Upgrade decision

I am faced with a decision to upgrade now or wait to the end of the year. This will be my last upgrade as a Premier 17 year customer. Since The end of the year may have "better" technology implemented it may not be a bad idea. I like both the EVO 4G LTE, and the SGIII, however radio signal of the best is the one I will buy regardless of user features. That said my Photon has great signal, but poor MFG software support. Antenna wise the EVO probably is better than the Samsung if past data is indicative of future data. lol

One thing for sure is the EVO 3d early buy last year has killed my enthusiasm to buy any thing early since there is only 15 days to discover catastrophic flaws rendering the phone inoperable until a software fix is rendered. So I was thinking that maybe I should wait until years end to buy the most technologically advanced phone to last for 2 years. So far the EVO LTE has SVDO, and "HD voice" edges out the SGIII without "HD voice"

Sound reasoning. But if you wait until the end of the year, you may be just ahead of 800/2500 LTE support. You are in a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Thats the problem with being an early adopter. There will always be something just around the corner that will grab your attention and make you say, hmmmm i should've waited.

But nothing feels as good as getting that brand new phone.

TS

• Like 2

Ya know, I kind of thought this way as well, but I pulled the trigger last September on the GS2 because I never through West Michigan would be a round two market for NV. Sprint.com lists me as upgrade eligible in September again, but I think that is a mistake. I'm happy with my device and I'll get a GS3 or whatever the go to device is this fall (as long as I can afford it, dang family/bills/kids/day care) ;)

This will be my last upgrade as a Premier 17 year customer.

Were you a part of Sprint when it had GSM in certain parts of the country? I though Sprint PCS did not launch until 1997. Just asking.

Were you a part of Sprint when it had GSM in certain parts of the country? I though Sprint PCS did not launch until 1997. Just asking.

You are quite right That is a typo and should be 15 years...I joined the 1st month that they opened!. The main reason to be with them so long is their competitive pricing. As a phone used for business I was spending way more with AT&T and .10 a minute got me to join no hesitation even if I was able to write my bill off they were the best game in town price wise with coverage way better than AT&T then

Day care is the worst bill to afford. :(

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Damn that's so right...not like it was when we were kids just pay the neighbor or a friend. I read somewhere a neghbor reported a neighbor for sitting for her friend of 20 years to the tax man.....now that's hate there rofl!

Damn that's so right...not like it was when we were kids just pay the neighbor or a friend. I read somewhere a neghbor reported a neighbor for sitting for her friend of 20 years to the tax man.....now that's hate there rofl!

My mom had her cousin babysitting me when I was young.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Probably trying to get her day care expenses written off on the taxes.

Why else do you think they give you a bit of a write off on daycare expenses every year? To rat on the non reporting ones!

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

You are quite right That is a typo and should be 15 years...I joined the 1st month that they opened!. The main reason to be with them so long is their competitive pricing. As a phone used for business I was spending way more with AT&T and .10 a minute got me to join no hesitation even if I was able to write my bill off they were the best game in town price wise with coverage way better than AT&T then

I know it. $50 for 500 min period. No contract and buy your own phone; in my case the first Samsung phone ever SPH-1900? and the Qualcomm Q-phone -- remember that? Both phones were bad...real bad!

I know it. $50 for 500 min period. No contract and buy your own phone; in my case the first Samsung phone ever SPH-1900? and the Qualcomm Q-phone -- remember that? Both phones were bad...real bad!

Bought that junk Startac presidential flip phone 700.00 now its hard for them to let you have a phone no contract even if you buy full price,,,,what a joke I remember those phones especially the Q....remember Sony's phone rofl

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE