Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Any idea why my images disappeared?   I could see them on the webpage and through Tapatalk for a few minutes.... but now they are gone.

What is the point of the post though?  Please read the rules regarding speed test screen shots:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

:rulez:

Robert

What is the point of the post though?  Please read the rules regarding speed test screen shots:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

:rulez:

Robert

My apologies. I found it humerus that 2Mbps was 'slow' and that my Sprint peers over here and I have been pretty excited to get .2   We are all waiting for the same thing.  .2Mbps was a significant jump for us and I can only assume the jump in speed was tied to our local upgrades. The thought of 2Mbps (much less 12, 20, or the 40 we've seen) is what keeps the anticipation building. I would like to remove my previous posts if possible.

Edited by thealiasone

My apologies. I found it humerus that 2Mbps was 'slow' and that my Sprint peers over here and I have been pretty excited to get .2   We are all waiting for the same thing.  .2Mbps was a significant jump for us and I can only assume the jump in speed was tied to our local upgrades. The thought of 2Mbps (much less 12, 20, or the 40 we've seen) is what keeps the anticipation building. I would like to remove my previous posts if possible.

I did not see any comments with the speed test.  So I didn't have the background information you just provided that makes the image seem relevant.  It just appeared like a pointless slow speed test.  We don't need to remove it since we understand it now.

Robert

You live in Broomfield? Nice area. My uncle lives there, a block away from the Safeway on Miramonte and 287. I spent a few days there last August, I was able to stream CNN over 3G during the day while we were driving around. But I know there are areas with slow speeds. There are places like that in every market that doesn't have a full LTE buildout yet. It will get better :)

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393275874980.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1393275897501.jpgI think Sprint is the top one but wondering what the others are

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sprint has the most distinguishable equipment in the business. It's hard to positively identify other carriers. 

Sprint is the first tier in your first photo. 

This thread shows you exactly what the Sprint (Samsung) equipment looks like in your area: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-samsung-style/

I figured. This set up looked a little different from a tower by me cause it if has access panels I'm assuming for voice. The other tower by me just has the 4g panels with rru behind them. I think the one before Sprint is Verizon.

I figured. This set up looked a little different from a tower by me cause it if has access panels I'm assuming for voice. The other tower by me just has the 4g panels with rru behind them. I think the one before Sprint is Verizon.

Access panels for voice? I'm not sure I understand. 

I ment the smaller antennas next to the big ones on this site. The other site didn't have them

The additional antennas on a tier with Sprint NV antennas are simply the legacy network antennas. The site you just posted has the legacy antennas, as did the last picture you posted. 

Over time, the legacy antennas will be removed from all Sprint sites.

Oh I see. That's right the new antennas do both voice and data right? That would explain the tower by me that is broadcasting 4g since last summer. Well before Samsung had to change their deployment. Ok so will the legacy antennas come down before that tower goes 4g or is it something that can be done later

Oh I see. That's right the new antennas do both voice and data right? That would explain the tower by me that is broadcasting 4g since last summer. Well before Samsung had to change their deployment. Ok so will the legacy antennas come down before that tower goes 4g or is it something that can be done later

It would be pretty silly of Sprint to put up a brand new network that doesn't broadcast voice and data ... :P

The removal of legacy equipment can be done anytime after the 3G site of NV equipment has been accepted and integrated. Sometimes the lease requires it remains through the end of the lease, other times it can be removed right away. You can be certain that Sprint will power down the legacy equipment as soon as possible to save on electricity and terminating the T1 lines, however equipment removal can take much longer.

Very true. But again things happen but yeah they wouldn't set one up without the other. So you think the legacy equipment is still being used I'm this site? This site went 3g accepted a few weeks ago.

If it's 3G accepted, the legacy equipment likely isn't being used. There is a way to check for that. If you look at signal check while on eHRPD, if there is a 1 in the middle of the ID, it's NV equipment. If that doesn't make sense, post a screenshot of Signal Check while on 3G and I'll look. 

You can be certain that Sprint will power down the legacy equipment as soon as possible to save on electricity and terminating the T1 lines

Unfortunately that isn't the case in many places. Some sites have had legacy wasting away $$$ for over a year.

Unfortunately that isn't the case in many places. Some sites have had legacy wasting away $$$ for over a year.

As soon as it's 3G accepted.... which will be the first thing that happens in this market. Wasn't trying to make a blanket statement, certainly not saying anything about Ericsson markets.

Something is happening here near niwot. Keep getting kicked off the data network. Restarted my phone a few times .. Keeps falling back to 1x. Think we are really close folks. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing similar issues today in Colorado.

I also have noticed, as well with family, using iPhones.. seem to not be able to receive imessages from other iPhones using the phone number, only the email associated with the Apple ID.  I had to turn off iMessage, and re activate , than it showed I can send and receive imessages using my phone number again. 

I wonder, if this is related to NV, as the new network is being built out, the phone or apple did not recognize Sprints network, and the phone number send and receive on imessage was disabled as inactive thinking the carrier was not active any longer?

upuzerer.jpg

ume6yja2.jpgdubymanu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk