iPhone 3/4 Activation

mnjeepmale

So my elder father is looking to upgrade from his flip phone to a iPhone. He was, suggested from family to get an iPhone 3 or 4. Mind you he barely knows how to use a computer. I'm willing to buy a used iPhone but I'm a Android person so know nothing about iPhones.

Can you activate any older iPhone on Sprint or suggestions on what to look for in a iPhone that can be activated on Sprint?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So my elder father is looking to upgrade from his flip phone to a iPhone. He was, suggested from family to get an iPhone 3 or 4. Mind you he barely knows how to use a computer. I'm willing to buy a used iPhone but I'm a Android person so know nothing about iPhones.

Can you activate any older iPhone on Sprint or suggestions on what to look for in a iPhone that can be activated on Sprint?

Why a 3 or 4? We got my mom a used iPhone 6s because of the larger screen. Didn't do the plus though, too big for her to want to carry around. 

Why a 3 or 4? We got my mom a used iPhone 6s because of the larger screen. Didn't to the plus though, too big for her to want to carry around.

Because I don't want to spend over $200 on a phone.

Is mobile data a priority? Anything under a 5 won't have LTE. And then it's B25 only. 5c (maybe SE?) had B26.

iPhone 6 starts at $185 on swappa.

https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-6-sprint

No it isn't. He doesn't know what 3G or 4G is. That's not bad price. Can that be activated on Sprint

No it isn't. He doesn't know what 3G or 4G is. That's not bad price. Can that be activated on Sprint

Then I would just recommend an iPhone 5

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Anything from the CDMA iPhone 4 and newer can be activated on Sprint. iPhone 4 (CDMA), iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 (and Plus), iPhone 6S (and Plus), iPhone 7 (and Plus), and iPhone SE. Any of those devices should work fine.

-Anthony

I'm willing to buy a used iPhone but I'm a Android person so know nothing about iPhones.

I did this for my father about a year ago (iPhone se) . As soon as I left thier house, he had problems with the phone and being an android guy myself... I couldn't troubleshoot or navigate the menus over the phone.

He ended up taking the phone back and getting a Samsung J3, set it to easy mode, and he's fine. Plus I can help navigate menus with him if needed.

That was my experience.

Those new moto e4 phones are cheap with a smaller screen size than most Android phones today too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

iPhone 3G and 3G S are UMTS/GSM devices.  They aren't compatible with Sprint in any way.  Remember that the iPhone 4 has a CDMA and a GSM/UMTS variant.  All iPhone 4 S models sold in the US are identical in all ways other than color.

if it is only for phone capabilities, then go for the older model but if there are issues with vision, look for a 6 plus.  The larger screen will help.

Experiencing things with my father, he went from a flip phone to an Android about three years ago but at that time he only wanted to check the weather (for fishing) and make calls.  When he realized he could do so many other things with the phone, he is burning through data quickly.  He hardly uses his home computer anymore.  It is amazing to see how quickly they adapt to a smartphone.

One other thing with any phone you obtain and if it is available, make sure they are connected to wifi.  it will help in the long run.

I got my hands on a iphone 4 and he didn't like the small screen.

So looking at iphone 6. 

http://www.microcenter.com/product/478789/iPhone_6_Unlocked_Smartphone_(Refurbished)

Would that one work on Sprint? Shows GSM bands.

Don't think so.

Try this site: https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-6s-sprint

That's for 6s. 

Here's the link for the Sprint iPhone 6: https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-6-sprint