Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Lately I agree with you. After LTE showed up around N. Temple and Redwood and a few other sites it was busy in here. Now it is quiet as a church. Maybe Sprint is completing a bunch of sites and then they will flip the switch to all of them at once.

Lately I agree with you. After LTE showed up around N. Temple and Redwood and a few other sites it was busy in here. Now it is quiet as a church. Maybe Sprint is completing a bunch of sites and then they will flip the switch to all of them at once.

that would be freakin sweet :tu:

I was at best buy sandy over the weekend adding a phone to our plan and the sales guy said something I wanted to get your opinion on. He said he knew of the live towers downtown sl and tremonton and Spanish fork he said it took the other carriers 6 months to fill in the lte towers in the area when you started to hear similar news. What do you think about that news?

I was at best buy sandy over the weekend adding a phone to our plan and the sales guy said something I wanted to get your opinion on. He said he knew of the live towers downtown sl and tremonton and Spanish fork he said it took the other carriers 6 months to fill in the lte towers in the area when you started to hear similar news. What do you think about that news?

What I think is that some carriers do it differently than others, but in the case of t-mobile in the SLC market they went from zero to nearly full covered in like 2 months.  Not all towers are done but most areas have at least some coverage.  It's too bad Sprint couldn't do something similar.  Why was t-mobile able to pull that off?

What I think is that some carriers do it differently than others, but in the case of t-mobile in the SLC market they went from zero to nearly full covered in like 2 months.  Not all towers are done but most areas have at least some coverage.  It's too bad Sprint couldn't do something similar.  Why was t-mobile able to pull that off?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/?p=35684

>tmo only had to add some hardware. Sprint is replacing everything and adding fiber backhual. That is a huge difference. Yes its a slow process but by this time next year thise who stuck it out will very pleased with there service and their lower monthly bill.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

>tmo only had to add some hardware. Sprint is replacing everything and adding fiber backhual. That is a huge difference. Yes its a slow process but by this time next year thise who stuck it out will very pleased with there service and their lower monthly bill.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Did they not have to do panels and cabinets as well?  Requiring permits and all the same stuff?  I read the link from njjdnt but it didn't address my question.  I'm starting to wonder if the pace is significantly based on cost controls.

Hopefully this will answer your question...So t-mobile started putting in fiber backhaul a few years ago and getting their network ready for this kind of thing (amazing job done by the CEO and other head honchos) Then when it came time to update their towers the backhaul was installed and all they had to do was put up equipment.  As you've seen in our market once stuff started happening equipment went up very quickly on many sites within the matter of 1 month we have seen a lot of equipment go up on many sites.  Yes they had permitting to do but they didn't have extra permitting and problems with backhaul to deal with.  Sprint is struggling because they figured they didn't need backhaul when everyone else was putting it in because of WiMAX and WiMAX used microwave instead of fiber backhaul so they are playing catch-up.  Also another thing to take into consideration is some of the other carriers don't update every single tower like sprint is doing.  They do a "blanket" effect and they don't update every tower.  So updating every tower and getting permits for it and running backhaul to every single tower takes time.  hope that helps.

if i remember right illest is in w valley?

I hope they are working there. I live on the T-ville-West Valley border and my service has been total garbage since the first of last month. I have to walk out to 2200 w just to get enough signal to make a call. 

Hopefully this will answer your question...So t-mobile started putting in fiber backhaul a few years ago and getting their network ready for this kind of thing (amazing job done by the CEO and other head honchos) Then when it came time to update their towers the backhaul was installed and all they had to do was put up equipment.  As you've seen in our market once stuff started happening equipment went up very quickly on many sites within the matter of 1 month we have seen a lot of equipment go up on many sites.  Yes they had permitting to do but they didn't have extra permitting and problems with backhaul to deal with.  Sprint is struggling because they figured they didn't need backhaul when everyone else was putting it in because of WiMAX and WiMAX used microwave instead of fiber backhaul so they are playing catch-up.  Also another thing to take into consideration is some of the other carriers don't update every single tower like sprint is doing.  They do a "blanket" effect and they don't update every tower.  So updating every tower and getting permits for it and running backhaul to every single tower takes time.  hope that helps.

thanks for the update! ive always wondered that also. damn T-Mo <_<

This is great, thank you.  I did not know that wimax used microwave as primary backhaul.  I know that the other carriers do use microwave, but usually only when local backhaul is not practical.

Would it be safe to say that if there is a tower where other carriers have already had centurylink run fiber, that sprint could have CL splice off of that for them?  Meaning, are we more likely to see towers with other carriers on it with backhual, light up first?

i asked a sub that question today....they were doing tmobile :td:  :td:   I was so excited...was driving by the tower and saw a lift :lol:  :lol:

came back by and chatted with them...t-mo... <_<  <_<  <_<

ruined my day

anyway...they had no idea...there was back haul brought in, because this was a site that had a guy working on it a few weeks ago i chatted with....and now i saw the "disturbed" dirt running from the street to the site......

lets hope that wasnt only t-mo

i asked a sub that question today....they were doing tmobile :td:  :td:   I was so excited...was driving by the tower and saw a lift :lol:  :lol:

came back by and chatted with them...t-mo... <_<  <_<  <_<

ruined my day

anyway...they had no idea...there was back haul brought in, because this was a site that had a guy working on it a few weeks ago i chatted with....and now i saw the "disturbed" dirt running from the street to the site......

lets hope that wasnt only t-mo

Which site was this?  The one at the top of 2nd north? The one by the Smith's in Farmington?

Edited by dmplus