Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Actually, I've just started having issues where I can't toggle my WiFi easily. Rolled back GP Services and all is better. Probably wait on updating.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mine is working fine.

Anyone else's GPS acting funny? I usually keep mine on "Wifi and Mobile Networks" setting, unless I'm using Google Maps for driving directions, etc. Today was interesting. For some odd reason, location services kept turning itself on to "GPS, wifi, and mobile networks" many times for a couple hrs, while I kept switching it back.

Anyone else's GPS acting funny? I usually keep mine on "Wifi and Mobile Networks" setting, unless I'm using Google Maps for driving directions, etc. Today was interesting. For some odd reason, location services kept turning itself on to "GPS, wifi, and mobile networks" many times for a couple hrs, while I kept switching it back.

Was your battery low? The GPS will turn itself on below 15% to log a location before the battery dies.

Actually, I've just started having issues where I can't toggle my WiFi easily. Rolled back GP Services and all is better. Probably wait on updating.

For those having any WiFi issues, Turn off "WiFi scanning" in the "Improve accuracy" section in Location settings. It's the background WiFi scanning that's broken in this version.

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions on where to get a 64GB Note 5? It looks like they're hard to find now. I'm tired of running out of storage space, deleting, uninstalling, etc......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So a couple times in the past few weeks my phone would not come out of standby mode. I would hit power, hold down the power, press home button and volume keys. After 30 seconds it would come alive. Anyone else had this issue?

• Like 1

So a couple times in the past few weeks my phone would not come out of standby mode. I would hit power, hold down the power, press home button and volume keys. After 30 seconds it would come alive. Anyone else had this issue?

Yes!

I believe it's related to Google Maps in some testing with older maps apks. But who knows really.

I've had that happen, randomly. But something even more random, today my battery is at 44% with 10 hours on battery. Usually I'd be recharging it by now. Only about 2 hours of screen on time though.

My battery has been complete crap lately, I would normally leave work with about 75-80%, now I am walking out the door with around 60%. Usage has actually gone done for me lately I hardly use my phone at work anymore and it makes no sense. And I have always taken good care of my battery I try to never let it get below 50% if I can help it. I'm thinking of making an appointment at a store so they can test the battery and hopefully replace it under warranty or through TEP. Otherwise I'll be looking for a new phone shorty and I love my Note 5 and with the impending Nougout update I don't want to let it go. Maybe I'll try a format and reinstall maybe that will help, it's sad I spent $30 on a really nice 20,000mAh battery pack so I can charge when I am out and about, shouldn't have to do that.

• Like 2

Here I thought I was the only one having this problem!  So infuriating.  I too think it has something to do with Google Maps, as the only time it seems to happen is when the last thing I did with my phone is use Google Maps.  I thought it might have been because I was a Google Maps beta tester, but leaving the beta program didn't help.  I was hoping it might have been related to one of Samsung's firmware updates since I think I installed the Nov update around the time the issue started happening, but the Dec update they just pushed out definitely did not fix the problem.

I've also been noticing Google maps running incredibly slow sometimes despite not having anything else running in the background (to the best of my knowledge).  I'm not sure if the slowness has anything to do with the phone taking a while to come out of standby.  Whatever the issue is, it's incredibly frustrating.

• Like 1