Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Phone resolution has been set to 1080p

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that, which honestly is fine by me. Even the S8 is gonna have 1080p by default, you can always change it to 1440p if you want. I honestly don't see a real difference between the two which is great because hey it might make a decent dent in battery life.

• Like 1

Yeah I saw that, which honestly is fine by me. Even the S8 is gonna have 1080p by default, you can always change it to 1440p if you want. I honestly don't see a real difference between the two which is great because hey it might make a decent dent in battery life.

yeah I dont aee a difference either. This is why they could make a 4k screen now and just set it to 1080p. That way we get a screen door effect free vr experience. If they went with the rgb pixel arrangement instead of pentile matrix.

I sold my Note 5 yesterday. It would have been nice to try the update before I shipped it out. Oh well. I've been using an HTC Bolt the past 10 days or so, but I just picked up a brand new blue S7 Edge on Swappa for a really good price that will be here on Friday. I'm excited for that phone. The Bolt is OK, but I think it's going to be our back up device. It's just not anywhere near as good (my subjective opinion) as Samsung. 

I use nova launcher and i have a 1 weather widget set the top of my home page but it doesn't keep the correct time with the phone... it'll have it correct when i first put the widget on the home page then over time it doesn't keep track. Does anyone know a trick to keep it updated? There isn't a refresh button on it to do it manually.

Does not grab LTE as quick. I've been 50 yards away from band 41 in a store and out was on 3g until about two minutes outside it switches. Glad i ordered the s8. Wait I'm sorry it went to a site farther instead of right in front of the damn phone

LTE is just as good as ever, least in my house anyway I'll know better tomorrow. I also noticed the system font is different, I like it. Oh and the blue light filter is great, using it right now laying in bed. :)

• Like 2

Is signal better with the update?

About the same more or less, definitely picks up LTE quicker though if I'm coming out of airplane mode or drop down to 3G. OVERALL a great update, also like the improvements to the Samsung keyboard, I can actually type on it now gboard has really been sucking lately so I'm happy.

Is signal better with the update?

b26 ia back to normal and it scans for b41 faster but I wouldn't say better. Maybe slightly improved for the faster b41 scanning but thats it.

Yeah after hitting all of my usual spots I can say service is the same, as I said earlier though LTE connects a lot faster. Definitely happy with nougat, if the S8 is like this but better I will be extremely happy. Just really unsure of Qualcomm and their SoC and mode, the Shannon modem on the Exynos 7420 is amazing overall, hopefully things have gotten better.

the gif maker made it to the note 5.4ea4ca5da86654f79a94028ae9fb7a6d.jpg

EXCELLENT DISCOVERY! I was hoping it was there, to go to it go screen capture with the s-pen. Took me a bit to find it.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All good here.. liking it..i can't stand the skin and layout of the icons so I'm using nova launcher.. really smooth..i didn't notice a problem with the Samsung browser and my work webpage. There is a drop down menu that i click on and it doesn't register unless i turn the phone sideways. Ive tried to request mobile browser and desktop browser but it only works if i turn the phone sideways. I started using chrome again..

More great news about this update. Before the update if you had your msl code and turned off band 25 it would disable LTE period. There was no way to have b41 only or b41 and b26 only. As of this update you can indeed turn off b25 and b26 and have b41 only. Combine that with LTE only mode and it will tell us how far b41 can really go while being usable! I dont recommend LTE only mode since no incoming calls but this is great. I only hope the S8 has the same configurations

• Like 2

My speedtest app works great with the new update. Everything does. Hard to believe I habe not found a bug yet.

Everything works as it should.

Agreed here.  Actually can't believe an OS update finally made an improvement for once.  The battery saving by putting apps to sleep is far more aggressive on Nougat and that shows in my battery life.  Bundling notifications is so, so, so great especially for ESPN's app score updates.  WiFi calling was solid, bluetooth connection to my Uconnect system in my Durango is stable.  Well done Samsung or Google, or whoever is responsible. 

• Like 3