Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

desperes is back up, per my friend at charter building across the highway from tower.

The way towers have been up and down, don't 'despere' always assume its sprint and not your phone.

I noticed a pickup truck and trailer with stacks of boxes at the des peres site on the way home from work.  I was surprised to see someone there so I didn't get a chance to look too closely before I passed by.

Can someone grab HEX SCID from these sites please:

N Lindbergh behind Aldi

Flushing Meadow and Des Peres

Behind Ferguson PD

Got Flushing Meadows/Des Peres. Still need the other 2

Long time lurker. I work across the highway from Flushing Meadows in Des Peres. I picked up LTE on my HTC One shortly after passing Ladue coming in on 270 this morning, and had it all day. Granted I was working, so if it dropped for a period, I wouldn't have noticed, but every time I used my phone, it said 4g. Yesterday's speed test broke 14Mb/s, which made me happy. I tried using LTE discovery on my drive in yesterday, and I didn't get LTE until I stopped it, so it must not work right with my phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Long time lurker. I work across the highway from Flushing Meadows in Des Peres. I picked up LTE on my HTC One shortly after passing Ladue coming in on 270 this morning, and had it all day. Granted I was working, so if it dropped for a period, I wouldn't have noticed, but every time I used my phone, it said 4g. Yesterday's speed test broke 14Mb/s, which made me happy. I tried using LTE discovery on my drive in yesterday, and I didn't get LTE until I stopped it, so it must not work right with my phone.

Welcome to the party!  I'm curious how the speed tests will be from the start vs a few months down the road.  Gonna hopefully start getting some baselines to reference later.

• Like 1

Welcome to the party!  I'm curious how the speed tests will be from the start vs a few months down the road.  Gonna hopefully start getting some baselines to reference later.

I am sure when a site goes live you will see fast speeds then there will most likely be times where it is slow and I would assume when more sites are available to connect to it will be fast again. When this whole process is over I hope to see consistent 6-8 Meg everwhere I go. That speed, although not as fast as other carriers is completely fine for what most people do on their phones. 

Welcome to the party! I'm curious how the speed tests will be from the start vs a few months down the road. Gonna hopefully start getting some baselines to reference later.

when I was in Boston it was 4g all over but I was only getting 1.5 - 3.5 I would take that for what to expect under full load.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I'll be more than a little disappointed if I get 1.5 here when the upgrades are done. 3+ and I would be more than ok with it.

Maybe with Softbank (its got that new Sprint smell) ™ they will push to add more carriers where they can sooner rather than later to get on par with Japan's speed.

when I was in Boston it was 4g all over but I was only getting 1.5 - 3.5 I would take that for what to expect under full load.

Boston may be launched, but the market is only 47% LTE complete. Also you were there during the Stanley Cup Playoffs in a hockey town... capacity overload. I will be a member here until all 769 sites in the MO Market are 800/3G/4G Complete. It may be a year or 2 before it is 100% but I am not going to judge it until the fat lady sings.

data/4g has been down all day today from my friend at charter

Just to stay semi on topic....I hope someone can confirm there is or isn't LTE from the Des Peres site today. I'm starting to worry my phone isn't connecting to LTE properly since I couldn't get any 4G signal there around 1pm....and I couldn't get one in Arnold the other day (although that one isn't too uncommon for it to disappear).

desperes is back up, per my friend at charter building across the highway from tower.

The way towers have been up and down, don't 'despere' always assume its sprint and not your phone.

Just drove past it again on the way home, not a hint of lte still. I ran lte discovery app, manually used airplane mode, and also restarted my phone. I want to see another phone next to me connect while I can't before I start trying to address any potential problem.

I've gotten lte signal in Arnold a few weeks ago so it at least worked at one point. Maybe I'm just having bad luck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hey, new to the forums but i've been looking on here for over a year. Does anyone know if any towers in Chesterfield have been accepted....Data is pretty much unusable and 2 bars at most.

Hey, new to the forums but i've been looking on here for over a year. Does anyone know if any towers in Chesterfield have been accepted....Data is pretty much unusable and 2 bars at most.

I don't believe so...but if you become a Sponsor you can check the frequently updated map that has the status of In Progress and 3G/4G accepted towers.

Just drove past it again on the way home, not a hint of lte still. I ran lte discovery app, manually used airplane mode, and also restarted my phone. I want to see another phone next to me connect while I can't before I start trying to address any potential problem.

I've gotten lte signal in Arnold a few weeks ago so it at least worked at one point. Maybe I'm just having bad luck.

I think the Sprint workers are on this thread and they know when you go home and are playing a trick on you. lol

• Like 1

No confirmed work to date in Chesterfield. We would definitely love to have some spotters in that area though.

I don't believe so...but if you become a Sponsor you can check the frequently updated map that has the status of In Progress and 3G/4G accepted towers.

This is gonna sound stupid and I'm sure you've checked it, but is your phone in CDMA only mode?

• Like 1

This is gonna sound stupid and I'm sure you've checked it, but is your phone in CDMA only mode?

I've actually checked it multiple times to be quadruple sure lol

unyma3ad.jpg

I've actually checked it multiple times to be quadruple sure lol

Did you mess with any hidden menus or anything? Particularly LTE Only, CDMA Only, Global Mode?

Did you mess with any hidden menus or anything? Particularly LTE Only, CDMA Only, Global Mode?

Nope, only dialer code I've gone into is ##debug## to look at the LTE engineering screen.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get a 4G signal and put my concerns to rest.  If it doesn't work anywhere tomorrow, I'll try pulling that SIM out and putting it back to see if that makes any difference.

Welcome to the party! I'm curious how the speed tests will be from the start vs a few months down the road. Gonna hopefully start getting some baselines to reference later.

Thanks for the welcome! When we were in Fort Worth last December, my wife clocked over 20Mb/s on her iPhone 5 on LTE (I was still on WiMax). I ran the test multiple times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. In Des Peres, she hit 7Mb/s. Obviously there are many factors that can affect a speed test (proximity to tower, tower load, location of test server, quality of backhaul, etc), but one can hope. :-) I'd be perfectly happy with blanket LTE coverage around 10Mbps, although 20-30 from time to time would be pretty sweet.

Check *#*#4637#*#*

Thanks, here's what that shows.

Posted Image

Hopefully today I'll get a 4G signal and all my concerns will be put to rest

Check *#*#4637#*#*

Thanks, here's what that shows.

Hopefully today I'll get a 4G signal and all my concerns will be put to rest

Just drove by Des Peres site, no 4G still. There's a white truck with a trailer at the site though.