Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Last night - pretty much ZERO signal heading up Wadsworth from 108th to 120th - and same lack of signal on 120th from hwy 36 over to Sheridan.  Phone would get 0-1 bar - then recycle looking for service. Lock on 0-1 bar and cycle again - but never any 3g or usable voice. Any hopes it might be planned tower maintenance for our LTE?  or maybe 3g acceptance?  

Just FWIW, I was just on a chat with Sprint working on data connection issues and the rep said that at 4:30 MST some towers near I25 and Arapahoe would be completed.

3g network vision completed and accepted, 4glte completed and accepted or 1X800 completed and accepted?

Just FWIW, I was just on a chat with Sprint working on data connection issues and the rep said that at 4:30 MST some towers near I25 and Arapahoe would be completed.

Most chat reps don't really know what they're talking about. I would take anything you hear from them with a huge grain of salt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You guys are so inpatient, it's coming !!! If we wait a while already, what is two or three more months ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple reasons or me: First, I live in a Sprint reception black hole. Hopefully once the towers by my house go live I won't have to schedule business calls around whether or not I need to leave my house, as my Airave only functions to the end of my driveway. Second, I'm anticipating the data signal and speeds will be enough for me to fire my ISP and be able to function off a hot spot, saving me quite a bit of cash each month. Most importantly though is I've been with Sprint for ten years and it's going to be sweet seeing them finally move to the top of the food chain!

All the recent activity has gotten us stirred up. I'm having a blast!

A couple reasons or me: First, I live in a Sprint reception black hole. Hopefully once the towers by my house go live I won't have to schedule business calls around whether or not I need to leave my house, as my Airave only functions to the end of my driveway. Second, I'm anticipating the data signal and speeds will be enough for me to fire my ISP and be able to function off a hot spot, saving me quite a bit of cash each month. Most importantly though is I've been with Sprint for ten years and it's going to be sweet seeing them finally move to the top of the food chain!

All the recent activity has gotten us stirred up. I'm having a blast!

If you live in a service black hole, there's not guaranty that you'll get good LTE service.

How much data do you use at home though your wired connection? Mobile networks are not really built to be permanent ISPs for home connections. It puts unnecessary strain on the network, and will bring about the end of unlimited sooner than later. 

• Like 2

BTW, when NV equipment is installed, all three of these technologies are considered "completed."

However they may not all go live at once.

More and more I am feeling like this should be in our signatures. Everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you live in a service black hole, there's not guaranty that you'll get good LTE service.

How much data do you use at home though your wired connection? Mobile networks are not really built to be permanent ISPs for home connections. It puts unnecessary strain on the network, and will bring about the end of unlimited sooner than later. 

Oh, for sure I know it's not a guarantee. I like to remain optimistic though cause I don't intend to sell my house anytime soon.

I don't use much data through my home connection. E-mail, Facebook, and sometimes I stream music. I don't watch TV or download large files at all. Lately, I think most of my home data use has been used to loiter around here waiting for accepted site map updates. Most of my work is done offline.

Second, I'm anticipating the data signal and speeds will be enough for me to fire my ISP and be able to function off a hot spot, saving me quite a bit of cash each month.

Hotspot data is tiered and more expensive than an ISP. How will this save you money?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you already answered above. I needed to go to the next page in Tapatalk.

Hotspot data is tiered and more expensive than an ISP. How will this save you money? Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro EDIT: Nevermind, I see you already answered above. I needed to go to the next page in Tapatalk.

i see it more like a rooted phone with a hotspot hacked  :rasp:  :rasp:  :rasp:

• Like 1

Most chat reps don't really know what they're talking about. I would take anything you hear from them with a huge grain of salt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Unless they have access to a tool with more detail that what I have (and I have access to all of the network tools that anyone in customer service would need), There's no way they'd have an ETA that shows a specific time like that. We used to have projected dates for various upgrades, but lately it doesn't even have that (most likely to prevent us from promising a specific date to the customer when the dates were always supposed to be a projection at best).

The chat rep may have been looking at something else, like a trouble ticket on a specific tower. Those usually have an ETA with a time and date.

• Like 2

Unless they have access to a tool with more detail that what I have (and I have access to all of the network tools that anyone in customer service would need), There's no way they'd have an ETA that shows a specific time like that. We used to have projected dates for various upgrades, but lately it doesn't even have that (most likely to prevent us from promising a specific date to the customer when the dates were always supposed to be a projection at best).

The chat rep may have been looking at something else, like a trouble ticket on a specific tower. Those usually have an ETA with a time and date.

Yes, it looks like they were referring to a ticket.  Here is the chat transcript (and I have not seen an improvement in data connection speed here).

Maria C: I have noticed that there is a known outage in your area. We are currently in the process of planning the necessary enhancements to improve your service. That is the reason we are upgrading the tower in your area so that you could receive a best coverage and more improved service. That is the reason there is temporary impairments, causing service issues for you.The Ticket ID 2115920 I sincerely apologize sorry for the inconvenience caused to you regarding this .

Maria C: I would like to share that our technicians are already working on it . The Issue is expected to get completely resolved by 02/27/2014 05:33:39 CST

Customer: This is happening all over the Denver area

Maria C: That is right.

Customer: And it has been happening for weeks

Maria C: This issue is due to The tower is being upgraded to Network Vision. However, I will need to refresh the device and the network for you.This will remove any technical glitch .

Yes, it looks like they were referring to a ticket.  Here is the chat transcript (and I have not seen an improvement in data connection speed here).

I would say "Maria" doesn't know what she's talking about. A single tower upgrade would not cause problems "all over the Denver area" as you mention. The fact that she agreed to that ....  :rolleyes:

You'll have better luck getting straightforward answers here (I hope) 

:D

• Like 2

I agree, no question that the info is better here.  I was hoping she could figure out why I get almost no data download speed even though I show 5 bars...

Easy. The network is overloaded. The skimpy T1 lines feeding the 3G network just don't cut it anymore. That's why Sprint is trying to get fiber (or the equivalent) to every site possible.

Edit: I assume you're on 3G. This problem isn't with LTE is it?

Yes, I'm on 3G.  I was happy with my 3G speed (it wasn't crazy fast but reliable) up until the LG G2 Spark firmware update.  Now I get extremely slow if any data connection.   I used to be able to get LTE in Golden and Idaho Springs but my phone doesn't find it anymore.  A co worker who lives at 58th and Washington in Golden has the same issue.  He had great LTE speeds and now gets nothing, his phone doesn't even ring.  He's got a LG G2 as well.

Yes, I'm on 3G.  I was happy with my 3G speed (it wasn't crazy fast but reliable) up until the LG G2 Spark firmware update.  Now I get extremely slow if any data connection.   I used to be able to get LTE in Golden and Idaho Springs but my phone doesn't find it anymore.  A co worker who lives at 58th and Washington in Golden has the same issue.  He had great LTE speeds and now gets nothing, his phone doesn't even ring.  He's got a LG G2 as well.

Before you did your update your phone was recieving 1 band of 4GLte, with no problems. When you did your update, you gave your phone 2 more bands, 26 and 41, but what Sprint didn't tell you, was that we are haveing ECSFB issues in the Denver area when we go to use our Spark phones. All towers in our area have to get upgraded for us to use our new tri band phones on 4GLTE. Sprint is in the process of doing this right now. There is a thread in our group discussing it. Type ECSFB in the search engine at the top. Best wishes.

ecsfb thread

That sounds like a device issue rather than a network issue. I'm not sure what would cause that.

Have you tried setting your G2 to CDMA only (or equivalent setting, I'm not overly familiar with the G2)?

Before you did your update your phone was recieving 1 band of 4GLte, with no problems. When you did your update, you gave your phone 2 more bands, 26 and 41, but what Sprint didn't tell you, was that we are haveing ECSFB issues in the Denver area when we go to use our Spark phones. All towers in our area have to get upgraded for us to use our new tri band phones on 4GLTE. Sprint is in the process of doing this right now. There is a thread in our group discussing it. Type ECSFB in the search engine at the top. Best wishes.

ecsfb thread

CSFB was an issue for all Tri-Band devices, with or without the Spark update. The Spark update did not change the fact that the G2 is a single radio device, therefore even when connected to Band 25 LTE, it still needs CSFB to be in place. The Spark update did not introduce the CSFB problem, it was already there. It affects the N5, even though it hasn't received it's Spark update yet.

ecsfb thread

That makes sense on why the Golden and Idaho Springs 4GLTE sites no longer work, I will try switching to CDMA only mode to improve my 3G connectivity.