Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

I was saying that because if they change the wimax protection site in my city to td lte it would be better than having to wait up to a year to see td lte in action around here.

I'm hoping for Protection Site conversion to TD-LTE too. :fingers:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The question is, is there room?

That thing is full of antenna's but the new one has activity.. as of tonight, there where lights on it again.

I know DC Communications has fiber, I have DCI for my internet..

Any guess what that tower is?

no I dont maybe it is at structural capacity so the site owner had to add a tower if he wanted the ability to add more buisness? Who knows? I knew there was fiber there but question is was sprint able to get an agreement with that provider or do they need to have someone else run fiber?

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

I though you would find this interesting.  This past weekend I was at the U game and was getting occasional LTE from the Foothill tower.  Speeds were all over the place but mostly were a screenshot I took of speedtest.net:  1 bar of LTE yielded down= 0.69 mbps and up 0.55 mbps. These would be decent 3g speeds on sprint. The speeds were like I say all over and not consistant.

Granted there are a lot of people in the stadium but I dont think too many people have their sprint lte devices fired up looking for the LTE yet.  Just thought I would share. 

They are installing hardware in South Jordan. I don't want to disclose too much info on location (I have seen the wrath LOL). Also SCI is doing a directional Bore to the road (They have done one before in the last year). Hopefully we have some LTE love soon. 

A question for all of you here. On my bill it says that I have used 4G in the last month, yet I have been nowhere near any active areas in Utah. Has anyone else seen this?

Goober the stadium is on the fringe area for the tower that is live on foothill the tower that I would suspect will cover that is much closer which should yield better and more consistent speeds.

They are installing hardware in South Jordan. I don't want to disclose too much info on location (I have seen the wrath LOL). Also SCI is doing a directional Bore to the road (They have done one before in the last year). Hopefully we have some LTE love soon. 

A question for all of you here. On my bill it says that I have used 4G in the last month, yet I have been nowhere near any active areas in Utah. Has anyone else seen this?

You might have passed by a tower that is live with LTE.  There are a few around here in Utah and generally smartphones are always using some kind of data in the background without your knowledge so that is probably where its from.  As a sponsor you can see where the towers are that are live and I bet you have driven by one not knowing it.  Robert has made the reports available to all non-sponsors and so you can see we have some LTE live towers so I guarantee you were by a live LTE tower.

Usually sponsors gain information of where towers are from the sponsors section hence why when they disclose things in this open forum the "wrath" comes down because they had to be a sponsor to originally get the info in the first place.  Seeing as how you are not a sponsor you can share anything you would like in this forum because you obtained some "general" knowledge.  For example: If I went to a tower that I learned about from the sponsors section and posted things on this forum about the location or pics of the site ID or some other things thats not right because I only was able to go get that info because of the sponsor info I obtained.  For you however...since you have not obtained any of the information from the sponsor section you can post any picture or information of that site including location that you want because it was through your own efforts that you learned about it.  So feel free.  You may not even have the correct cell site also.  I've seen that a lot from members thinking something was happening but it was not a sprint tower.  It is very worth it though to become a sponsor!!!  Thanks for your extra eyes out there and welcome to S4GRU!!!

Yeah, there are lots of resources for cell tower locations.  This one used to be great until most of the towers were moved to crown, but it still has lots of great stuff.  Like this for example:
http://www.t-mobiletowers.com/TowerDetail.aspx?towerid=SV00312A

Make sure you check out the PDF's at the bottom for complete details.

" You may not even have the correct cell site also.  I've seen that a lot from members thinking something was happening but it was not a sprint tower. "

I spoke with the guys putting the equipment together on the ground. I asked who they were installing equipment for, the response was "It's Sprints, For LTE." 

I assumed previously that the tower in question wasn't a Sprint tower due to the fact that it doesn't show up on Sprints map. 

The tower is at 10900 south and about 1800 west, near the Softball fields in City Park.

Its on the map I checked that site a few weeks ago. Sprints map is very umm .....I just use the ones on here let's just go with that. Good find though snap some pics if you can!

Last night I was in Mapleton and I had great 4G coverage there. I ran Sensorly in a couple of spots and got a 4G signal in the mouth of a Mapleton Canyon. Got about 3 down in there in poor reception and 12 down right in town.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Last night I was in Mapleton and I had great 4G coverage there. I ran Sensorly in a couple of spots and got a 4G signal in the mouth of a Mapleton Canyon. Got about 3 down in there in poor reception and 12 down right in town.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

And no engineering screen shots?? You could have been the first to confirm that site!!

Bosox801, it looks like the tower I was referring to () and  were just added. 4G coverage in that part of South Utah County is pretty awesome.

I'm willing to bet that coverage in Spanish Fork is so good because Spanish Fork runs its own municipal fiber network. It was probably easier for Sprint to get fiber backhaul to the towers due to the built out fiber. 

I'm willing to bet that coverage in Spanish Fork is so good because Spanish Fork runs its own municipal fiber network. It was probably easier for Sprint to get fiber backhaul to the towers due to the built out fiber.

ah makes sense. Fiber is the delay at most sites here I bet.

Bosox801, it looks like the tower I was referring to () and were just added. 4G coverage in that part of South Utah County is pretty awesome.

Oops. sorry for posting the private stuff here. That was braindead on my part.

Oops. sorry for posting the private stuff here. That was braindead on my part.

accidents happen we are human. That's also why we have mods and they do a great job at catching those slips.

I just joined this forum and I'm really excited because everyone on here has more info than the average Sprint rep. Sometimes they don't know, other times they can't say anything. 

A month ago I was planning on quitting Sprint because my signal everywhere was bad and the signal is almost non existent in my neighborhood. I found out that my phone sucks S GS2 and I plan on getting the iPhone which should rectify the situation. I'm hoping that 4G improves the coverage significantly enough to actually cover my neighborhood. 

Happy to be here. sorry if this was supposed to go on the forum welcome page.

Be careful because often reps will tell you to buy a new phone because they want you to, rather than you actually need one.  Generally new phones don't fix reception issues, there are some exceptions though.

Where are you located?

Edited by dmplus