Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Yep, definitely never mapping with my phone again. Everyone can ignore the dark purple in Alton.

Glad you are a believer. Some people still swear this issue exists.

Sent from my little Note2

The connection I got in Alton this morning is definitely fringe connecton from 270 and Riverview...went down there again signal was between -108 and -120 and Serving cell stayed on 138... mapped a couple points....I know I'm not supposed to with my GNex but I just had to.

Your not supposed to do what with a G Nex?

Some have microwave backhaul(through a "dish") most have fiber run though. As some on here will tell you there are some sites where you can't even see evidence of digging that have it completed. This to me looks like cabinet parts and maybe RRU's from the model numbers. Good find. I added your post to the In Progress thread on the sponsor side. This is the first site in St. Clair Co. to be marked in progress! I'm assuming you are in the St. Clair Co. Area? Have you checked any other sites?

Haven't checked any other sites in the area yet.

They were hoisting up equipment today at the site.  Do you know how long it takes for them to fire things up once they have the equipment in place?  Just a matter of days or weeks, maybe?

Your not supposed to do what with a G Nex?

Use Sensorly to map....zoom in on downtown Alton, IL by the bridge. There is absolutely no reason for dark purple there as I was getting -120dbm there.

Use Sensorly to map....zoom in on downtown Alton, IL by the bridge. There is absolutely no reason for dark purple there as I was getting -120dbm there.

Whoops. I better quit mapping then. I guess thats why you asked for an iOS or HTC Android reading.

Whoops. I better quit mapping then. I guess thats why you asked for an iOS or HTC Android reading.

No, that's because those have the Hex address serving cell. Easy way to cheat on the active site but it is simple with the three digit ones as well.

The Gnex radio falls on it's face and maps dark purple every where. Takes quite a few passes with another device to map it down. I wish they would ban that phone from Sensorly.

No, that's because those have the Hex address serving cell. Easy way to cheat on the active site but it is simple with the three digit ones as well.

The Gnex radio falls on it's face and maps dark purple every where. Takes quite a few passes with another device to map it down. I wish they would ban that phone from Sensorly.

Ill refrain from using Sensorly to map then. I don't want to contribute to inaccuracy. Ill get my money in and start watching the tower sites though.

Edited by steveo314

Seeing new blips on Sensorly at Depaul Hospital at 270 & St Charles Rock Rd, & on HWY H in St Charles County almost due north of the 270 & Lindbergh site

And one at 270 and Gravois

depaul blip looks like hazelwood fringe.

270/gravois looks like another fringe, probably from arnold or maybe telegraph.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

depaul blip looks like hazelwood fringe.

270/gravois looks like another fringe, probably from arnold or maybe telegraph.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

I'd be happy to if that is not fringe at 270 and Gravios also. I take night classes at Vatterott.

I need HTC and iPhone LTE Engineering screens because they show HEX SCID and Samsungs and LG's don't but Gnex in particular sends out wrong info to sensorly.

I need Android and iPhone LTE Engineering screens because they show HEX SCID and Samsungs and LG's don't but Gnex in particular sends out wrong info to sensorly.

That's good to know.

Does the GNex pick up LTE "slower" than say the iPhone 5??

Figured. The HTC might work better but i just can't stray away from the Samsung phones.

EVO 4G has connectivity issues. Gnex has some connectivity issues that I have experienced where you have to shut the phone down completely in order to get 4G. I think this is partially due to no EHRPD on this side of the river. So far I would say the best phones that I have heard about are the HTC One and the LG Optimus G. GS3 and GS4 are right behind those from what I have read.

South Kirkwood yesterday. I'm wondering which tower that blip came from at watson and 44. Anyone know?

Gotta be Arnold or Jefferson Barracks site. What we are trying to figure out is if the site in Kirkwood that was accepted last week is up and running. Cuz no one has reported anything on it.

watson/44 blip has been there a few weeks now, I drove all over and round the buildings there and could not get anything.

I will check manchester and lindbergh area tonite.

From what I've read and experienced, the note 2 is the lte monster.

I have the note2 and htc 1, and the note 2 seems to be able to hold on to lte longer than the 1, but it doesn't seem to be any more usable than where the 1 drops off at.

watson/44 blip has been there a few weeks now, I drove all over and round the buildings there and could not get anything.

I will check manchester and lindbergh area tonite.

From what I've read and experienced, the note 2 is the lte monster.

I have the note2 and htc 1, and the note 2 seems to be able to hold on to lte longer than the 1, but it doesn't seem to be any more usable than where the 1 drops off at.

Forgot about the Note 2....anyways just so you know before you go. The site at Lindbergh and Manchester is a flagpole site surrounded by privacy fence from what I saw on street view.

EVO 4G has connectivity issues. Gnex has some connectivity issues that I have experienced where you have to shut the phone down completely in order to get 4G. I think this is partially due to no EHRPD on this side of the river. So far I would say the best phones that I have heard about are the HTC One and the LG Optimus G. GS3 and GS4 are right behind those from what I have read.

All depends on who you talk to I guess.  I've heard the HTC One is better than the EVO LTE but about on par with the S3, maybe slightly under.  The Note2 beats the S3, I have both and can easily confirm this.  A veteraned LTE hunter in our market has the S4 and Note2 and has stated a few times the S4 smokes the Note2.  So after figuring that mess out it's easy to determine the S4 is about the top dog.  Samsung has definitely got the RF dept rocking!  The Note2 still surprises me with its ability to snag a LTE signal in the craziest of places.    

All depends on who you talk to I guess.  I've heard the HTC One is better than the EVO LTE but about on par with the S3, maybe slightly under.  The Note2 beats the S3, I have both and can easily confirm this.  A veteraned LTE hunter in our market has the S4 and Note2 and has stated a few times the S4 smokes the Note2.  So after figuring that mess out it's easy to determine the S4 is about the top dog.  Samsung has definitely got the RF dept rocking!  The Note2 still surprises me with its ability to snag a LTE signal in the craziest of places.    

Who's ready for the Note 3???