I'm getting my Galaxy Nexus for $99!

AJames25

With $50 from Google Wallet (lets call it a rebate) and the $50 gift card for registering with Best Buy I'm getting my Galaxy Nexus for $99! Who else is getting Sprints first LTE phone for an insanely low price?

• Like 5

well the phone is 6 months old... should be on amazon $1 deals soon... im all for buying the newest and the greatest phones, but since LTE is in its infancy why buy a phone thats already half way to its EOL, when better phones are right on hte horizon?

well the phone is 6 months old... should be on amazon $1 deals soon... im all for buying the newest and the greatest phones, but since LTE is in its infancy why buy a phone thats already half way to its EOL, when better phones are right on hte horizon?

Better phones are always right around the corner. I have been waiting on this phone to hit Sprint since it was announced in October. Even 6 months old this phone is still the best phone on the market (for now at least). Besides all that I'm not asking do you want the phone, I'm asking if there are any other good deals on this phone that people could take advantage of.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll be waiting on the Amazon deals.

And I wouldn't nearly say the GN is near its EOL. I'll be a solid phone choice for a while at least, especially with it being one of the first to get Jelly Bean when its released.

• Like 1

And I wouldn't nearly say the GN is near its EOL. I'll be a solid phone choice for a while at least, especially with it being one of the first to get Jelly Bean when its released.

Thats my issue too, I am getting two evolte's when they are available but I also need to open up a third line and I am not sure if I should get a gnex or wait for the s3 to come out. Obviously the gnex will have newer updates and newer updated custom roms compared to the s3 but I have a feeling the s3 will have beast like specs thats gonna make me want to wait it out.

Yeah' date=' I'll be waiting on the Amazon deals.

And I wouldn't nearly say the GN is near its EOL. I'll be a solid phone choice for a while at least, especially with it being one of the first to get Jelly Bean when its released.[/quote']

I was being slightly sarcastic with the eol but sprint saying "you'll see a buildup of a lot of devices being launched May on forward" sprint vp of product develpment Fared Adib said last week in kc...

and with virtually no lte live yet is it wise to buy an old phone just because it says "new" on the box? sure its new for us but in a few weeks that won't even be the case anymore... I was excited for this phone in december... lol

I could be called a hypocrite cause I WANT the Note. Another "old" phone... but at least its unique.

I don't know to each their own. I just think getting into all the hype over this phone will leave some dissapointed in a month or so...

I was being slightly sarcastic with the eol but sprint saying "you'll see a buildup of a lot of devices being launched May on forward" sprint vp of product develpment Fared Adib said last week in kc...

and with virtually no lte live yet is it wise to buy an old phone just because it says "new" on the box? sure its new for us but in a few weeks that won't even be the case anymore... I was excited for this phone in december... lol

I could be called a hypocrite cause I WANT the Note. Another "old" phone... but at least its unique.

I don't know to each their own. I just think getting into all the hype over this phone will leave some dissapointed in a month or so...

Aren't we all hypocrites when we deeply examine ourselves? I know I am! :hah:

However, the GNex will be a solid device for a long time for many folks. The lack of LTE will only be an issue for some people. If you live in a WiMax area and rely on that service, then you shouldn't upgrade to a LTE device. However, if you live in a Non WiMax area, need/want a new device, especially a flagship device, that moving to a LTE device is a no-brainer.

Robert

• Like 1

With $50 from Google Wallet (lets call it a rebate) and the $50 gift card for registering with Best Buy I'm getting my Galaxy Nexus for $99! Who else is getting Sprints first LTE phone for an insanely low price?

What's this $50 Best Buy thing you're talking about? I'm picking a GNexus this weekend but I also want to make sure I can get the best deal possible.

What's this $50 Best Buy thing you're talking about? I'm picking a GNexus this weekend but I also want to make sure I can get the best deal possible.

Sadly, it ended in Feb http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-Phones-Broadband/Phone-Freedom-50-Gift-Card-Offer-FAQ-Registration-Ended-02-12/td-p/454571

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/04/05/nexus-s-4g-gets-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-starting-today

because teh nexus s 4g was always so quick to get upgrades :/

so long as a US carrier is involved, updates will allows be slowed down

• Like 1

http://community.spr...-starting-today

because teh nexus s 4g was always so quick to get upgrades :/

so long as a US carrier is involved, updates will allows be slowed down

Everyone is having difficulties going from GB to ICS. I think Google will learn from the Nexus S experience and conduct business differently when it comes to the next generation of Android.