Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G

Placed my pre-order on this monster. I got an awesome deal!

Got $650 for my Galaxy S20 Ultra

$100 pre-order discount/bundle

$100 student discount

https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-z-fold2-5g/

Joshua Vergara does a good job of showcases some of its features..

• Like 1
13 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

$100 student discount

It is one of the first devices with Wi-Fi 6E (extended), which has the traditional 2.4 and 5Ghz along with the massive 6Ghz spectrum.

• Like 2
On 9/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, nexgencpu said:

$100 student discount

This sure looks leap years ahead better than my LG V60 Dual Screen!  :cool:

Robert

• Like 1
10 hours ago, S4GRU said:

This sure looks leap years ahead better than my LG V60 Dual Screen!  :cool:

Robert

looks nice for sure. I will be waiting to see if the folding causes a problem.  Will something break when you fold it many times a day.  How durable is it going to be?   If it does stand up to years of heavy use, then it just might be a big seller.

• Like 1

Finally got the fold in hand, and it's just phenomenal as I'd imagined. It truly is "next generation" 

Btw, the radio performance on Sprint/TMobile has been quite good, beating out my GS20U+

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Visited a Sprint-converted-to-Tmobile store last  week because my GNote 20 5G suddenly had a small cluster of stuck pixels that wouldn't go away (tried 3 apps that ran "tests" and made it flicker like crazy)..so they replaced my screen - and battery.  Something didn't get plugged back in, or came loose...now I can literally watch the SCP app bounce from B25, B26, B41 back to B25...all within 5-6 seconds. Try to make a call with 5 bars and it suddenly drops to zero bars and the call doesn't complete. Headed back to store tomorrow to see if they can fix it... But beware the "techs"...doesn't sound like they check everything like they should. I was 3 miles away last week after they replaced my screen when i realized they kept my damn stylus and I had to turn around and go back!!
    • Just got apprised by my biz rep friend that I'm now TNX eligible. I'll switch over if I'm allowed to go back. NR CA via SA would be cool.
    • Drove out to Mt. Arlington, NJ and Kenvil, NJ and was surprised by how good T-Mobile's coverage was both on the drive there and while out and about. I was on 5G what seemed like 98% of the the drive out there. I only noticed one time when it dropped down to LTE for less than a mile before picking up 5G and staying on it for the rest of the drive.  I was even more impressed by performance within both towns as speeds and coverage were similar to, if not better than Verizon in most areas I went. This includes indoors. While at a restaurant, Verizon dropped down to 1 bar of LTE and occasionally lost signal completely while my T-Mobile line bounced between 1-2 bars of LTE without ever dropping completely in the same location. Looking at Cellmapper, almost every site in the area has every Band 2/12/66/71 and n71 so T-Mobile has tons of capacity for this area.
    • Yeah, we're definitely getting LTE and 5G on 600MHz down in the depths of the building now, but it's slow and congested.  I'd much rather have LTE on PCS, even if there's no 5G on the DAS!
    • You're welcome! Curious what you hear back from the DAS people or T-Mobile about this. T-Mobile's 600 MHz via TNX has really improved my indoor coverage/speeds vs. Sprint's 800 MHz coverage.