HTC Bolt

jreuschl

It's normally under settings - battery and screen would normally show up. Clicking on screen should say time on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I found it. Let me let it run down a bit....just took it off the charger. I'll post later today and let you know kinda where it's at.

They stopped listing the 10 at Sprint.com.

Rumor has it the 10 will be $200 off for Black Friday, starting on Monday - my mom is on the lookout for a new phone.  I told her she should get the 10 and not the Bolt - just my opinion, but the 10 seems more powerful.  I love mine, and so does my aunt!  Also tried to tell her there will be more accessories for the 10 ... for years I had Sprint-exclusive HTCs and got tired of the lack of cases.  Even though you still can't find any 10 cases in any store, there are plenty online.

They stopped listing the 10 at Sprint.com.

Rumor has it the 10 will be $200 off for Black Friday, starting on Monday - my mom is on the lookout for a new phone.  I told her she should get the 10 and not the Bolt - just my opinion, but the 10 seems more powerful.  I love mine, and so does my aunt!  Also tried to tell her there will be more accessories for the 10 ... for years I had Sprint-exclusive HTCs and got tired of the lack of cases.  Even though you still can't find any 10 cases in any store, there are plenty online.

Where did you see this rumor? I'm about 3 minutes from buying a 10, but I'll wait if this is true.

Where did you see this rumor? I'm about 3 minutes from buying a 10, but I'll wait if this is true.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.techtimes.com/amp/articles/186374/20161119/htc-black-friday-specials-massive-savings-on-htc-10-re-camera-one-m9-one-a9-and-more.htm

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh...I can't do that, because the line I'm buying it for is currently a lease, and I'm using my annual upgrade to get out of a lease and onto installments. Thanks, though.

Ordered the Bolt in gunmetal today. 50% off promo makes it $12.50/mo and I supposedly get a $10/mo loyalty service credit on top of that according to the checkout and email receipt. Also got a $50 bill credit, free activation and overnight shipping for ordering online.

• Like 2

Ordered the Bolt in gunmetal today. 50% off promo makes it $12.50/mo and I supposedly get a $10/mo loyalty service credit on top of that according to the checkout and email receipt. Also got a $50 bill credit, free activation and overnight shipping for ordering online.

Wish I qualified for the promo pricing! I don't know if I want to pay $600 for one, but $300 I would pull the trigger. Looking forward to a review!

Wish I qualified for the promo pricing! I don't know if I want to pay $600 for one, but $300 I would pull the trigger. Looking forward to a review!

Why wouldn't you qualify? It's on sale for black Friday. The $50 bill credit was a surprise to me. I was checking out and a box popped up asking if I wanted $50, I clicked yes and it showed up on the order page.

Why wouldn't you qualify? It's on sale for black Friday. The $50 bill credit was a surprise to me. I was checking out and a box popped up asking if I wanted $50, I clicked yes and it showed up on the order page.

It is only showing the promo pricing if I add another line to my account. If I read the disclaimer right if I would qualify for the promo pricing if I was eligible for an upgrade but I am ineligible to upgrade at this time.

Got the Bolt today. First impression was how large and heavy the handset is, it's massive compared to my Nexus 5. In the box it includes some decent USB c headphones, a quick charge 2.0 charger with USB a to USB c cable, a sim removal tool and manuals. The phone has a ridiculous amount of preinstalled apps, only some of which can be removed.

The navigation buttons are quite small, and the home "button" and fingerprint scanner isn't a button at all. It's capacitive like the back and app switcher, unlike a Samsung galaxy s7. The power and volume buttons are on the right side, with the power being in a very comfortable position to press with my thumb. Engineering screens do work using the dialer codes, but do not launch through SCP shortcuts.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Have used my new Bolt for a day.  Will try to summarize my experience.

First, I came from a Nexus 5X and before that a 5.  Signal / reception wise, I had high hopes for the Bolt since it was a Sprint exclusive and they, presumably, had a hand in developing it.  So far it is just blah.   ABout the same, maybe slightly worse than the 5X.  LTE is not much use to me if the second i pick up my phone the connection is lost but while it sits on my desk band 26 has a solid connection.  Whats even worse is I have to wait until the phone swaps over to 3G and establishes connection.  The 5X almost went flying across the room several times because of this and the Bolt I can tell exhibits this behavior even more.

Years ago when Sprint and Sanyo made phones together they were unbelievable RF wise.  I had a Katana DLX that allowed me to make calls in places and walk around where now, those same places require me to use a cell signal booster and stay stationary....While I digress, I had hoped this would be a similar tie up.  Oh well.

Anyways, this phone is HEAVY.  Like wtf heavy, phone wise.

There is a shit ton of bloatware installed out of the box. (mainly noticeable to me because of using Nexus devices for so long)

The good thing about coming back to carrier phones from the nexus is now I have access to wifi calling, sprint zone (for network issue reporting) and more importantly, LTE roaming on USCC among others (screw you sprint for not getting these working on nexus devices even after all of these years)

I think the screen looks a heck of a lot better than the 5X.

Decent size.

My hope is the phone gets updated for a little awhile and isnt forgotten about a few months from now.  i dont expect nexus level updates but HTC should stand by it for a bit.

I will probably end up keeping it I guess.  I am not "excited" about it over all like i was for the nexus phones but i accept it as a decent upgrade for my needs.  My gripe is that Sprint has started treating ME / NH and VT as an LTE upgrade blackhole but i guess thats for a different thread. ;)

• Like 2

Have used my new Bolt for a day. Will try to summarize my experience.

I was going to write a longish review but you've touched on almost everything I was going to say. Reception doesn't seem as good as my Nexus 5 and the phone randomly drops connection altogether more often. Battery life is better, but just barely it seems. So far I'm at 38℅ with 2.5 hours of screen time and battery saver mode has been on since 50℅. I used maps for 20 minutes but besides that it's been web browsing and Facebook/email type usage. I was really disappointed to find out I can't use Wi-Fi calling without removing Google voice integration. I miss a lot of calls at home because the phone switches from LTE to 3G often.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I was really disappointed to find out I can't use Wi-Fi calling without removing Google voice integration. I miss a lot of calls at home because the phone switches from LTE to 3G often.

Ahh i remember seeing that wifi calling could not be enabled unless i disabled the number blocking feature so i backed out of the setup.

but you reminded me of another feature i now have access to again.  Actual visual voicemail that works perfectly.

i dont know if it is enabled on other handsets yet but IPv6 works on the sprint network with this device.  not sure i had it working on my nexus 5x (or they recently enabled it and i didnt know)

I broke down and picked up a Bolt.  For me the reception so far has been as good or better than the Nexus 5. It certainly does have some bloat, but I have removed several apps that where installed on it so far without any issues.

WiFi calling is the only thing I have a problem with. Every time I attempt to turn in on, it shuts off as soon as I leave the settings menu...

##debug#. HTC doesn't use *#*# like some other devices.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

*#0011# is only on Samsung devices.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk