Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

That's not grounds for a class action lawsuit.  Your network upgrades will LARGELY be complete within the time period it said.  It did not say wall to wall LTE.  It did not even say LTE at all.  Also, you waived your right to a class action lawsuit when you signed your contract with Sprint.

Robert

LARGELY complete does not mean just a few isolated spots over a mile from my house and I see no indication that this will change in the next 2 weeks.  The text encouraged us to upgrade to 4g phones, advertising 10x data speeds, so this does imply we should be able to use them within a month.  Also, I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure a coorporation cannot make you sign away your rights when you use their product.

I have given Sprint the benefit of the doubt for the past year which is why I am still with them, but if they are advertising a mostly completed network with 4G in the next month, they better deliver.

Edited by davem2020

LARGELY complete does not mean just a few isolated spots over a mile from my house and I see no indication that this will change in the next 2 weeks. The text encouraged us to upgrade to 4g phones and linked to a page with them for sale, so this does imply we should be able to use them within a month. Also, I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure a coorporation cannot make you sign away your rights when you use their product.

I have given Sprint the benefit of the doubt for the past year which is why I am still with them, but if they are advertising a mostly completed network with 4G in the next month, they better deliver.

It's sad that you don't even know what you signed, yet you're willing to argue about it. Sprint didn't make you sign anything, you walked into their store and asked for contracted service. You are only entitled to what you agreed in the contract regardless of what Sprint says in a text after the fact.

The network build out will be pretty much complete in your area, as Sprint said. But LTE will not. And the text didn't say it would. You are reading too much into it.

If you're going to threaten Sprint, find another place to do it. We aren't going to host your ignorant threats.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

The network build out will be pretty much complete in your area, as Sprint said. But LTE will not.

What did he mean by this then?

I know it's hard to understand tone on the Internet. I'm not trying to be difficult. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

What did he mean by this then?

I know it's hard to understand tone on the Internet. I'm not trying to be difficult. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If you consider the number of sites that have had NV equipment installed, the build out is nearly complete. However, as Merlin said, every last site has to be installed and integrated before they can fire up the clusters.

So it is largely complete, but not complete. 

Now, it's possible they start firing things up before the end of the month, but I wouldn't count on it. 

• Like 1

Let's see a Signal Check screenshot, and your location.

I suppose it's possible they have it powered down, but not likely. If you are getting a weaker 1x signal on 800 than you were on PCS, it's almost always because you're connecting to a site further away.

uploadfromtaptalk1392213896763.jpg here is screen shot from work after a prl update

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Lurking, Waiting, I went by a set of towers at Bandimere in Littleton yesterday. There were 2 techs just getting ready to hoist themselves to the the towers. Was that you??? Everytime I see someone working on a cell tower, I think of you! Santa....

They will not launch Spark service in Denver until all the NV 3G upgrades are nearing completion and CSFB operational.  Currently Triband smartphones will not stay connected to Spark sites because there is very little CSFB deployed around Denver.  Only hotspots and Triband phones in LTE Only mode are able to connect to the ~100 Spark sites in the Colorado market.

Robert

Am I missing something, or is that assertion inconsistent with what I posted a couple pages ago?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-87&do=findComment&comment=280428

Solid, working 4G LTE with eHRPD from my Triband phone in Golden, CO.  

Is that the only place it's working? 

Edited by Daemon42
  • Like 1

Am I missing something, or is that assertion inconsistent with what I posted a couple pages ago?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2172-network-visionlte-colorado-market-denvercolo-springsfort-collinspueblogrand-jct/page-87&do=findComment&comment=280428

Yes, it's one of the few places where the surrounding sites are 3G upgraded with CSFB in place. 

• Like 1

You might be connected to 4g but not to band 41

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So in that context, it isn't considered a "Spark site" unless it includes connectivity to band 41? 

Just trying to get the nomenclature clear.  

Technically, Spark is a reference to Band 41 and the speeds associated with it. However, Sprint is calling their whole network Spark. It's a little confusing, and a bit misleading. 

But yes, we only consider Band 41 to be Spark sites. 

I guess a couple of us are confused.  So we are waiting for all the towers in Denver to have the NV upgrade, that will move them to the updated version of Sprints network.  This doesn't mean 4G LTE is going to happen, just 3G on the NV Network.  Then we have to wait for the 4G LTE to roll out.  Meanwhile , those with Tri Band phones, get to play around with the "Spark" Network on some of the towers that have been upgraded to NV but not 4G LTE.  So Sprint is already rolling out another network while working on the second "4G" Network?  I didn't even get WIMAX in my neighborhood, do I have any hope for any of the new networks?  

I guess a couple of us are confused.  So we are waiting for all the towers in Denver to have the NV upgrade, that will move them to the updated version of Sprints network.  This doesn't mean 4G LTE is going to happen, just 3G on the NV Network.  Then we have to wait for the 4G LTE to roll out.  Meanwhile , those with Tri Band phones, get to play around with the "Spark" Network on some of the towers that have been upgraded to NV but not 4G LTE.  So Sprint is already rolling out another network while working on the second "4G" Network?  I didn't even get WIMAX in my neighborhood, do I have any hope for any of the new networks?  

If you check out the NV Sites map, hopefully it will make more sense.

We are waiting for the clusters around Denver to be complete so they can fire them up. Once they bring the 3G side of things online, they can rapidly bring up LTE. If you look at Colorado Springs, it should progress similarly (though a lot more sites and a lot more work). 

There was one day when pretty much all the sites in the Springs were accepted and 3G was brought online. This allowed CSFB to be put in place, meaning that Tri-Band devices would be able to use LTE. Then, over the next several days, LTE was activated site by site until every one that had appropriate backhaul had LTE live. That covered most of the city.

Now, obviously Denver has a lot more sites, which is part of the reason it's taken longer.

And yes, they are currently working on TD-LTE, or Band 41 LTE in Denver, which is on Clear network sites. That upgrade has progressed pretty well, and if CSFB was in place, Tri-Band devices would be able to use it. It will have roughly the same footprint as WiMax for the time being.

But you don't need to worry about not getting LTE. Sprint is working to upgrade the whole network. When the clusters are fired up and 3G is activated, that means that LTE equipment is also in place. As long as appropriate backhaul has been brought in (Fiber, microwave, etc.) by the local ISP, LTE will be fired up within a couple of days.

• Like 4

No one is saying that. 

I might say that, I might not. But it wouldn't be wrong.

Hey Lurking, Waiting, I went by a set of towers at Bandimere in Littleton yesterday. There were 2 techs just getting ready to hoist themselves to the the towers. Was that you??? Everytime I see someone working on a cell tower, I think of you! Santa....

No, climbing towers is not in my job description, nor any ericsson, sprint, or samsung tech. We leave the climbing to the plebs. Their training is basically "don't die, don't hurt yourself, bolt goes here, cable goes here" 

• Like 2