Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Site that is right at the border of New Mexico and Texas more rural has also been upgraded to band 41.. it looks to be a mini macro set up which is fine for that are not a lot of people in the area 8405b49d65e85b6591ff2cfc2f9f9758.jpgc4db21f44c36d7d53320a30cb4d1d183.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, as these band 41 sites turn on range is limited which I'm sure is part of the obtimization process. Now the whole the phone showing 3xca, but only brodcasting a single carrier band 41 will that also be fixed during the obtimization process ?

30 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

So, as these band 41 sites turn on range is limited which I'm sure is part of the obtimization process. Now the whole the phone showing 3xca, but only brodcasting a single carrier band 41 will that also be fixed during the obtimization process ?

Are you sure there are not three different Earfcn shown? Could you upload a screen shot?

Are you sure there are not three different Earfcn shown? Could you upload a screen shot?
This is what's display , but it's being said that only 1 carrier is actually brodcasting in Ericsson markers 9b6e74b121a028733ba1dfe2ce372442.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

This is what's display , but it's being said that only 1 carrier is actually brodcasting in Ericsson markers 9b6e74b121a028733ba1dfe2ce372442.jpg

This is 100% 3xCA, all EARFCN on your engineering screenshot are valid..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nexgencpu said:
This is 100% 3xCA, all EARFCN on your engineering screenshot are valid..

EDITED BY DKOELLERWX, THIS IS QUOTE FROM ONE OF MY POSTS:

"So far, Ericsson 8T8R sites do not appear to support carrier aggregation. I have several in my market that I have found. For the moment, they are a step down from the Clearwire sites they replaced. 3 carriers are being broadcast, but aggregation does not seem to be happening."

Edited by Dkoellerwx
Did not quote properly

5 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

EDITED BY DKOELLERWX, THIS IS QUOTE FROM ONE OF MY POSTS:

"So far, Ericsson 8T8R sites do not appear to support carrier aggregation. I have several in my market that I have found. For the moment, they are a step down from the Clearwire sites they replaced. 3 carriers are being broadcast, but aggregation does not seem to be happening."

It would appear your phone is connected to 3ca. What other conditions are you noticing that makes you believe 3ca is not active?

It would appear your phone is connected to 3ca. What other conditions are you noticing that makes you believe 3ca is not active?
This quote didn't come from me,it came from a premier member Dkoellerwx.. I noticed it right away .. speeds should of been much faster on a 3xca site then they were .. and that's when he added Ericsson sites are only brodcasting a single carrier at the moment

4 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

This quote didn't come from me,it came from a premier member Dkoellerwx.. I noticed it right away .. speeds should of been much faster on a 3xca site then they were .. and that's when he added Ericsson sites are only brodcasting a single carrier at the moment

Backhaul might not be ready. But the site is most definitely broadcasting 3xCA. You can disable CA since you have a Samsung device for testing purposes.

That site is absolutely broadcasting 3 B41 carriers, and your phone has engaged 3xCA on it. It is active and live. 3xCA speeds aren't necessarily super fast. If the site has a lot of users on it or the signal isn't that great, speeds will be slower. My home site only gets about 15 Mbps during the day on 3xCA for example.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

So far, Ericsson 8T8R sites do not appear to support carrier aggregation. I have several in my market that I have found. For the moment, they are a step down from the Clearwire sites they replaced. 3 carriers are being broadcast, but aggregation does not seem to be happening.

4 hours ago, jroepcke51 said:

He's explaining it wrong. Ericsson 8T8R sites are broadcasting 3 carriers, however it doesn't seem to support throughput on 3 carrier simultaneously. The speeds attained on Ericsson 8T8R sites are the same whether you are connected to 1 carrier, or all three through 3xCA. I have seen this on multiple Ericsson 8T8R sites in a couple different markets.

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

That site is absolutely broadcasting 3 B41 carriers, and your phone has engaged 3xCA on it. It is active and live. 3xCA speeds aren't necessarily super fast. If the site has a lot of users on it or the signal isn't that great, speeds will be slower. My home site only gets about 15 Mbps during the day on 3xCA for example.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

See my post above... Carrier Aggregation is not behaving properly on the relatively new Ericsson 8T8R sites. The older Nokia 8T8R sites in Ericsson markets are still working properly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

He's explaining it wrong. Ericsson 8T8R sites are broadcasting 3 carriers, however it doesn't seem to support throughput on 3 carrier simultaneously. The speeds attained on Ericsson 8T8R sites are the same whether you are connected to 1 carrier, or all three through 3xCA. I have seen this on multiple Ericsson 8T8R sites in a couple different markets.

Interesting. Have you looked at it in NSG? If so, does it show throughput only on one of the aggregated carriers? Or does the throughput on each drop by 2/3?

5 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Interesting. Have you looked at it in NSG? If so, does it show throughput only on one of the aggregated carriers? Or does the throughput on each drop by 2/3?

I am not sure at the moment what you mean by NSG. 

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I am not sure at the moment what you mean by NSG. 

Network Signal Guru. It's a root app that basically interfaces with the Qualcomm engineering driver to give low level modem/radio details https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qtrun.QuickTest

4 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Network Signal Guru. It's a root app that basically interfaces with the Qualcomm engineering driver to give low level modem/radio details https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qtrun.QuickTest

I do not have a rooted device, and am not currently interested in rooting so I don't think I can use that.

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

That appears to be similar to Samsung and I assume Nokia and ALU regions when 3CA was beginning to roll out. It turned out there was still backend upgrades that needed to be done. 

• Like 1

Well one tower in Alamogordo has B41. Not sure why they did the Holloman AFB Tower first. But love the speeds

4d5496bf28203182bc09748860bdf95f.jpg

e93b883882703d37cb5d4f8a48cb8278.jpg

Then I got back into town.
235bf963301a1dfc3c2d98220adeb72a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 6/1/2018 at 5:43 PM, RSC405 said:
Well one tower in Alamogordo has B41. Not sure why they did the Holloman AFB Tower first. But love the speeds

Then I got back into town.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to Ruidoso, last time I was there Sprint's service was lacking. Have any improvements been made there?

16 hours ago, bookertdub said:

It's been a couple of years since I've been to Ruidoso, last time I was there Sprint's service was lacking. Have any improvements been made there?

Still not great but usable. Two band 25 carriers and no band 26 as it is inside the IBEZ. No band 41 when I was there last year.

I was driving around ABQ yesterday running errands and I noticed three different towers with new equipment. Two with mini macros and one with 8t8r. Nice the northeast heights is getting some love. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/9/2018 at 5:26 AM, jroepcke51 said:

I was driving around ABQ yesterday running errands and I noticed three different towers with new equipment. Two with mini macros and one with 8t8r. Nice the northeast heights is getting some love. 

I've been noticing that as well here in the East Mountains. Edgewood and Moriarty have B41 now, and every site in the canyon has LTE. Very slow LTE in some areas, on par with 3G, but fast enough for VoLTE. I'm thinking almost the entire metro has very usable data now! 

• Like 2

Sprint still has some work to do in ABQ as speeds were quite slow of Frontier Restaurant, but at Isotopes Park, the speeds on Sprint's network were fantastic when I was there this most recent Wednesday.IMG_3547.PNG

• Like 2