xcharles718

Thought of this while eating cereal...

Talk

$5-100mins

$10-250mins

$15-1000mins

$20-2500mins

$30-Unlimited

Unlimited M2M is included at $15 and up. Sprint2Sprint calling is free for all plans.

Text

$3-100 messages

$5-250 messages

$10-500 messages

$15-1000 messages

$20-Unlimited

Web

$5-250MB

$10-1GB

$15-2.5GB

$20-5GB

$30-Unlimited

Overage is $10/GB. Tethering is $8/Mo on the Unlimted plan, Tethering is included on all other data plans.

Phone Subsidy

Not available on featurephones and dumbphones.

Cost can be between $0-$35/Mo(depending on how much is paid upfront).

This would allow for one to build a plan to best fit their needs.

• Like 3

It would also allow people to get cheaper plans by tailoring them individually. This is why it will never happen.

Ideally you would be charged a flat rate for all minutes used and data used and that would be your bill. (good luck getting a carrier to agree to that structure)

(good luck getting a carrier to agree to that structure)

Even though it may not be likely, I like that our members are thinking outside the box. It seems that most innovation to pricing these days is coming from MVNO's. I could see one of them coming up with something like this.

Robert

It would also allow people to get cheaper plans by tailoring them individually. This is why it will never happen.

Ideally you would be charged a flat rate for all minutes used and data used and that would be your bill. (good luck getting a carrier to agree to that structure)

I would have to agree. It is a great idea for the customer, but data is the biggest cost for carriers right now, and they are using the unlimited talk and text to offset it. Look at Verizon's latest offering... It makes talk and text irrelevant. This model might work for prepaid. There is no way we will see unlimited tethering for $8. I don't think we will ever see unlimited tethering.

Sent from my CM9 Toro

Enter Sprint MVNO Ting...

https://ting.com/plans

AJ

Enter Sprint MVNO Ting...

https://ting.com/plans

AJ

Interesting. Pricing it out means I would save about 20 a month vs Sprint for my current usage but it would take about 28 months for their phone prices (2x Galaxy 2s for 970) to break even versus a normal new phone on contract price (2x 199) on Sprint.

A sticking point with Ting is that the voice footprint is Sprint native + roaming coverage, but the data footprint is only Sprint native coverage.

AJ

Even though it may not be likely, I like that our members are thinking outside the box. It seems that most innovation to pricing these days is coming from MVNO's. I could see one of them coming up with something like this.

Robert

I think the other side of the coin is that people seem to really hate variable pricing. For the most part people feel more comfortable paying a set amount and this is also why people are so upset about overages. It makes me wonder if metering by the minute and MB is even feasible. Some MVNOs offer unlimited bandwidth and low minutes and vice versa. Personally I am not sure if I would rather pay slightly more for unlimited vs having a limit and pay slightly less. T-Mobile and others get around this by throttling data after you go over your limit to very slow speeds but not charging you extra. I think this may be the most people friendly option after unlimited data. It probably saves more money not dealing with angry customers than it costs data-wise.

Edited by cletus

Thought of this while eating cereal...

Talk

$5-100mins

$10-250mins

$15-1000mins

$20-2500mins

$30-Unlimited

Unlimited M2M is included at $15 and up. Sprint2Sprint calling is free for all plans.

Text

$3-100 messages

$5-250 messages

$10-500 messages

$15-1000 messages

$20-Unlimited

Web

$5-250MB

$10-1GB

$15-2.5GB

$20-5GB

$30-Unlimited

Overage is $10/GB. Tethering is $8/Mo on the Unlimted plan, Tethering is included on all other data plans.

Phone Subsidy

Not available on featurephones and dumbphones.

Cost can be between $0-$35/Mo(depending on how much is paid upfront).

From a consumer point of view this is a great idea but from a business stand point you may end up costing yourself quite a bit of profit.