Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I'm predicting that by the time the Broncos make their first pick int he 2014 draft, I will have LTE here at the office in Glendale.

Matter of fact, by opening day at Coors I bet LTE becomes a common occurrence in downtown. 

Who wants in on this action?

• Like 1

I'm predicting that by the time the Broncos make their first pick int he 2014 draft, I will have LTE here at the office in Glendale.

Matter of fact, by opening day at Coors I bet LTE becomes a common occurrence in downtown. 

Who wants in on this action?

I think so, and I can't wait to be there around opening day Coors Field, with LTE.  

At work (303 17th Building) I've been getting an increasing number of "Wireless Data Connection" errors (MIP: 104)

Squished between two Sensorly LTE blips.

Also randomly on my walk home down the 16th Street Mall.

First time poster here, I've been patiently waiting for this rollout in Denver and this forum has been extremely helpful. I would like to thank each and every contributor for their time and effort in informing everyone of what's going on. I've been waiting to upgrade my phone for months now, my galaxy s2 that I have had since the paleolithic era is on its last leg. The only reason I've kept it is for wimax which has been a life saver due to the weak 3g signals I get. Well now that LTE is around the corner, it's time to buy a new phone. My questions is whether or not I should get a tri-band phone. If Denver doesn't get spark in the next 2 years I can wait until then, if they are expected to get it sometime soon I would be willing to only look at the few phones that provide tri band. Does anyone have the faintest idea of when Denver should be getting spark?

First time poster here, I've been patiently waiting for this rollout in Denver and this forum has been extremely helpful. I would like to thank each and every contributor for their time and effort in informing everyone of what's going on. I've been waiting to upgrade my phone for months now, my galaxy s2 that I have had since the paleolithic era is on its last leg. The only reason I've kept it is for wimax which has been a life saver due to the weak 3g signals I get. Well now that LTE is around the corner, it's time to buy a new phone. My questions is whether or not I should get a tri-band phone. If Denver doesn't get spark in the next 2 years I can wait until then, if they are expected to get it sometime soon I would be willing to only look at the few phones that provide tri band. Does anyone have the faintest idea of when Denver should be getting spark?

Yes, get a tri-band. Robert sighted Band 41 LTE in the area last summer, and it will only get stronger. Band 25 is getting denser almost daily. Consider donating to the Sponsor or Premier levels, where there is a large amount of information on the Denver market.

• Like 1

Denver has "Spark" now! It was one of the first cities to have widespread TD-LTE. The only reason it's not on the maps is because PCS LTE is not rolled out yet. That should happen in the next couple months. Hints keep getting dropped about early March ....

800 LTE should be online with or soon after 1900 LTE come online, so you'll have all three bands ready for you here pretty quickly.

I have an lg g2. i love it. I have done some some speed test with band 41 up in north denver around 35 to 50mps. thats spark fyi.

Awesome! Thanks guys, I thought I read that Denver is spark ready but I was struggling to find where I saw that. Now to decide which tri band phone to get. I want a "smaller" phone so the s4 or Nexus 5 will probably be my next phone. Any suggestions? Any Tri bands that are expected to be released soon that I should hold out for?

Edited by kdw9988

Awesome! Thanks guys, I thought I read that Denver is spark ready but I was struggling to find where I saw that. Now to decide which tri band phone to get. I want a "smaller" phone so the s4 mini or Nexus 5 will probably be my next phone. Any suggestions? Any Tri bands that are expected to be released soon that I should hold out for?

N5 over the S4 mini for sure. I would almost save your upgrade and just buy the N5 outright from Google. It's a better deal.

(though don't sit on it too long, there are rumours about upgrades going away. I can't confirm any of that thought. Still up in the air)

• Like 1

If they would put an SD slot in Nexus phones I'd be all over that. Without it, I'll probably move on to the S5, especitally if they come out with one with a metal body.

Ahh who needs an SD card any more. Especially with 32GB of internal storage and all the cloud options.

• Like 2

Ahh who needs an SD card any more. Especially with 32GB of internal storage and all the cloud options.

Those of us who spend a lot of time unable to connect to networks (think many miles in the sky, or in foreign countries) and need offline storage of maps, charts, documents, etc. No SD card slot and "only" 32GB doesn't fly for me. I might go for a Nexus with 64GB internal, but nothing less. 

Those of us who spend a lot of time unable to connect to networks (think many miles in the sky, or in foreign countries) and need offline storage of maps, charts, documents, etc. No SD card slot and "only" 32GB doesn't fly for me. I might go for a Nexus with 64GB internal, but nothing less. 

Ok. Special case. :P

• Like 1

Eh, my first PC had a whopping 1 GB hard drive.  I did not "need" more storage, and I somehow survived.

AJ

Eh, my first PC had a whopping 1 GB hard drive. I did not "need" more storage, and I somehow survived.

AJ

Your first PC had that much? I remember my dad's first Tandy computer had a 5.25" disk drive. Massive storage on that PC for the game 'Tapper'.

Your first PC had that much? I remember my dad's first Tandy computer had a 5.25" disk drive. Massive storage on that PC for the game 'Tapper'.

That was my first PC.  My first Mac had no hard drive.  It relied solely on RAM and floppy disks.

AJ

Congrats??

I just think people are spoiled in claiming that they "need" ridiculous amounts of data storage on their handsets.  Most of those just want to haul around their digital entertainment libraries.  Ooh, that is important.

AJ

I just think people are spoiled in claiming that they "need" ridiculous amounts of data storage on their handsets.  Most of those just want to haul around their digital entertainment libraries.  Ooh, that is important.

AJ

Obviously most of us don't "need" to carry around lots of data on our phones, just like we don't "need" 30 meg download speeds, 5" screens (or even color for that matter). But for those of us who work on the road a lot it's nice to be able to keep our big music libraries, a few movies and lots of photos and docs in the phone. Right now I have a 64GB microSD card on my phone with about 40GB used. I also like the utility of being able to take the card out and plug it into a computer for fast data backup. Way faster than OTA or through a data cable.

Did you even read my post that you originally quoted? I "need" it for work related items. No mention of anything entertainment related. The full US library of aeronautical charts (not even including the airport diagrams and approach plates) takes up close to 8GB of space. Another few for maps of countries and cities I routinely visit while working, add in some pictures and videos that are not immediately uploaded to the cloud because I am in a foreign country with no access to a mobile network and limited access to Wi-Fi and there you go, no more space. Never mind maybe, just maybe wanting to have something available to watch when it's crap weather outside and the stellar hotel wi-fi isn't cutting it. But I guess I'm a bad person for "needing" all that, huh?

Did you even read my post that you originally quoted? I "need" it for work related items.

Did I ever point a finger at you specifically?  I think that you are being a bit touchy.  If "[m]ost of those just want to haul around their digital entertainment libraries" does not apply to you, then please do not take offense.  But I do think that my greater point holds.  We are becoming a society of slaves to stored (or streamed) digital entertainment.

AJ