Verizon anntenas

jthawks

I'm in a Verizon-Ericsson vendor zone, so YMMV if you're in another vendor zone for them.

Basically all of their sites here have had 4 antennas per sector for as long as I've been posting on this forum. Old setups have a tall fat one, a tall thin one, a short fat one (usually an AIR), and a short thin one.

They seem to be in the process of swapping out all of the AIRs with RRU'd antennas for whatever reason. I've also seen them replace both old tall antennas with identical tall fat ones, but I think that's a special case thing since I've only seen a couple sites like that.

Their brand new setups on new macro sites have two identical tall fat ones and two identical short fat ones with only one of the short ones hooked up to RRUs.

I have pictures of all of these setups in the OP of the Charlotte premier thread (link in my signature).

Any idea who their vendor is for your area? If the new antennas are tall they're probably for 850 and 700. Did they recently acquire more low-band in your area?

• Like 1

I'm in a Verizon-Ericsson vendor zone, so YMMV if you're in another vendor zone for them.

Basically all of their sites here have had 4 antennas per sector for as long as I've been posting on this forum. Old setups have a tall fat one, a tall thin one, a short fat one (usually an AIR), and a short thin one.

They seem to be in the process of swapping out all of the AIRs with RRU'd antennas for whatever reason. I've also seen them replace both old tall antennas with identical tall fat ones, but I think that's a special case thing since I've only seen a couple sites like that.

Their brand new setups on new macro sites have two identical tall fat ones and two identical short fat ones with only one of the short ones hooked up to RRUs.

I have pictures of all of these setups in the OP of the Charlotte premier thread (link in my signature).

Any idea who their vendor is for your area? If the new antennas are tall they're probably for 850 and 700. Did they recently acquire more low-band in your area?

I'll get some pics. Thanks for the info.
  • Like 1

So been seeing allot of verizon sites getting new anntenas. At least two per sector and they are bigger. Anyone know what's going on? Just curious

They are converting to six-sector sites using new CCI antennas.

CCI - BSA-D65-19R010-02

The CCI multi-band Bi-SectorTM array is a dual beam antenna with full LTE 800, Cellular 850, LTE 900, DCS 1800 and UMTS 2100 band coverage. With two pairs of high band ports covering 1710-2170 MHz and two pairs of low band ports covering 790-960 MHz, this six foot CCI Bi-Sector provides the capability to deploy two high band beams (sectors) and two low band beams (sectors) in a single antenna. This Remote Electrical Tilt (RET) antenna allows separate tilt control for each beam individually, enabling maximum flexibility in network deployment.

CCI - BSA-M65R-BUU-H6

The CCI multi-band Twin HexPort Bi-SectorTM array is a dual beam antenna with full 700 MHz, SMR 800, Cellular, AWS, PCS and WCS band coverage. This six foot (1.8 m) antenna can be configured to deploy two asymmetric 33° beams each containing two low band ports covering 698-894 MHz and four high band ports covering 1710-2360 MHz in a single enclosure. With four high band ports in each sub-beam this antenna is ideally suited for implementation of 2x4 and 4x4 MIMO system configurations. The CCI multi-band Bi-SectorTM provides the capability to deploy two sectors of 4×4 Multiple-input Multiple-output (MIMO) in the high band. The Remote Electrical Tilt (RET) feature allows separate tilt control for the high and low band in each 33° beam, enabling maximum flexibility in network deployment.

Connector diagram (click for full-size):

connector-spacing-small.png

AT&T and Sprint are also using these antennas, although I have yet to see them on macro sites for either.

Verizon six-sector before/after (top rack):

ihop-before-six-sector.jpg

ihop-six-sector.jpg

AT&T COW:

att-cow.jpg

AT&T COW with normal Sprint B25/B26 COW (click for full-size):

att-cow-lsu-small.jpg

Sprint "COW" -- this is a temporary antenna installation on an old Nextel site which will feed directly off a COW parked at the bottom of the tower (click for full-size):

sprint-cow-small.jpg

• Like 3

Proof (click for full-size):

verizon-134859-small.png

verizon-134962-small.png

The reason you're only seeing one tall antenna on the site pictured previously is that Verizon has re-farmed all of its PCS spectrum in my area for LTE (leaving CDMA in cellular 850 only). They are running a total of 90 MHz LTE on tri-band sites (10x10 band 13, 20x20 band 4, 15x15 band 2).

All of their sites here are at least dual-band, but they have already managed to convert about 50% to tri-band, six-sector within the last 2-3 months.

• Like 1

Verizon has been densifying in my suburban county for awhile now, just recently went live on a T-Mo/Sprint tower, they'll be surpassing AT&T in density soon. I'm sure B2 refarming is also underway, they have enough for 15x15 here. The older pre-LTE sites have all their legacy equipment as well as B13 and B4 antennas, 4 panels per sector I believe. The newer full build sites are 2 panels per sector, and there's an LTE only site that is just 1 panel per sector broadcasting both B4 and B13.

I have to say, threads like this are why I contribute to s4gru.com. I don't think another forum anywhere on the internet can have a good discussion like this without fan boys jumping in and ruining it. I really enjoy hearing the cellular technology and upgrades deployed by different companies without fan boy interruption.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Saw my first PCS B2 VZW appearance in Western South Dakota populate my iPhone 6 Field Test Screen. Sadly it is only 5x5 and pushes 5Mbps. VZW has too much market share here, for their own good.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Saw my first PCS B2 VZW appearance in Western South Dakota populate my iPhone 6 Field Test Screen. Sadly it is only 5x5 and pushes 5Mbps. VZW has too much market share here, for their own good.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Do you have VoLTE enabled on the iPhone 6?

Do you have VoLTE enabled on the iPhone 6?

I keep trying. When I go to Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE, it cuurently shows Data Only checked. When I select Voice & Data under LTE, it thinks about it for 30 seconds. Then it goes back to Data Only.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I keep trying. When I go to Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE, it cuurently shows Data Only checked. When I select Voice & Data under LTE, it thinks about it for 30 seconds. Then it goes back to Data Only.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Sounds like it has yet to be enabled on the account level. Usually done by going online and enabling "Advanced calling 1.0", or maybe calling in, but since that's your employers account getting that done may be a bit harder than usual.

Verizon six-sector before/after (top rack):

Out of curiosity, which vendor is Verizon using there? I don't see any of Ericsson's distinctive RRUs, but it might just be the photo angles. Is that an ALU area for VZ?

Out of curiosity, which vendor is Verizon using there? I don't see any of Ericsson's distinctive RRUs, but it might just be the photo angles. Is that an ALU area for VZ?

boxes.jpg

carriers.jpg

J is for Jump Run, a nearby street.

MetroPCS was at the bottom, but T-Mobile was already on this site.

metropcs.jpg

• Like 1

J is for Jump Run, a nearby street.

MetroPCS was at the bottom, but T-Mobile was already on this site.

Awesome. I've never actually gotten to see VZ ALU gear in person. And nice rendering of AT&T's logo. :P

So here is a new verizon site. Like within a few months. Still working on getting the pics of upgraded verizon anntenas

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Were they maybe still working on this when you took the picture? It looks like 2 antennas per sector aren't even being used!

• Like 1

27070131ae35e73f04752b9665889c0e.jpg26f6a184bc5f0eeca09031c8c2f53fe9.jpg

So here is an upgraded verizon site. Also the clearwire was never active when this tower was relocated to here. Don't think it was ever lte before the move. Just wimax.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Were they maybe still working on this when you took the picture? It looks like 2 antennas per sector aren't even being used!

They've been leaving one of the two high-band antennas per sector here disconnected on new sites. I guess it's for eventual PCS LTE maybe? They only own 10x10 PCS here but they own both CLR A and B so maybe they're relegating remaining CDMA to CLR. I don't know.

But again I'm in a different vendor zone so I can't help much with OP's questions unfortunately.

• 2 months later...