"Sprint & Vendors Lagging on LTE Build?"

I don't know if anyone else saw this article on light reading:

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=222152&

The analyst mentioned in the article states that what was expected to be a large push in the second quarter of orders/builds is being pushed out ot the third quarter. Thoughts?

I don't know if anyone else saw this article on light reading:

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=222152&

The analyst mentioned in the article states that what was expected to be a large push in the second quarter of orders/builds is being pushed out ot the third quarter. Thoughts?

This is a very bad and very poorly timed article. It is using a lot of really old data and trying to make it relevant to a story now. It is quoting material deliveries from the 3rd Quarter of 2011! Yes, NV did start later in 2011 than originally planned.

The schedule information we have provided was compiled well after those initial start up delays occurred. Network Vision has always had a large ramp up in the schedule in the 3rd quarter of 2012. This was to allow for a learning curve of installation, allow planning and permitting to get ahead and give backhaul installs an opportunity to be installed.

If Sprint and their OEM's don't increase the production rate next month as it has always been scheduled, then there are going to be schedule issues. However, this article does not address the ramp up that will occur next month with any specific data. If something causes the ramp up to be a problem, then we can start crying.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Biggest problem is context.

To make it newsworthy, they shift the context of the report.

I wouldn't read into this at all. This is not accurate reporting at all... but they made a headline out of it.

This is a very bad and very poorly timed article. It is using a lot of really old data and trying to make it relevant to a story now. It is quoting material deliveries from the 3rd Quarter of 2011! Yes, NV did start later in 2011 than originally planned.

The schedule information we have provided was compiled well after those initial start up delays occurred. Network Vision has always had a large ramp up in the schedule in the 3rd quarter of 2012. This was to allow for a learning curve of installation, allow planning and permitting to get ahead and give backhaul installs an opportunity to be installed.

If Sprint and their OEM's don't increase the production rate next month as it has always been scheduled, then there are going to be schedule issues. However, this article does not address the ramp up that will occur next month with any specific data. If something causes the ramp up to be a problem, then we can start crying.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I wouldn't even bother defending... the article is using a report completely out of context.

Yet the stock price dipped a bit :(

I hate link-click baiters, and that article is a perfect example.

Well, when the market as a hole is down over 100 points, that can happen. Don't forget the big picture. But I see that even with the DJI having a bad day, Sprints still up a over a percent, as of now. They've had a stellar couple of weeks here.

Well, when the market as a hole is down over 100 points, that can happen. Don't forget the big picture. But I see that even with the DJI having a bad day, Sprints still up a over a percent, as of now. They've had a stellar couple of weeks here.

Yep, just saying how it seems Sprint is always on that fence.

I can't wait for NV to be complete

• Like 2

Yep, just saying how it seems Sprint is always on that fence.

I can't wait for NV to be complete

I don't really see it significantly improving until NV is is complete.. or at least 50%+.

• Like 2

Yet the stock price dipped a bit :(

I hate link-click baiters, and that article is a perfect example.

The entire DJIA is down almost 2% and sprint is up... the article didn't do nuttin.

Entire stock market is taking a beating... sprint has done well lately in the market.

• Like 2

The entire DJIA is down almost 2% and sprint is up... the article didn't do nuttin.

Entire stock market is taking a beating... sprint has done well lately in the market.

I agree, we watch it daily at work.

I bought Sprint back when it hit 2.50 or so; I knew it was a long-term bet but I'm willing to wait.

So far it's paying off. You're up over 25%. We'll see how sprint finishes the week.

So far it's paying off. You're up over 25%. We'll see how sprint finishes the week.

Even if it drops back down I'll stick it out. I didn't put my life savings into it though, just money I'm fully prepared to lose if I'm wrong. :)

Just a quick question: isn't NV supposed to be completed by Q4 2013? I thought I heard that announced during some Sprint investors call.

My understanding was the final (last of round 4) markets were supposed to be started (not completed) by Q4 13.

The last reference I saw was the final markets will start in December 2013 and finish up around April 2014.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 2