Will Sprint ever share or roam on anyone's 700 MHz?

dro1984

No, and no.  But no one knows the future.  So, no again.

AJ

Does anyone know if Sprint will ever share or roam on T-Mobile's or AT&T's 700 MHz?   I thought the FCC mandated roaming abilities on the 700 band?

Sprint does Roam onto US CELLULAR LTE which I believe uses band 12. Tmobile coverage is close to Sprint So Sprint wouldnt do much roaming onto them .Yes their are spots where Tmobile covers that sprint does not but, its small. I wish sprint could get their hands on their Native 700 mhz. Can say for sure no LTE on VZW. Also Theres no band 17 support on Sprint phones only band 2,4,5,12.

Sprint does Roam onto US CELLULAR LTE which I believe uses band 12. Tmobile coverage is close to Sprint So Sprint wouldnt do much roaming onto them .Yes their are spots where Tmobile covers that sprint does not but, its small. I wish sprint could get their hands on their Native 700 mhz. Can say for sure no LTE on VZW. Also Theres no band 17 support on Sprint phones only band 2,4,5,12.

Having band 17 support on Sprint phones is moot if they ever were to strike a roaming deal with at&t as they have MFBI active across their network so any band 12 device will work on at&t.

Guys, this thread is largely pointless -- because it is all pie in the sky fantasy.  That is why I am being somewhat sarcastic.

The chances of Sprint LTE roaming on VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile within the next several years are slim to none.  Sprint handsets do not support VZW band 13.  AT&T and T-Mobile do not support CDMA2000.  Game over.

The likelihood of Sprint becoming a merged company or going belly up is greater than that of LTE roaming on VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile.

AJ

• Like 2

Just wondering.... I thought one of the FCC requirements when auctioning off 700 MHz years ago was carrier interoperability?

No.

AJ

Guys, this thread is largely pointless -- because it is all pie in the sky fantasy. That is why I am being somewhat sarcastic.

The chances of Sprint LTE roaming on VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile within the next several years are slim to none. Sprint handsets do not support VZW band 13. AT&T and T-Mobile do not support CDMA2000. Game over.

The likelihood of Sprint becoming a merged company or going belly up is greater than that of LTE roaming on VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile.

AJ

What does CDMA have to do with it when VoLTE comes into play? Who's Sprint going to use when Verizon shuts off CDMA voice in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What does CDMA have to do with it when VoLTE comes into play? Who's Sprint going to use when Verizon shuts off CDMA voice in the future?

VoLTE is irrelevant to Sprint for now.  Carefully read my post.  See "within the next several years"?  No one knows what will be 4-5 years from now.  That is why this thread is just pointless speculation.

AJ

Sprint phones have some GSM in them. so CDMA has nothing to do with it. I already said roaming onto VZW will never happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, this thread is largely pointless -- because it is all pie in the sky fantasy.  That is why I am being somewhat sarcastic.

The chances of Sprint LTE roaming on VZW, AT&T, or T-Mobile within the next several years are slim to none.  Sprint handsets do not support VZW band 13.  AT&T and T-Mobile do not support CDMA2000.  Game over.

AJ

iPhone 6S supports B13. Verizon is still gonna be a no-go.

Neither AT&T nor T-Mobile need to operate CDMA2000 to use a Sprint phone on their LTE. It's useless as far as voice right now, but it's been proven. More likely is T-Mobile or AT&T using Sprint LTE, since that is generally easier. 

OP: Don't get your hopes up, but as information becomes available to me, I will share as much as I'm allowed to disclose.

Vzn will shutdown evdo before the shutdown 1xrtt because 1x is far better in rural areas then lte. The roaming agreement will expire before they shutdown 1xrtt.

Vzn will shutdown evdo before the shutdown 1xrtt because 1x is far better in rural areas then lte. The roaming agreement will expire before they shutdown 1xrtt.

Also don't forget about their CDMA M2M users. Shutting down won't be easy or painless. 1x may be around for longer than some expect.