First real emergency alert on EVO LTE

digiblur

Picked up my phone during the monsoon dropping over 3 inches of rain in the hour. We had several inches the days before and it rained all last week at well. So they issued a flash flood warning. I remembered reading about these alerts and thought the idea was excellent. From I remember the alert is based on which tower your phone is on and not your phone number.

Here's a pic.... Cool stuff.

18fa4d6b-a1d5-de5d.jpg

Anybody else have some real alerts to share that they received?

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

We are in monsoon season in New Mexico. I've received three or four severe thunderstorm alerts so far this season. I also got one yesterday in South Dakota while roaming. Its kind of creepy to know they know where I am.

I always knew that they knew, but it was still kind of creepy all the same.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Its kind of creepy to know they know where I am.

I always knew that they knew, but it was still kind of creepy all the same.

Actually, "they" come to me. Then, using my power of geographic deduction, I tell "them" where you are.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Actually' date=' "they" come to me. Then, using my power of geographic deduction, I tell "them" where you are.

;)

AJ[/quote']

*nervous laughter*

Actually, "they" come to me. Then, using my power of geographic deduction, I tell "them" where you are.

*nervous laughter*

And by "they/them," I mean primarily Chattanooga Donna and Yuma Ryan.

:P

AJ

And by "they/them' date='" I mean primarily Chattanooga Donna and Yuma Ryan.

:P

AJ[/quote']

I tried to throw them off my trail. I told them I was vacationing in a cute little house on the south side of the KU Campus in Lawrence. ;)

If you see any red dots appear on your wall in your house, duck!!!

If you see any red dots appear on your wall in your house, duck!!!

Like this kind of "Red Dot"?

AJ

• Like 1

"Dust Storm Warning in this area til 6:00 PM MST. Avoid travel. Check local media. -NSW"

Expired: 6:00PM

Recieved: 4:51PM

Just got my first Severe Alert on my new EVO LTE a few moments ago.

Anybody else have some real alerts to share that they received?

Here's one I got. It startled me with a sound like we hear for alerts on radio or TV. But it was coming from my pocket!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

post-1286-13429871487126_thumb.jpg

I got a flash flood warning this past week. I was at home and I received two flash flood watchs based on the S.A.M.E. codes I entered. I live near the end of Travis County and beginning of Williamson County, so I got both of them on the radio. My phone only got the one for Travis County, based on the cell tower I am connected. Also, FYI it still works if you are connected using WiFi. They test it the third Wednesday of evey month at 12 PM Eastern (1 Central). I have received two test. For more information about it you can vist http://www.ctia.org/...x.cfm/AID/12082 or http://www.fema.gov/...cord.do?id=5927

Edited by beastman59

This is all news to me, and I have never received an alert. Who is sending these out -- the carrier? Does someone opt in to the service?

You can turn them off in your messaging settings on the phone. All except the presidential one.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

This is all news to me, and I have never received an alert. Who is sending these out -- the carrier? Does someone opt in to the service?

http://www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com/technology/technolog/sprint-first-carrier-offer-wireless-emergency-alerts-119034

I received alerts last weekend driving through Virginia on the way to OBX. I have the sound turned off though. I was afraid I would hear the emergency alert sound in a meeting or something, so I turned the sound off shortly after I received the phone. Does the volume of the emergency alert change with the ringtone setting? or is it all or nothing, on or off? If I set the phone to vibrate only what does that do to the emergency alerts if you have the sound on?

BTW: I have the EVO 4G LTE