Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

Which tower? I heard it was rejected cause no representatives from sprint or the tower company were present at the meeting.

Waltham city hall had granted one of the two permits the one on 39 sachem street was granted last night. here's the link

https://web-server.city.waltham.ma.us/GovernEComponents/WebUserInterface/(S(c5onrwjo3di4qm45vklekiv3))/Report/Web_Report_CrystalViewer.aspx?REPORTNAME=D%3a%5cwalthamweb%5cGovernEComponents%5cReports_TX_Site%5cWAL_WEB_PM.rpt&ReportParameter=YEAR_ID%3d2013%3bP_ID%3d10%2c081.00%3bPM_ID%3d76%2c882.00

How do you know that this permit is for sprint? I don't see anything mentioning sprint, alcatel, or Ericsson.

Was staying in the Boston Harbor Hotel over the weekend. I saw 4G (8-9 mbps) in my room' date=' but not in the lobby. Got 4G in the middle of Quincy Market (yes, I was a tourist).[/quote']

This makes sense. The nearest active LTE site is probably not close enough to the hotel to provide coverage. But once you go into your room above the ground clutter, you probably had line of sight to the active site and was able to get LTE that way.

I have the same issue with WiMax here in New Mexico. The East ABQ site works for about 1.5 miles on the ground. But staying at the Airport Sheraton, I can get the signal almost 5 miles away when I get above the 4th floor and above all the clutter.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Also as of monday i went from DL speeds on 3G at .15 to DL speed of 1.35 or higher

Edited by mazza31

This makes sense. The nearest active LTE site is probably not close enough to the hotel to provide coverage. But once you go into your room above the ground clutter, you probably had line of sight to the active site and was able to get LTE that way.

I have the same issue with WiMax here in New Mexico. The East ABQ site works for about 1.5 miles on the ground. But staying at the Airport Sheraton, I can get the signal almost 5 miles away when I get above the 4th floor and above all the clutter.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Yeah, the lte tower broadcasting in that area is up the street at downtown crossing (few streets up). There is a 3G tower that's literally right outside boston harbor hotel that hasn't been upgraded yet.

All outside of the boston harbor hotel and the entire greenway you'll get 4G. In the lobby, the signal just can't make it and reverts to the tower right outside.

• Like 2

Nothing at Gillette stadium today. Could barely keep a 1X connection.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I've noticed at Gillette during the Pats game Sprint service is awful. I noticed that Verizon 3G isnt much better and only their LTE connection works.....

Odd, I had 4G LTE at Gillette yesterday. Fairly weak signal up in the nose bleed, but it was there. 5-10mbit speeds.

I am wondering if they have just started working on the DAS there... maybe they haven't made it around the stadium yet. My 3G signal was super solid (overpowering 4G).

The 4G is strong on R1 in Wrentham, and is abruptly ends on the Foxboro line. You must have picked up for being high up.

• Like 1

Also a question - I have noticed that the signal strength of the tower near my apartment building ( I am right next to RT3) has gotten slowly stronger. It used to switch over to 3g by the time I got off the highway, then I could pick it up on the grounds, and the last few days I have noticed it in my apartment (before my phone switches to wifi). Am I imagining this?

Probably because the leaves are falling off the trees. Leaves can really do a number on your signal. I get a much better signal at my house during the late fall and winter than I do in the spring and summer.

• Like 1

Also as of monday i went from DL speeds on 3G at .15 to DL speed of 1.35 or higher

A city counselor in waltham said sachem st and turner st were rejected due to sprint not showing up at the meetings. I wonder if sprint is going ahead with the work regardless.

A city counselor in waltham said sachem st and turner st were rejected due to sprint not showing up at the meetings. I wonder if sprint is going ahead with the work regardless.

Well the one for sachem street the permit on city hall website say its been approved it also says to Pinnacle Towers Which is the company owns the towers so I guess I just have to wait and see

• Like 1

We need more peeps to scour the South Shore for more LTE goodness!

I used Sensorly to map the LTE coverage heading down 93S through the Braintree split the other night. Not too surprised to see coverage there since the sponsor maps show a new live LTE tower in that area in the last update.

Where are you finding the sponser Map in the Boston market? in the animated maps section?

I used Sensorly to map the LTE coverage heading down 93S through the Braintree split the other night. Not too surprised to see coverage there since the sponsor maps show a new live LTE tower in that area in the last update.

Got some 4g LTE love today driving from Braintree toward Brockton. 128 to rt 24

around Harrison Blvd. Sporadic though with only 6gb download speeds.

Got to Brockton but the signal disappeared.

Kinda bummed about that. Hopefully they'll get that area hooked up soon.

• Like 1

A new LTE tower mayhave got flipped on (or an existing one adjusted) in Leominster as signal is now strong enough to stay locked on LTE indoors. Seems to average about 5mbps down and 1 up indoors. I can get 10 or higher if i step outside. 3G speed was much improved for a while but seems borked again. I'll map some more with sensorly when I go out.

Now only if Burlington would get some LTE. There is ehrpd and improved 3G. Seems close since rt3 Billerica has spots up and running.

Edited by SteaminLoaf