Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

What is the discovery app? Should I be using that versus Sensorly?

It should be used in conjunction with Sensorly. What it does is cycles Airplane Mode every 30 seconds. That way it can be constantly searching for an LTE signal as our phones only do this every 30 minutes. It is not for everyday use though as it will not allow calls/texts/data to be used.

Texts and calls still come through, just only in the non airplane mode of the cycle though. Most phones scan more often than 30 minutes though. My wife's non rooted/touched S3 doesn't a decent job of picking up LTE in areas where the device has picked up LTE in the past.

Test Date: Jun 17, 2013 7:03:39 pm

Connection Type: 1xRTT

Server: Boston, MA

Download: 0.00 Mbps

Upload: 0.03 Mbps

Ping: 2903 ms

External IP: 66.87.82.186

Internal IP: 25.35.206.186

Latitude: 42.36918

Longitude: -71.06594

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Test Date: Jun 17, 2013 7:03:39 pm

Connection Type: 1xRTT

Server: Boston, MA

Download: 0.00 Mbps

Upload: 0.03 Mbps

Ping: 2903 ms

External IP: 66.87.82.186

Internal IP: 25.35.206.186

Latitude: 42.36918

Longitude: -71.06594

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Careful...don't use all that speed in 1 place.

But uhh...isn't that in Boston?  :o

Sprint message just came through my phone.   Service updates for Ozark MO to start soon.   Can anyone confirm that the tower off of South St and 17th street in Ozark MO is Sprint/Nextel tower?

1. I can confirm that the site on W Florissant near Lucas and Hunt is broadcasting LTE SCIDs(3 digit style) 148-317-486 Did some mapping on sensorly near the site. Check out Canfield Drive. If someone could drive over there and grab HEX that would be superb.

9072619654_0bdd78bc01_d.jpg9070398447_471fde20d9_d.jpg9072624238_ec5ae2d1c1_d.jpg

2. Site at 367 and Chambers is installed.

9070406083_a46e27b567_o_d.jpg

3. Site at 367 near Parker is installed

9070403169_3526422c3e_o_d.jpg

9070408451_20031e3feb_o_d.jpg

4. Site at Halls Ferry and Lucas-Hunt is "Red Sticked"

Sprint message just came through my phone.   Service updates for Ozark MO to start soon.   Can anyone confirm that the tower off of South St and 17th street in Ozark MO is Sprint/Nextel tower?

I can confirm that for you. Yes.

What does red at sticked mean?

It is a term coined by the folks on the New Orleans thread. Apparently there were a lot of sites in Baton Rouge(translates to Red Stick) that were 4G accepted that were not actually broadcasting LTE. So they just used that term to describe that type of predicament. Its like someone forgot to flip a switch.

It is a term coined by the folks on the New Orleans thread. Apparently there were a lot of sites in Baton Rouge(translates to Red Stick) that were 4G accepted that were not actually broadcasting LTE. So they just used that term to describe that type of predicament. Its like someone forgot to flip a switch.

We also used to mark them as red icons on our old map scheme.  So it stuck...red sticks poking out of the map to go with the city name.  It was fitting.

Hi guys 

Long time reader here .. I am in the Godfrey area and can see the Tower that is right off of 67 and 255 (near the Walmart) .. Noticed that there was a White van and truck at that location on Friday. During that time I was getting the EVDO version A signal instead of the eHRPD signal.. Since Friday night it has returned to the EHRPD signal but instead of a full strength on my signal meter I am now only getting 1 to 2 lines on the meter and have had several lost calls.  If I understand correctly they are only upgrading the data and not the call signal... Could they be doing something else at this site. 

Just curious.

How often are panels mounted on Power/Telephone poles?

I saw some yesterday, I think it was off Lindbergh or Clayton but can't remember.

The entire city of Springfield, MO is telephone pole sites for Sprint except for 1 or 2. We don;t see it here for much for Sprint sites. I would assume that it just has to do with politics and not being able to build new towers within city limits so they figured something else out.

Hi guys 

Long time reader here .. I am in the Godfrey area and can see the Tower that is right off of 67 and 255 (near the Walmart) .. Noticed that there was a White van and truck at that location on Friday. During that time I was getting the EVDO version A signal instead of the eHRPD signal.. Since Friday night it has returned to the EHRPD signal but instead of a full strength on my signal meter I am now only getting 1 to 2 lines on the meter and have had several lost calls.  If I understand correctly they are only upgrading the data and not the call signal... Could they be doing something else at this site. 

Thats not our site. I posted a picture last week of a van at our site there at Montclair and Bethany across from where the race track used be. From what I can tell, you are thinking of the super tall tower near Faith Lutheran Church/preschool at the intersection of Montclair(267/111) and Godfrey Rd(US-67). That is definitely not sprint. But work is in progress at the Sprint site there. The one up the road in Delhi is completed. As for the voice reception, Sprints new equipment should give you better range and when 800mhz voice comes out(very soon) you will notice a lot better building penetration and better signal as well.

9078020482_cb496e747b_o_d.jpg

9044865316_d37d0bfa5f_o_d.jpg

Hi guys 

Long time reader here .. I am in the Godfrey area

Oh and welcome to the forum. If you need anything just let me know. It is great to have a fellow spotter in the area.

So if i get eHRPD from a tower it means that one has the software upgrade for LTE??????

I would venture to say that almost all of the towers in the MO Market have the eHRPD upgrade. Its only software that allows for better handoffs between 3G and 4G.

I would venture to say that almost all of the towers in the MO Market have the eHRPD upgrade. Its only software that allows for better handoffs between 3G and 4G.

Oh ok. I need to double check but I don't get any eHRPD in St Chuck Co. StL City and Co I always have it now since you mentioned that hidden setting.