Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Yeah, that was me on my way to work yesterday. For the past few weeks I've put my phone in LTE mode whenever I head out just to see what happens. I leave all three bands on with their default priorities. Until yesterday, there was no signal and I make the trip daily. Then all of the sudden I had service from 6th ave down Santa Fe. Was running speed tests while stuck in the daily traffic jam. Also, Sheridan from I-70 north to 88th yesterday and today, I got some decent results as well.

I just got my MSL from Sprint on my Galaxy Mega. Will force Lte only, and run speed tests from Hamden and Wadsworth to Parker and 225 tonight. This should be fun!

• Like 2

I just got my MSL from Sprint on my Galaxy Mega. Will force Lte only, and run speed tests from Hamden and Wadsworth to Parker and 225 tonight. This should be fun!

Yeah, that was me on my way to work yesterday. For the past few weeks I've put my phone in LTE mode whenever I head out just to see what happens. I leave all three bands on with their default priorities. Until yesterday, there was no signal and I make the trip daily. Then all of the sudden I had service from 6th ave down Santa Fe. Was running speed tests while stuck in the daily traffic jam. Also, Sheridan from I-70 north to 88th yesterday and today, I got some decent results as well.

I'm curious what band you're picking up. If you can, please let us know   :D .  Also, let us know when you get LTE w/o forcing it. 

I went to limon Colorado last night and had no service at all my friend told me that Verizon blocks the signal is that true?? is limon ever going to get service with sprint or not?

Verizon blocks signal? No. Not even.... that's illegal. It's not happening. How people come up with these things... I don't know.

That said, Sprint does not have native service in Limon. The stretch of I-70 between Salina, KS and the east side of Denver, CO has no native Sprint service. However, devices should roam on NexTech wireless in these areas. 

Unconfirmed, but I have heard that there are several long range verizon sites along I-70 and that for a long time Verizon has paid extra to the tower owners to maintain exclusive rights. Seeing as those towers need to be other forms of radio communication for them to be viable financially, it could be true. 

It could also be that there are about 47 people total that live out there and all the other carriers are okay with Verizon dominating the rural market.

Unconfirmed, but I have heard that there are several long range verizon sites along I-70 and that for a long time Verizon has paid extra to the tower owners to maintain exclusive rights. Seeing as those towers need to be other forms of radio communication for them to be viable financially, it could be true. 

It could also be that there are about 47 people total that live out there and all the other carriers are okay with Verizon dominating the rural market.

They may exclusive rights to towers (if that's possible), but that doesn't mean they can block signals. I know that NexTech has very good service in the area, so there's at least one competitor to Verizon in the area.

They may exclusive rights to towers (if that's possible), but that doesn't mean they can block signals. I know that NexTech has very good service in the area, so there's at least one competitor to Verizon in the area.

Correct, they cannot block signals. It also looks like NexTech shares towers with verizon in some areas.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392775214302.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392775229575.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392775245335.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392775261435.jpg

The last two in the list were taken from my desk at 17th and Broadway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you think you are happy, check sensorly for speed tests tomorrow morning. I mapped my drive home from Hamden and wadsworth in Littleton to Parker and 225. I ran multiple sensorly speed tests: I got as high as 50 Mbps on my drive home. I had multiple Spark readings in the30's 40's and a few 50ish. Spark from Wadsworth to Sheridan. Small activity around Cinderella City. Then we crank things up at I25 and Hamden through Tamerac Square. It should all show up on Sensorly in the am. I'll post some shots on our site here for my new best friends in the morning!!! Santa

• Like 2

On Sprint Spark, average speeds will likely run in the 20-30Mbps, with peak speeds around 70Mbps.

:drool: Aye Carumba :drool:

Now....., if you will all excuse me..., I have to change my wetted pants!

We leave the climbing to the plebs. Their training is basically "don't die, don't hurt yourself, bolt goes here, cable goes here, and..., if you fall from the ladder - you're fired before you hit the ground!!" 

FTFY!

• Like 2

I'm curious what band you're picking up. If you can, please let us know   :D .  Also, let us know when you get LTE w/o forcing it.

I can't say with 100% certainty which band(s) I was picking up. However, I can tell you that I have 2 lg g2 phones (personal and business), plus an ipad. I forced one g2 into LTE and left the other in its normal state. My ipad and normal state g2 never picked up LTE. I toggled airplane mode on the ipad several times as well. So that, along with some of the speeds reaching over 40 mbps several times, I'd guess mostly band 41. Also take into account the speed tests were Sensorly which aren't the most accurate.

It'll probably be obvious when there is no longer a need to force LTE.

• Like 1

uploadfromtaptalk1392775214302.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392775229575.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392775245335.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1392775261435.jpg

The last two in the list were taken from my desk at 17th and Broadway.

Very cool. Those are good speeds for a signal that low. If only we could get CSFB in place... Then you wouldn't have to force LTE to enjoy those speeds!

• Like 1