Jump to content

Charter Introduces Spectrum Mobile


bigsnake49
 Share

Recommended Posts

Only the LG K30, Samsung S8, S8+, S9, S9+ are supported at launch and more expensive than buy-in them from Samsung for example the S9 64 GB is $619 at B&H, $719 at Samsung and $749 at Spectrum Mobile. No iPhones and no BYOD. Plans include $45 unlimited or $14/GB. Free calls and texting. You do have to be a customer of their Internet offering.

Totally underwhelming launch!

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link would be nice.  Sounds like a plant the flag effort, but I would expect it to soon expand. 

One of my relatives had issues with canceling this type of plan due to poor service and took it to the state attorney generals office to get it resolved.  Verizon and the cable company were saying the other one was responsible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bigsnake49 said:

Only the LG K30, Samsung S8, S8+, S9, S9+ are supported at launch and more expensive than buy-in them from Samsung for example the S9 64 GB is $619 at B&H, $719 at Samsung and $749 at Spectrum Mobile. No iPhones and no BYOD. Plans include $45 unlimited or $14/GB. Free calls and texting. You do have to be a customer of their Internet offering.

Totally underwhelming launch!

spectrummobile.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2018 at 4:04 PM, Scott said:

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

Same - I plan on being a Spectrum internet customer by the end of September and this would be great if they did iPhone/BYOD. I wonder if it's intentionally limited now to slow adoption. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2018 at 1:04 PM, Scott said:

If they allowed BYOD, I might switch to Spectrum Mobile when my free year with Sprint is up at the end of the month because $45 for unlimited with a single line isn't a bad deal. I guess they won't be getting my money.

 

I think Sprint is rumored to have a $70.00 plan coming up, with a $20.00 discount for BYOD.  Assuming I understand it correctly, that is $50.00 before tax for unlimited with HD video and they won't slow your speeds until you use over 50GB.  This $45.00 plan is limited to 480p and will slow you after 20 GB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mrjeff said:

I think Sprint is rumored to have a $70.00 plan coming up, with a $20.00 discount for BYOD.  Assuming I understand it correctly, that is $50.00 before tax for unlimited with HD video and they won't slow your speeds until you use over 50GB.  This $45.00 plan is limited to 480p and will slow you after 20 GB.

I just wish the BYOD discount is for current customers too. If that were the case, I could see myself switching to the new plan in a heartbeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, burnout8488 said:

Same - I plan on being a Spectrum internet customer by the end of September and this would be great if they did iPhone/BYOD. I wonder if it's intentionally limited now to slow adoption. 

During the Charter earnings call, they talked about doing an MVNO with Sprint but not not T-Mobile before launching one based on Verizon.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/charter-opens-up-mobile-spending-and-discussions-sprint

They also talked about extending their list of devices (iPhone perhaps?) and BYOD.

Edited by bigsnake49
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

I finally ported my wife's number over to Spectrum Mobile. The experience was relatively painless except for a minor glitch with respect to shipping address. 

Oh, we bought the iPhone 8+ from them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BYOD is finally here for spectrum mobile. I added another line with a 6s. I don't see BYOD on their website, I was in their store to turn in a cable modem and I asked them about it. They had just gotten their BYOD SIM cards yesterday. 6s is the oldest iPhone they will accommodate because of VOLTE.

Edited by bigsnake49
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • Let me take a look tonight. 
    • Actually, I notice it says whole clusters were skipped because of invalid TAC values.  It says "File exported for inspection."  I do have Log Sites with Missing TAC checked. Robert
    • I was able to figure this out by looking at your diagnostic reports -- you're seeing n7 because your Galaxy A32 is reporting it natively as n7.. Samsung will have to fix that on their end unfortunately. Do the engineering screens report it correctly? I have an A32 test device but I have not seen it connect to n41 (or "n7") yet. If I do, I'll try to troubleshoot and nag Samsung. EDIT: After I installed the new Android 12 update, I'm now seeing the n7 bug too -- I will reach out to Samsung. They were very responsive when I reported some related glitches with the initial A32 software.
    • I appreciate the feedback today -- another new is SCP beta rolling out right now! It should resolve the force closes that started with yesterday's beta release; I also made additional improvements that hopefully(?) will reduce ongoing issues with overall app stability.
    • I'm noticing a spike in instability while driving around testing the app today also.. more freeze-ups than crashes, but it's probably all related. Hopefully any crash reports that are collected can shed some light on it for me. I'll be looking into it later tonight.
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...