Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Wow now that's impressive. This shot was my best. I have gotten forties allot but since update on my g2 I can't connect to anything except band 25. But I know why and its all good

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Here's a band 41 test result from the nexus 5 thread, I'm pretty sure sprint is still winning the max speed contest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not true on that front. 

Verizon 20x20 mhz FDD-LTE markets have speeds up to 100 mbps dl as well and can probably reach more but they aren't provisioned higher. 

In terms of max theoretical speeds 20x20 FDD-LTE >= 20+20 TDD-LTE > 15x15 mhz FDD-LTE > 20 mhz TDD = 10x10 mhz FDD-LTE > 5 mhz FDD-LTE > 3 mhz FDD-LTE.

Sprint is only deploying, at this moment, one 20 mhz TDD-LTE carrier capable of max theoretical speeds of 90/25 but in real world is closer to ~70/20. Currently Tmobile and Verizon are the ones who can deploy greater than 10x10 FDD-LTE carriers with Sprint having the capability to match 10x10 with 20 mhz TDD carriers. ATT is the only stuck in a precarious situation with not enough contiguous spectrum to deploy greater than 10x10 so they will be at the bottom in terms of speeds once all 4 carriers are built out. 

Here's a band 41 test result from the nexus 5 thread, I'm pretty sure sprint is still winning the max speed contest.

It's that here in Denver?, that's a really nice speed, but like s4gru said not to many people is using that band. Anyways that's a great speeds, hope the galaxy s5 is gonna be a Triband phone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not true on that front.

Verizon 20x20 mhz FDD-LTE markets have speeds up to 100 mbps dl as well and can probably reach more but they aren't provisioned higher.

In terms of max theoretical speeds 20x20 FDD-LTE >= 20+20 TDD-LTE > 15x15 mhz FDD-LTE > 20 mhz TDD = 10x10 mhz FDD-LTE > 5 mhz FDD-LTE > 3 mhz FDD-LTE.

Sprint is only deploying, at this moment, one 20 mhz TDD-LTE carrier capable of max theoretical speeds of 90/25 but in real world is closer to ~70/20. Currently Tmobile and Verizon are the ones who can deploy greater than 10x10 FDD-LTE carriers with Sprint having the capability to match 10x10 with 20 mhz TDD carriers. ATT is the only stuck in a precarious situation with not enough contiguous spectrum to deploy greater than 10x10 so they will be at the bottom in terms of speeds once all 4 carriers are built out.

Ewh, well thanks for clearing that up. I have never seen/heard of one of them reaching higher speeds than 50mbs. Oh well they can keep their title while I laugh at the data capped plans/crappy rural coverage. Switching from the blue carrier to yellow was the best mobile related decision I've made(other than getting the n5), I use more per month on Pandora now than my 2gb data plan from the blue carrier...

It's that here in Denver?, that's a really nice speed, but like s4gru said not to many people is using that band. Anyways that's a great speeds, hope the galaxy s5 is gonna be a Triband phone

All phones on sprint from 2014 onward should be triband.

Ewh, well thanks for clearing that up. I have never seen/heard of one of them reaching higher speeds than 50mbs. Oh well they can keep their title while I laugh at the data capped plans/crappy rural coverage. Switching from the blue carrier to yellow was the best mobile related decision I've made(other than getting the n5), I use more per month on Pandora now than my 2gb data plan from the blue carrier...

That's what I'm here I use around 10 gigs a month.... And that will be a expensive bill with Verizon or att

That's what I'm here I use around 10 gigs a month.... And that will be a expensive bill with Verizon or att

I think I hit 7 for January and I'm at 5.5 right now for February. This is me being on 3g 95% of the time(25-50kbs speeds during peak times, 50-100 from 10pm-4am). When the LTE hammer finally hits my home it'll probably be up around 30-40gigs a month. I use my phone for every minor internet task(no tablet here so its convenient for me).

• Like 1

My Verizon 15MHz Band 4 speeds here in South Dakota are usually 30-40Mbps. VZW speeds above 50Mbps are not common. Even in 15-20MHz markets. They desperately needed Band 4 here. Our Band 13 speeds were between 500kbps and 2Mbps. Now with a second band, they have increased to 2-6Mbps again.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Notice no one has answered you. So I'll try. If we get Spark, and all signs on this site lead to that, I here that our competitors are getting 10 to 20 Mbps download speads. With Spark, in the early stages, we should get minimum  10 but up to 50 Mbps download. We are going to kick aaaaaa, until the Denver clientelle, wants to jump back on the wagon. We have lost thousands of Sprint clients in the last few months because of lack of 4g lte. All of us should have blazing speeds, as Robert wrote in this thead, yesterday or the day before. I am now open for rebuttle and my lack of knowledge...... Santa

Thanks Santa

it this a verizon phone on sprint network ? It seems that sprint is deploying more of 2500 mhz lte. I was geting lte on my lg g2 on d line light rail and in downtown in places where my lg g was not geting any lte.

I don't have Sprint service. Sprint devices will not work on Verizon LTE. Sprint is deploying LTE on 800MHz, 1900MHz and 2600MHz in Denver.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I asumed that iphone comes with number of difrent bands and you have it running on sprint lte. You right it is 2600, i dont understand logic behind sprint deployment starting with frequencies that is not supported by most lte phones. Is sprint deploying diffrent towers with diffrent frequencies.

I asumed that iphone comes with number of difrent bands and you have it running on sprint lte. You right it is 2600, i dont understand logic behind sprint deployment starting with frequencies that is not supported by most lte phones. Is sprint deploying diffrent towers with diffrent frequencies.

Since none of the big four carriers roam on anyone's LTE networks, why does it matter?  The iPhone 5 only works on B25 (1900) on the Sprint network.  The iPhone 5s/5c only work on B25 and B26 (800).  So far, no iPhone U.S. model supports B41 (2600).

Robert

The picture I uploaded yesterday was from a Verizon iPhone using Verizon lte I doubt there's a way to make it work on the sprint network

Notice no one has answered you. So I'll try. If we get Spark, and all signs on this site lead to that, I here that our competitors are getting 10 to 20 Mbps download speads. With Spark, in the early stages, we should get minimum  10 but up to 50 Mbps download. We are going to kick aaaaaa, until the Denver clientelle, wants to jump back on the wagon. We have lost thousands of Sprint clients in the last few months because of lack of 4g lte. All of us should have blazing speeds, as Robert wrote in this thead, yesterday or the day before. I am now open for rebuttle and my lack of knowledge...... Santa

Coverage is going to be a slightly more interesting question. As all these new antenna's have gone up the crews have not really been held accountable for their lackluster work. Some antennas are pointed incorrectly and this will cause gaps. As we begin to do the permanent maintenance hand-off from Samsung to Ericsson the Ericsson techs are going to be ripping them apart and making sure everything is correct. This takes about 2-3 hours per site, per tech. Look for roughly 6-10 sites to be walked through per day once they get rolling (in about 4-5 months). This puts full stable completion of the phase 1 NV at the end-ish of 2014.

Not true on that front. 

ATT/Verizon/Tmo have all maxed out their switch/network capacity by retrofitting their networks. They will not be able to sustain any more increase in bandwidth. This is the joy of the Network Vision project. That fancy new backbone they put in is specifically designed to maintain the unlimited plans for the foreseeable future, it does not matter to sprint how much you use, you wont be able to ever stress it for 10-15 years.

• Like 1

Coverage is going to be a slightly more interesting question. As all these new antenna's have gone up the crews have not really been held accountable for their lackluster work. Some antennas are pointed incorrectly and this will cause gaps. As we begin to do the permanent maintenance hand-off from Samsung to Ericsson the Ericsson techs are going to be ripping them apart and making sure everything is correct. This takes about 2-3 hours per site, per tech. Look for roughly 6-10 sites to be walked through per day once they get rolling (in about 4-5 months). This puts full stable completion of the phase 1 NV at the end-ish of 2014.

Merlin, am I to summize "this puts full stable completion of the phase 1 nv at the endish of 2014" means we probably won't see 4GLte started here until the end of the year? Or are you saying that after it's started, it probably will have holes in coverage, and these probably won't be fixed on all sites until the end of the year? Merci Beucoup!

Merlin, am I to summize "this puts full stable completion of the phase 1 nv at the endish of 2014" means we probably won't see 4GLte started here until the end of the year? Or are you saying that after it's started, it probably will have holes in coverage, and these probably won't be fixed on all sites until the end of the year? Merci Beucoup!

The latter.

The holes will not be terribly frequent, but we wont know they exist until the legacy network is completely shut down.

• Like 1

I bet that's a scary thought for you and all of the Sprint engineers and workers... Thanks

Indeed. 

These antennas are extremely directional and do not deviate from their path. A 1-2 degree misalignment can easily end up missing an entire neighborhood. Once a cluster goes live we send out several trucks to the area to map out the signal strength so it won't be Swiss cheese, but it certainly wont be optimized.