Early upgrade.

ab30494

I am eligible for an upgrade on October 1st. Prob mid july is when i can afford to get a new phone, the gs3.

Would I be able to get an early upgrade since it is only 4 months early,?

I am eligible for an upgrade on October 1st. Prob mid july is when i can afford to get a new phone, the gs3.

Would I be able to get an early upgrade since it is only 4 months early,?

Based on current conditions I'd say no. You'd have to talk with retention, but I think two weeks is the most a CSR or store rep can move a date forward.

Based on current conditions I'd say no. You'd have to talk with retention, but I think two weeks is the most a CSR or store rep can move a date forward.

I will call. can't i just pay the ETF to get me out of contract, than upgrade.

I will call. can't i just pay the ETF to get me out of contract, than upgrade.

I think that would cancel your account, ETF is an early termination fee. I've never heard of using that to get around upgrade waits. I guess you could add a new line to your account to get a new phone upgrade then ETF your existing line.

I think that would cancel your account, ETF is an early termination fee. I've never heard of using that to get around upgrade waits. I guess you could add a new line to your account to get a new phone upgrade then ETF your existing line.

That is a way to do it, but you would have to port your phone number to google voice and then port it back in if you wanted to keep it, which costs an additional $20. You would be eligible to upgrade as a newly added line though, which sometimes brings a lower price. When I bought the E4GT, Best Buy would price match at $80 (when it was still $200 at BB and Sprint) as long as I was adding a line and not using my upgrade. When I did that, I figured keeping my same number wasn't worth $20. I figured if people need to contact me, they can find me on facebook or something.

I think that would cancel your account' date=' ETF is an early termination fee. I've never heard of using that to get around upgrade waits. I guess you could add a new line to your account to get a new phone upgrade then ETF your existing line.[/quote']

That's what I did to get my Viper. I needed a new number anyway.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Somebody needs to go back and search by I think there was a link posted to a story about Sprint eliminating the two week option.