bit ago.