Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

I wonder if they will just put up a NV panel for the busted one or use one of the thousands of spares of the old panels they must have now.

There have not been many markets where they are pulling down legacy yet.

Sent from my little Note2

A lot of the decriptions in the permits I found say that they are "

REMOVE & REPLACE EXISTING ANTENNAS & ACCESS EQUIP - SPRINT (site ID)"

A lot of the decriptions in the permits I found say that they are "

REMOVE & REPLACE EXISTING ANTENNAS & ACCESS EQUIP - SPRINT (site ID)"

Unless there isn't room, they will not be pulling legacy equipment until the market is closer to being complete. More than likely, 3G legacy will remain operating for several more months. However, the time frame to remove them is soon enough they're able to put it on the permit.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Some of the ones where I thought they would hot swap they went out of the way to keep the legacy up. A couple sites they even swapped out the entire rack and put legacy back on the new rack with new wire mounts. Hot swaps are rare.

Sent from my little Note2

Seen like the pannel would be useable if the rest was still legacy, just only use one 1900 mhz hookup and its all ready up there when its time to hoon up wit RRU'S

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anyone near Arnold or Des Peres want to check out a site?

I'm at work in Creve Coeur until 11 but I'll be taking 270 south on the way home.  What Des Peres tower are we interested in?

Flushing Meadows and Des Peres Rd. That one and 2 arnold sites were issued permits on January 9th and must be completed within the next 5 weeks.

Oh cool I know right where that is, I took a couple SQL classes at the UMSL training center on Flushing Meadows when I started my new job.  That is right near 270 that I drive past every day and I have not seen a hint of LTE there but I'll see if I can look around the site for signs of progress.  If I can't get a good look in the dark tonight I may drop by again tomorrow around lunch time.

Is one of the 2 Arnold sites the one on Hawkins Road near Meramec Bottom and 55?  I pass by that one from time to time so I'm sure I could stop and take a peek later this week.

• Like 1

Oh cool I know right where that is, I took a couple SQL classes at the UMSL training center on Flushing Meadows when I started my new job.  That is right near 270 that I drive past every day and I have not seen a hint of LTE there but I'll see if I can look around the site for signs of progress.  If I can't get a good look in the dark tonight I may drop by again tomorrow around lunch time.

Is one of the 2 Arnold sites the one on Hawkins Road near Meramec Bottom and 55?  I pass by that one from time to time so I'm sure I could stop and take a peek later this week.

Yes one is the hawkins and meramec btm. the other is off Butler Hill Rd. near Tesson Ferry.

Feel the need to post on here about the sites I recently checked.

Bischoff Rd near Horsehoe Lake, -no signs of work.

Johnson Hill Apts in Collinsville, IL- no signs of work except maybe backhaul.

Behind Goodwill in Granite City- No signs of work except maybe backhaul

Mitchell, IL -Backhaul only

Long Lake Fire Dept Pontoon Beach, IL-  no signs of work maybe backhaul

Bethalto, IL- no more work to report except hoist rope and cabinets

Godfrey, IL behind Mid IL Gymnastics no additional work this week(backhaul done 2 weeks ago)

Godfrey, IL near Montclair and Bethany no signs of work besides maybe backhaul

Delhi, IL-Cabinets installed 2 weeks ago, NV Antennas have been deliveryed and are in boxes inside the cage.

Rosewood Heights, IL. No signs of work besides maybe backhaul.

Alton, IL near white castle. No signs of any work at all

Alton, IL behind Lowes maybe backhaul

Collinsville, IL St Peter and Paul Cemetery- Cabinets and backhaul done 2 weeks ago. 

Glen Carbon, IL off 270 no signs of work maybe backhaul

Glen Carbon IL off 255 @ 162 no signs of work on tower(private property) 

I'm no expert but I went over there (man you guys got hit...) and I think it may be downtilt related.DSCF0095.JPG

This was near the edge of the tornado's path, and after looking at the damage path and comparing it to tower maps, there are nearly 10 Sprint sites in that took a hit from this tornado. If this is what happens on the edge, can't image what happened to the ones that took a direct hit. 

And has anyone checked out the Kirkwood site that was accepted last week?

I was at Lindbergh and Manchester tonight..was not able to find any LTE. Is it the small tower on the south east corner of that intersection? I'm by there a lot and could check it out possibly.

It's dark and I can't see through the fence so I just put my phone up and started taking pictures. I'm driving now so just uploading them all and hoping I caught something relevant.

I saw no signs of digging on the front edge, just one old marker flag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking it out. Kinda hard to tell with what we have there but thanks.

It's no problem, that one is on the way.  Hopefully I can see better/more when there's daylight.

Here is the aerial view...it looks like there's a lot going on here with multiple sheds.  It's kinda tough to even figure out what area might be important lol

desperes.png

You can also get a good look with Google Street view but it doesn't look like anything has changed on the tower. They better get a move on before the permit expires.

That's off towers road

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Oh ok. Have they touched that site yet? i don't make it back off towers and pitman hill anymore.

I noticed all the torn up roofs driving down 94/364 this morning.

Edited by steveo314