Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Just for the record, in most Ericsson markets, they have been deploying 4G upgrades only at first and come back and do the 3G upgrades later. So the likelihood of the 3G being upgraded at the Miami sites is pretty low at this point.

Robert

Is the reason for this due to the fact of the demand/need for LTE? Most new smart phones are marketed as LTE devices which is what everyone wants at the moment. I'm assuming once LTE is fully deployed we will probably not care for 3G much. And the fact that more people will be using LTE will free up 3G speeds.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

As Robert mentioned 3g hasnt been upgraded yet, Im still getting about .4 mbps during the busy part of the day and around 1.0 mbps after 11 pm. I know this is way out of topic but has anyone been able to find an iphone 5 lately in Miami? Im dying to get my hands on one now.

I'm assuming you want a sprint iPhone 5. You can try calling sprint stores every morning. I know sprint is issuing long wait times if you order by phone/online but a few people on imore ordered on October 15 and got phones today. Also on apple.com every night at 1am you can pre order an iPhone (if available) for pick up the next day at your nearest apple store. If you go this route make sure you already have an apple ID created. You know in Miami we have apple stores within a short drive. The falls/dadeland/aventura/Miami beach. I got mine on launch day. I had pre-ordered. Good luck.

Thanks for that info. I've tried ordering online at the apple store but for some reason whenever I put my sprint account informations it comes back saying that my account type is not supported. I have a regular family plan with 4 lines. Im still under contract so Im paying the full price.

Yesterday I found an iPhone 5 for my wife in stock at my local sprint store. She became eligible for an upgrade 2 days ago. I can literally walk to this store. It's on SW 120st next to Kendall Breeze association. I called ahead and they told me they had 3 in stock.

Is the reason for this due to the fact of the demand/need for LTE? Most new smart phones are marketed as LTE devices which is what everyone wants at the moment. I'm assuming once LTE is fully deployed we will probably not care for 3G much. And the fact that more people will be using LTE will free up 3G speeds.

No. Samsung and Alcatel Lucent are deploying their 3G with 4G upgrades. It is just Ericsson. It is believed to be a hardware issue.

Robert

Just got lte in cutler bay 33190 wow it's fast I think I am getting it from the tower behide publix on old cutler. What's weird I tried when I got home earlier no lte so I am on the second floor in my house and I just picked it up

I am patiently waiting in boca raton. Today i had to go for a drug test in coral springs an i watched my phone the whole entire way an no lte from west boca to coral spring. I hope in the next few weeks somthing happens

So I drove up to the newly turned on 4G tower to see what type of performance I could expect from sprint once they roll it out in my area.

standing directly under the tower I was getting around 6.5mbps down. I then moved about a hundred yards away expecting speeds to get better and sure enough they jumped up above 20mbps down/12mbps up.

as I left I decided to see how far i could get before my galaxy s3 would drop back down to 3G. I dont think I even go a mile before it dropped back down to 3G. on a positive note the signal bars for voice were much better than in the area I live. I was seeing full bars for several miles after leaving the 4G tower.I'm not used to seeing full bars on sprint anywhere.

what does the little circle next to the carrier name (on iPhone) means? it appears all the time when using 3g in miami and also when switching to/form LTE.

the dreaded 2G circle of death. I had that all the time last year at this time with my Sprint Iphone 4S. Thus far, with my Iphone 5, I dont see it nearly as much.

In Sensorly, I see LTE activity just north of Homestead Air Reserve Park, mostly on the Turnpike. The LTE may be switched off for now, as I went through there a couple of hours ago and didn't pick up LTE.

With Sensorly on, I drove south on SW 137 Ave from 152 St until I reached SW 168 St. Drove east on 168 st until US-1. Drove south on US-1 until I reached the southernmost entrance to the Turnpike, near Palm Drive. I entered the Turnpike and drove north, exiting at SW 152 St.

I'll have better luck next time.

Picked these speeds on SW 67th ave and 8th st...a couple of blocks east from palmetto. This whole area on east and west of palmetto has LTE. It really sucks the sensorly app for iPhone can't send data info. If it did I would be updating those maps big time. qetyha6e.jpg

I'm getting it a lot yet, but I don't really know what does it means

the dreaded 2G circle of death. I had that all the time last year at this time with my Sprint Iphone 4S. Thus far, with my Iphone 5, I dont see it nearly as much.

Edited by yosmar537

The little circle on the top left corner of your iphone indicates that your current network connection is 1xrtt instead of 3G. 1xrtt connections are slower and are most effective for browsing or emailing, while 3G connections are faster and more suitable for other types of data transfer as they have a great increase in bandwitdth. I've noticed on my iPhone 5 im having this this more often than I ever did on my 4S. Wondering if my phone constantly picking up LTE maybe the cause of this.

Ok so I asked a friend of mine for his bicycle and I set out from Univ. of Miami biking towards the Palmetto running sensorly and every couple blocks I would stop and toggle airplane mode and I actually picked up a 4G signal several times but I guess it was so weak that I just moved a couple meters and my phone switched back to 3G. This happened several times.

I have included an screenshot of the LTE signal showing on the info menu. Another of sensorly mapping the 4G points and also a speed test I did which was very sucky...I was expecting 30mbps downloads like other people. I guess I had a weak signal.

I also included a screenshot of the sensorly map and I put a red square around the sections I mapped. Not much since I couldnt keep the 4G signal for long...

I also learned how bike unfriendly is Miami.

post-2326-0-19889400-1351096913_thumb.pngpost-2326-0-63077300-1351096916_thumb.pngpost-2326-0-46096800-1351096920_thumb.pngpost-2326-0-57489500-1351096015_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@luisrodg great work man. Sprint LTE is coming live all over Miami. I've yet to pick up LTE in Kendall though. This morning as soon as I got to the palmetto on bird road I had LTE the entire time to my office. Unfortunately on the iPhone u can't send data to sensorly. I'm sure I've picked up LTE that isn't on map yet. And yeah bike riding in Miami is crazy man.

• Like 1

In Sensorly, I see LTE activity just north of Homestead Air Reserve Park, mostly on the Turnpike. The LTE may be switched off for now, as I went through there a couple of hours ago and didn't pick up LTE.

With Sensorly on, I drove south on SW 137 Ave from 152 St until I reached SW 168 St. Drove east on 168 st until US-1. Drove south on US-1 until I reached the southernmost entrance to the Turnpike, near Palm Drive. I entered the Turnpike and drove north, exiting at SW 152 St.

I'll have better luck next time.

You're probably getting the signal from the youtube video tower. I passed by there Tuesday afternoon and I didn't pick up anything, but I think they are actively turning things on now. So let's hope they blanket the entire area with lte =D

Hopes may have to put on hold here.... unfortunately. Hurricane Sandy looks like she wants to side-swipe Florida in the next several days. I would expect crews to be pulled out of the area sometime tomorrow if the track holds true. I'm just guessing, but I would assume that they don't want their crews to be working in 35-50mph winds.

Hopes may have to put on hold here.... unfortunately. Hurricane Sandy looks like she wants to side-swipe Florida in the next several days. I would expect crews to be pulled out of the area sometime tomorrow if the track holds true. I'm just guessing, but I would assume that they don't want their crews to be working in 35-50mph winds.

Looks to be a late Thursday to Friday wind event so hopefully shouldn't keep them out too long.

Did this speed test i hialeah zip code 33010, as you can see the download speed is zero so this may be that they are fixing something around here or adding lte, i hope they are cause i work here!!

631C49DB-F54A-400A-B16B-2C81E83BE4B1-805-00000038587DDE3B.jpg

Edited by yosmar537

Did this speed test i hialeah zip code 33010, as you can see the download speed is zero so this may be that they are fixing something around here or adding lte, i hope they are cause i work here!!

631C49DB-F54A-400A-B16B-2C81E83BE4B1-805-00000038587DDE3B.jpg

Wow horrendous

No luck for me today. I took the long way home, didn't get a hit till i got to the 836/826.

And sucks about Sandy too. I prefer a direct hit since I get Overtime, but the grazing stuff is annoying the rain traffic it sucks D=