Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

We have LTE in parts of Herriman. At my house my phone connects intermittently but I noticed a good strong signal while taking my daughter to school today (on Mountain View Corridor). I didn't perform a speed test or take any screenshots, I was too focused on driving in this white stuff. I'll do a speed test and grab a screenshot on my way into work.

Oddly, the time on my phone (iPhone 5) is off by one hour (PST instead of MST). I noticed this last night when going to bed and had to disable the automatic time setting and set it to MST to ensure I woke up on time this morning. I wonder if the switch to LTE has anything to do with it and if so, how many people use their phones as their alarm clock and are going to be late to work today.

As soon as I got to work (3G network) the time on my phone switched back to MST.

Here's a screenshot from a speed test I took at 13400 S and Mountain View Corridor. This was actually taken at 9:26 AM, not 8:26.

post-25195-0-26675900-1386092264_thumb.jpg

Edited by caimakale

Here is a screenshot while sitting at the corner of 1300E and 3300S this morning. This tower must still be in testing phase...or my phone is having a really hard time sticking to 4g. I only had 4g for 10-15 minutes.

I also had sensorly running, so there should be some purple showing up soon. 

post-24280-0-64198600-1386172415_thumb.png

Here is a screenshot while sitting at the corner of 1300E and 3300S this morning. This tower must still be in testing phase...or my phone is having a really hard time sticking to 4g. I only had 4g for 10-15 minutes.

I also had sensorly running, so there should be some purple showing up soon.

that's a pretty weak signal for being that close I'd assume its from another site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I just received a text from Sprint saying I may see disruption in my area as they get things turned on. Anyone else get this or had it pre date it working in your area?

yup a lot of people are reporting the same.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ft. Union had 4g from 1300E to 3000E just a few minutes ago. I did screenshot 5 different cell numbers. Since I have no chance of narrowing down which is which, I'll refrain from posting them. Unless you still want them bosox?

It's nice to see so much lit up this week.

Ft. Union had 4g from 1300E to 3000E just a few minutes ago. I did screenshot 5 different cell numbers. Since I have no chance of narrowing down which is which, I'll refrain from posting them. Unless you still want them bosox?

It's nice to see so much lit up this week.

Only if you post exact location with each cell id Id pefer screen shots of location to help me ensure accuracy. You can PM them to me or post in utah map/spreadsheet thread. Thats great to hear though reports are coming from all over today except north and south? Hopefully they start hitting those soon too!

I'm at the target on 5600 w and about 3100 s and I'm picking up LTE here. Dismal speeds but it is there.

That's close to my job and I kept roaming off and on all day! I connected to lte on Redwood Rd between 6200 & 7000 South on my way home today!

I also saw LTE on 5400 S near 4000 west at that weird turn around thing by Big Lots. 

Now I get home and I have LTE at 4200 s 2200 w. 

Looks like Sprint is in kind of a rollout blitz right now. LOL

Edited by ANIMAL7296

I just got the MSL code for my phone to enable all the bands on my Nexus 5. Are there priorities with the bands that work better than others? 

Don't do that. I understand the desire to 'make it work', but It doesn't work well with the rest of you phone settings. I personally had all of my audio players go to sh*t after I did this (Pandora, Google Play Music, built in audio player). It was definitely NOT worth the problems it caused.

Just wait until January for the SPARK upgrade to get the software update along with the added bands

I had 4GLTE in Sandy (City Center Drive by Police Station) this evening. And I got it with my LG G2 so no CSFG which is encouraging.

I also would like to see MORE of these kind of site acceptance #'s for Utah that we just got as of 12/2

• Utah - 38 updates (8 LTE)
Edited by sansom

I had 4GLTE in Sandy (City Center Drive by Police Station) this evening. And I got it with my LG G2 so no CSFG which is encouraging.

I also would like to see MORE of these kind of site acceptance #'s for Utah that we just got as of 12/2

• Utah - 38 updates (8 LTE)

Really? Without forcing LTE? I live in Sandy and I haven't been able to get any LTE from the new towers without forcing LTE. Admittedly, I was scouting the Midvale tower today, only as far south as 90th.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk