Galaxy II (Sprint) Battery Life after ICS

aelenes

I recently got the ICS on my Galaxy SII from Sprint and all the battery is now draining fast! I used to love it because it lasted so much longer than the EVO that I had before but now something is wrong..is anyone else having this issue?? I love the new ICS update but its killing my battery life.

My GSII never received the OTA push, no matter how many times I went into system update. So I downloaded it to an SD card and booted it up from there, forcing it to update manually. But now my phone is jacked up - it freezes constantly, especially when using Chrome. I don't know what's up with it but it's consistently laggy and frustrating where Gingerbread was smooth and quite responsive (and never once froze to my knowledge). Is there anyway to UNDO the ICS "update?"

I recently got the ICS on my Galaxy SII from Sprint and all the battery is now draining fast! I used to love it because it lasted so much longer than the EVO that I had before but now something is wrong..is anyone else having this issue?? I love the new ICS update but its killing my battery life.

Yes, had to re-calibrate the battery and now all is well.

My GSII never received the OTA push, no matter how many times I went into system update. So I downloaded it to an SD card and booted it up from there, forcing it to update manually. But now my phone is jacked up - it freezes constantly, especially when using Chrome. I don't know what's up with it but it's consistently laggy and frustrating where Gingerbread was smooth and quite responsive (and never once froze to my knowledge). Is there anyway to UNDO the ICS "update?"

If you go into the boot menu on start up (volume up + power) there is a way to reflash/ wipe partition cache. Try that

I might try that. On second thought, as soon as I learn how to root my phone and flash a workable ROM that will run Jelly Bean, I think I'd just rather do that. I don't imagine it will be long before that's possible (if it isn't already).

I might try that. On second thought, as soon as I learn how to root my phone and flash a workable ROM that will run Jelly Bean, I think I'd just rather do that. I don't imagine it will be long before that's possible (if it isn't already).

I know someone who had the same issue and it did correct it. In addition to the battery the phone was lagging really bad before he cleared the cache.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By rwhittaker13
      So, everyone wonders why android 4.0 is such a vast improvement over 2.3 gingerbread. Well, ill run everyone through why i think it is better.

Performance:
      Gingerbread is and can be pretty snappy on some devices, but with gingerbread being a much larger operating system, more RAM and disk space is needed to store all the features and files that are in the operating system, which drastically slows down the execution of programs, as well as hindering the speeds of the device, depending on the hardware. Ice cream is a bit smaller in size for devices, which allows more memory to be available to the system, as well as allowing more RAM, and better RAM management for the said device.

Productivity:

Ice cream is just more functional than gingerbread is. With speed enhancements, GPU Acceleration, and better battery optimizations, Ice cream sandwitch is just a much more flavorful topping to the devices that are already sweet!

I will finish the rest of this thread later, my time is limited at the moment. For now, comment away!
    • By darnell89
      Since all the issues the EVO has been having, is it still a recommended phone?
    • By Odell
      When my browser (default or Chrome) downloads a file it places it in mnt/sdcard/Download. When I hook my phone (HTC Evo LTE) to my computer via USB I can only view files and folders that are located at mnt/sdcard/ext_sd. There doesn't appear to be any way in the default browser settings or in Chrome to change the location of downloads. Do any of you know how I can go about changing that location or making files and folders that are in mnt/sdcard/ viewable from my PC?

I am not rooted and if I have to root just to gain this functionality then I'll do without it. I just don't want to root my phone at this time.
    • By 9erHater
      Looks like a mid-range Galaxy device is headed to Sprint called the Galaxy Reverb. Probably has LTE. A pretty unexciting device, seems to have lower specs than even the LG Viper.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/23/3177890/samsung-galaxy-reverb-sprint-leak
    • By newboyx
      *****WIPE DATA FOR GOOGLE WALLET BEFORE FLASHING THIS OR ANY ROM****

PLEASE DO A FULL WIPE AND USE THIS BEFORE FLASHING

This ROM is a continuation of the CleanROM franchise originally created by Scrosler (Optimus S, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, HTC Rezound, AT&T HTC One X, and a new tablet every week)
      CleanROMs will be made for the Evo 4G LTE by Benny3 (BE) and Newboyx (DE) with the permission and guidance of Scrosler
      This ROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a taste of AOSP with a Sense twist.
      CleanROM DE is an all inclusive ROM designed with you in mind!
      It's designed to be as close to AOSP looking as possible while still retaining full functionality and a few of the benifits of Sense

Deodexed
      Bloatware Removed (I mean a ton of bloatware!)
      EQS (with super cool ICS blue toggles thanks to benny3)
      APM
      Build Prop Tweaks
      Sdcard Tweaks
      Memory Tweaks
      Apex Launcher
      Camera button wakes phone
      Camera Mods ( Shutter Sound,HDR/Panorama)
      AOSP Clock
      AOSP Calendar
      AOSP Email
      AOSP Browser
      AOSP Calculator
      AOSP Lockscreen
      ICS themed status bar (thanks Tiffany84)
      Evo LTE OC app
      ES File Explorer
      JellyBean Wallpaper
      Holo Locker (this is the genius app that allows the caller ID to show through on the AOSP lockscreen on Sense based ROMs) thanks mobint!
      Wifi Tether
      Launch Voice Search by half pressing the camera button
      Remapped button layout. Long press home for "Multitasking"
      and more!

Must have custom recovery installed with unlocked bootloader!
      Copy ROM to storage
      Reboot to Recovery
      You must do a data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
      Install ROM
      Reboot to System
      Enjoy awesomeness!
      You must be on the 1.22 firmware!
      Just an FYI: I built and tested this s-off with the latest firmware installed. It has not been tested on any other combo. Feel free to chime in if it works great on a different set-up.

I could not have did this alone and I want to give special thanks to all who contibuted knowingly or unknowingly

Scott aka. scrosler
      Benny3
      freeza
      SteelH
      Rydah805
      one_love_420
      regaw_leinad
      smw6180
      jeffsanace
      aamikam
      Tiffany84
      The whole Team at Unlimited.io for s-off

83fc703a4bfbb36de5ea6cc3c999b8ca

Tapatalk Users can download HERE
      You must set your Mobile Browser set to desktop view!

*A note about the Downloads page:
      There are a few different ROMs available on the Evo 4G LTE page. This ROM is "DE". There is also "BE" which is a very similar ROM but it has much more Sense remaining. They are both built on the same base.

I will be following this thread to provide any help if it is needed. I am also available at the following sites if you would rather not post here for ROM support
      http://www.scottsrom...107-CleanROM-DE (I am a moderator here)
      and http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1784657
      My user name is the same on both sites.

Feel free to post any feedback here or any of the other sites.

• Just figured out this is a waste of time. US Mobile and Verizon lock the eSim to the emei while T-Mobile only uses it to see that you have a capable phone, like Red Pocket does with physical sims (although RP does keep track of what phone you are using it on with the emei.)  So @Trip was right in this case on liking physical sims.
    • Verizon has a reputation for being frugal with MVNOs. After looking around, I also decided US Mobile was my best option. People have gotten C band on it.  Hoping for esim for my S21 Ultra.  No luck so far.  Red Pocket does not claim Verizon 5g, although they say Soon!(TM).  I do see some 5g with it. Typically MVNOs are deprioritized, thus I am reluctant to claim truly getting top speeds with one.
    • Did some exploring yesterday/last night and didn't find a shred of C-Band, including with my brand new US Mobile SIM. Did find 4CA CBRS but the site seemed backhaul constrained; both that plus 15x15 B2 and band-locked 2/66 got me 190 Mbps or so.
    • Did some more exploring yesterday/last night and I think I spotted some LAA downtown but didn't get a chance to confirm before it went away in favor of mmW, which also went away pretty quickly. Also saw another n66 site, as well as an n2 site, making AT&T the second carrier to run n2 DSS within a few miles of me. I think at this point they won't be able to advertise anything flashy, but due to the sheer amount of CA they're throwing at customers here they can keep their network at 50+ Mbps until they can deploy both 3.45 and 3.7, and that's probably enough.