S4GRU

Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

Could you expand on what you mean by "Sprint added full build to the site but choose [sic] to turn on mini Macro..." 

Sprint added a full build running additional panels but it’s only running mini macros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint added a full build running additional panels but it’s only running mini macros

Where did they add a full build? When you say it's only running mini macros, you mean for B41. B25 is online also yes?

Where did they add a full build? When you say it's only running mini macros, you mean for B41. B25 is online also yes?

Yes it’s running 2xca mini macros like on sites where they just added a rru, but this happens to be a full build

1 hour ago, tyroned3222 said:

Yes it’s running 2xca mini macros like on sites where they just added a rru, but this happens to be a full build

So this?

So this?

668650a38d579c6dfc6ccc93a4f9eba7.jpg
Exactly this set up but it’s just doing mini macro

11 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

That is a mini-macro. Still not clear what you mean when you say it is "just doing mini macro."

668650a38d579c6dfc6ccc93a4f9eba7.jpg

So a mini macro on macro standalone site?

Do you have a location?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So a mini macro on macro standalone site?

Do you have a location?

601 COTTON ST, - , EL PASO, TX 79902

734950d3642a71113a330a4b507e9420.jpg

601 COTTON ST, - , EL PASO, TX 79902
734950d3642a71113a330a4b507e9420.jpg

I'm not sure what the confusion is then.

You have a mini macro on macro deployment there. Is there something unique about it that should be talked a out?

I'm not sure what the confusion is then.

You have a mini macro on macro deployment there. Is there something unique about it that should be talked a out?

Well sprint has been back to the site twice .. I thought by now it should be running 3xca using beam forming

Specially since part of the sector is the only other site that covers part of downtown

Just now, tyroned3222 said:

Well sprint has been back to the site twice .. I thought by now it should be running 3xca using beam forming

Mini-macros can't do 3xCA, I don't think those are 8T8R antennas so beam forming probably isn't an option either.

This site is clearly a macro site (note the B25 NV antenna) with B41 mini-macros added. That is why I was confused when you said it was "just doing mini macro," because that is not an accurate description. 

Does anyone have Tmobile?  I am thinking of switching as I travel a lot on I40 west to Arizona and the service is just terrible.

There is a tower in Window Rock but Sprint confirmed for me today there are no planned upgrades to the tower for the next 6 months.  It still has not been upgraded from legacy equipment.

Just now, jroepcke51 said:

Does anyone have Tmobile?  I am thinking of switching as I travel a lot on I40 west to Arizona and the service is just terrible.

There is a tower in Window Rock but Sprint confirmed for me today there are no planned upgrades to the tower for the next 6 months.  It still has not been upgraded from legacy equipment.

I have a T-Mobile Note8 and it’s fairly unreliable through there. You get LTE in the towns but between them it’s nothing. (Like emergency calls only/no service nothing) I don’t remember exactly compared to Sprint however. 

6 hours ago, techcj_manzer said:

I have a T-Mobile Note8 and it’s fairly unreliable through there. You get LTE in the towns but between them it’s nothing. (Like emergency calls only/no service nothing) I don’t remember exactly compared to Sprint however. 

Ok not an option. I’ll have to look at att and Verizon. 

And Sprint roams on carriers in that area.  Like Commnet and Verizon.  T-Mobile is worthless in Northern AZ when not on a native signal.

Robert

48 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

And Sprint roams on carriers in that area.  Like Commnet and Verizon.  T-Mobile is worthless in Northern AZ when not on a native signal.

Robert

I’m happy that sprint keeps in-market and domestic roaming so open. I rarely, if ever see ‘no service’ :)

• Like 2

I’m happy that sprint keeps in-market and domestic roaming so open. I rarely, if ever see ‘no service’
I just hope Sprint can expand coverage to att/VZW roaming areas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Robert

That’s my thing. My ip7 did roam on band 17. My ipX will not connect. Always falls back to dead 3g

1 hour ago, jroepcke51 said:

That’s my thing. My ip7 did roam on band 17. My ipX will not connect. Always falls back to dead 3g

That’s not normal - I would open a ticket to get that resolved if I were you...

8 hours ago, RAvirani said:

That’s not normal - I would open a ticket to get that resolved if I were you...

Yes Ill do that.

15 hours ago, jroepcke51 said:

Yes Ill do that.

Let us know what they say!

f71ca26a1edbd6b7a7c5612aae94bac5.jpg
This sprint reports says a 102% increase in speeds in Albuquerque. Just wanted to ask if sprints network is that much better in Albuquerque

21 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

f71ca26a1edbd6b7a7c5612aae94bac5.jpg
This sprint reports says a 102% increase in speeds in Albuquerque. Just wanted to ask if sprints network is that much better in Albuquerque

I believe it, the average has increased completely. According to the RootMetrics 2H17 ABQ report, "Sprint's median download speed increased from 1.6 Mbps to 7.1 Mbps." Also considering most GMOs in the state have LTE turned on now, the entire market has improved in the past 6 months or so. 

• Like 1

I believe it, the average has increased completely. According to the RootMetrics 2H17 ABQ report, "Sprint's median download speed increased from 1.6 Mbps to 7.1 Mbps." Also considering most GMOs in the state have LTE turned on now, the entire market has improved in the past 6 months or so. 

That is good to see ..so the push that is coming soon .. should put Albuquerque over top and sprint may surpass one of the competitors

Does it have B41 yet? Or higher FDD if possible?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk