Jump to content

FCC auction 110 status update(s)


dkyeager
 Share

Recommended Posts

Auction 110 is for 100Mhz at 3.45GHZ of excess government spectrum and had a reserve requirement of about $15 billion to cover the costs of consolidating and moving spectrum, primarily by DOD.  Two days ago that was in doubt with only about $9.5 billion bid after numerous rounds. In a single day it appears to have exceeded that and grown to $15.5 billion.  This spectrum is in the mid range bands for 5G.

https://www.sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction110.php

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost $20 billion.  Hottest markets are in random order: 

market_number market_name price_mhz_pop
PEA008 Dallas, TX $1.382261
PEA015 Phoenix, AZ $1.258463
PEA010 Houston, TX $1.250934
PEA020 Denver, CO $1.240004
PEA009 Miami, FL $1.237690
PEA004 San Francisco, CA $1.236883
PEA002 Los Angeles, CA $1.235332

 

source: https://www.sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction110.php

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2021 at 11:12 PM, dkyeager said:

Almost $20 billion.  Hottest markets are in random order: 

market_number market_name price_mhz_pop
PEA008 Dallas, TX $1.382261
PEA015 Phoenix, AZ $1.258463
PEA010 Houston, TX $1.250934
PEA020 Denver, CO $1.240004
PEA009 Miami, FL $1.237690
PEA004 San Francisco, CA $1.236883
PEA002 Los Angeles, CA $1.235332

 

source: https://www.sashajavid.com/FCC_Auction110.php

Surprised Dallas and Houston are that expensive. Denver makes sense as it's late-clearing on C-Band.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

almost $22 billion

hottest markets:

market_number market_name price_mhz_pop
PEA369 Red Oak, IA $2.664540
PEA304 Mount Airy, NC $2.324113
PEA371 Wytheville, VA $1.957278
PEA038 Milwaukee, WI $1.676194
PEA410 Valentine, NE $1.585283
PEA100 Greenville, NC $1.519378
PEA008 Dallas, TX $1.382261
PEA349 Marion, NC $1.352162
PEA406 Anamosa, IA $1.332498
PEA015 Phoenix, AZ $1.258463
PEA010 Houston, TX $1.250934
PEA020 Denver, CO $1.240004
PEA009 Miami, FL $1.237690
PEA004 San Francisco, CA $1.236883
PEA002 Los Angeles, CA $1.235332
PEA108 Des Moines, IA $1.231065
PEA281 Muskogee, OK $1.226319
PEA267 Sheboygan, WI $1.156137
PEA007 Boston, MA $1.140213
PEA011 Atlanta, GA $1.138702
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That list is hysterical to me.   Places like Mount Airy & Marion NC or Wytheville VA (have been in all three, 2 within the last 3 months even) make no sense juxtaposed against the likes of Atlanta/Boston/San Fran/etc, but that they're actually commanding higher comparatively even as well...? 😲

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

That list is hysterical to me.   Places like Mount Airy & Marion NC or Wytheville VA (have been in all three, 2 within the last 3 months even) make no sense juxtaposed against the likes of Atlanta/Boston/San Fran/etc, but that they're actually commanding higher comparatively even as well...? 😲

Just curious, could some squatters be hoarding some licenses in those areas creating a shortage of usable space?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2021 at 12:30 PM, iansltx said:

Surprised Dallas and Houston are that expensive. Denver makes sense as it's late-clearing on C-Band.

The two largest markets in one of the fastest growing states in the nation. While Austin was the largest growing market in the state percentage wise,  Houston and Dallas grew way more in raw numbers. (Or at least that's what I remember reading from the last decade...i don't have the numbers in front of me).

It makes sense that wireless carriers are buying based on future projections of population growth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IrwinshereAgain said:

Just curious, could some squatters be hoarding some licenses in those areas creating a shortage of usable space?

It could be a local ISP/WISP that helped drive those numbers up. Remember, those numbers are by Price Per MHz-POP.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...