Paranormal and Supernatural Technological Mysteries thread

Arysyn

I really had to think about whether or not I should post this thread here on S4GRU, figuring this might be viewed as an inappropriate topic here on S4GRU. However, I believe I have a valid reason for writing this, since the purpose is not simply to ask if people here believe in these controversial topics or not (though everyone is welcome to state that opinion on here nonetheless), but rather as I have a pertainent question relating to technology, which I thought would be interesting to ask, but it does involve some sort of belief in these topics.

I am not really a believer in the paranormal (except certain UFO possibilities I'll explain later in this post), but I do believe some supernatural abilities may exist, though I'm not interested in it very much, other than hearing about it occasionally. The other day, I was watching some old episodes from one of my favorite television shows aired in the past, "Unsolved Mysteries", which a story was featured regarding several UFO sightings in Belgium, with the Belgium Air Force actively participating in public investigations with the show. Of course, this was several years ago, but its curious what would happen nowadays, when these kind of events are becoming more rarely reported as technology advances.

For instance, while I don't believe in ghosts and am skeptical of there being the existence of aliens, let alone the idea of aliens even having any interests of people and things here on Earth, especially considering they're suppose to be very advanced and way ahead of anything they could find even remotely interesting here. Yet, I do believe in UFOs as a possibility of being either governmental aircraft, or being a rare, mysterious form of phenomena, as some people have reported (including Belgium Air Force officials), these "sights" changing appearance and shape within seconds and vanishing within seconds. Either one of these possibilities holds some validity in my opinion, and I think it would be good if this were to be investigated not as science fiction having to do with aliens, but in terms of what supposedly actually happened and what could possibly cause such events from a technological standpoint.

If in fact, this is all weather-related phenomena with lights and shapes causing disturbances in peoples' vision, then while I'm unsure what good it would do for technology, but surely there is something valuable to be learned by its study, discounting of course the science fiction elements to it. I've heard stories on other Unsolved Mysteries programs and the like, reporting on radioactivity of these events being reported. The program I saw the other day mentioned in the Belgium event, the Belgium Air Force noted how the UFO/weather pattern appeared in their radar one moment and then went way out of range within seconds, faster than the speed of sound, etc.

Anything causing this can be considered. What I am interested in though, is the technology behind how this happens, how this could be used possibly to advance data and telecommunications. I'll stop there though, as some of this could lead into my frustrations with the social/political issues of the world. Again, I'm not using this thread to promote the science fiction element, though I realize that is commonly tied-in with what I view as the more important part to all of this, technology. My hope is for society to get beyond the fiction and stick to the science of it, granted if its shown by scientific evidence that something did indeed happen in these reports and that the people reporting on these events are telling the truth.

I really had to think about whether or not I should post this thread here on S4GRU, figuring this might be viewed as an inappropriate topic here on S4GRU

YES, Inappropriate waste of bandwidth on S4GRU.

• Like 7

Not really.

S4GRU gets alot of bandwidth from Invision Power Board's cloud hosting service, much more than this site probably will ever really need, unless of course Sprint continued to do major network deployment and densification immediately after Network Vision, meaning Softbank hadn't purchased Sprint, Dan Hesse stayed on as the CEO of Sprint, etc., which would have helped keep a very strong interest in Sprint's constant expansion, and so on. However, when money became tight/Masa deciding to wait on spending for the Sprint merger, there was less interest in people posting as often here on S4GRU for the purposes the site has served for many years.

Nothing wrong going on here because of it, just the nature of how things happened with Sprint, which I've read the staff and other members admit to. Same with donations being down, etc. Its unfortunate, but it also gives a chance for people here who've stayed on, among new members to discuss the other thing that has made this site great, which is network technology and technical development. That is usually kept to threads in the Network section, and here in General Topics with updates being in the Marcelo and T-Mobile threads, while miscellaneous topics stay here also.

As I said, this thread is not meant to be a science fiction thread for debate over space aliens, etc., but rather the technological matters mentioned in such reports that may have real meaning. Of course, its a matter of viewpoint, but that isn't a waste of "bandwidth". If you're going to think technically about what space there is wasted at all here, its in the extreme limits Invision Power Board puts on Robert for current online viewers, which if there are a certain amount of viewers over the limit, there is an upcharge to the next level of cost, which is expensive. I empathize with that being limiting as it is.

Not really.

Ask Robert.

262nuw6.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

Yup. More drivel from OP.

Perhaps he should make a blog for all his thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 1

Ask Robert.

262nuw6.jpg

AJ

I'm a huge fan of Unsolved Mysteries, which is why I mentioned it inspired me to start this thread. I admit some of the show was far fetched in its ghost/alien stories, but there were alot of really important stuff the show provided, and solved alot of criminal cases also.

The Belgium episode is the main one I referred to, which was a real case back in the late 80s and early 90s, where many people in the Belgium Air Force reported these UFOs, and noticed several interesting technological factors both in the float and speed of the aircraft they noted. The movement they reported was very smooth and so fast humans onboard, if there were, wouldn't survive without some really advanced technology protecting them from G forces. Also, there were no sonic booms heard during the rapid movement of the craft witnessed.

Rather than this stuff causing people to panic and naysayers and the like focusing on the typical things discussed about these issues, it would be better for society to study the reports technically, to learn what possible design could produce such descriptions, even if technically not available at the moment, but rather focusing on how to get there in the future, what needs to be developed, etc.

Yup. More drivel from OP.

Perhaps he should make a blog for all his thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to discuss future technology is drivel?

As I noted here, this thread isn't meant to be about aliens, etc., but rather about futuristic technology taken from the reports of those who've described these events. There is alot of interest in this stuff throughout the internet, though unfortunately it gets caught up in the superstition aspects of the discussion, rather than technology.

So to discuss future technology is drivel?

As I noted here, this thread isn't meant to be about aliens, etc., but rather about futuristic technology taken from the reports of those who've described these events. There is alot of interest in this stuff throughout the internet, though unfortunately it gets caught up in the superstition aspects of the discussion, rather than technology.

This site is about Sprint Cell phones and LTE.  The costs of the site are quite high.  It is funded by contributions of its members.

If you want to talk about things other than Sprint 4G rollout, maybe you should be the biggest contributor to the site. I bet you ain't.

• Like 4

This site is about Sprint Cell phones and LTE. The costs of the site are quite high. It is funded by contributions of its members.

If you want to talk about things other than Sprint 4G rollout, maybe you should be the biggest contributor to the site. I bet you ain't.

The site was founded to be a safe haven for Sprint fans to post about Sprint and its network developments, such as Network Vision, etc., without having to be concerned about anti-Sprint "Sprint Hate Trolls" interferring into positive and positive/helpful critque posts pertaining to Sprint.

However, this site is not only about Sprint, and has allowed its members to discuss other wireless carriers, with the focus being on network technology and technological advances in wireless, etc. That is why this thread is acceptable, so long as its based on technology, which I made sure to mention it not being a science fiction based speculation thread about space aliens and that sort of thing. I specifically mentioned this as a futuristic technology discussion formed from what I had seen on Unsolved Mysteries on a documented case involving the Belgium Air Force, not some random people out in the country claiming to be "abducted".

By the way, if I were wealthy I would be glad to fund this site alot of money. However, I have a terminal neuropathic illness and am on Medicare, still not having all of my healthcare issues covered, and have to pay out of pocket costs for monthly pain medication, since without it I'd be in complete misery.

Really, this site is for Sprint and wireless tech enthusiasts how is this thread still even in existence.  The only paranormal activity that needs to be seen is the powers that be make this thread vanish.   

• Like 4

We do allow off topic threads in the General Topics section. However, nothing good is going to come from leaving this one going. So I have closed the topic.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 8