US Cellular - Sprint LTE Roaming?

kojitsari

I traveled across central Iowa yesterday north of I-80. I was on US Cellular according to SignalCheck and there was no roaming symbol. It was 3G.

I've had this happen when I was in the middle of South Dakota.uploadfromtaptalk1448572981119.png

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Initial USCC devices that support LTE roaming. From here:

6KzFF47.png

LG US991 (G4)

LTE Bands: 2 / 4 / 5 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 25 

LG US995  G Flex 2 

LTE Bands: 4 / 5 / 12 / 25

NO GSM / W-CDMA (HSPA) support [AKA It has to be a CDMA / LTE roaming partner]

LG G Pad F 8.0

LTE Bands: 2/4/5/12/13/17/25

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 9.7

LTE Bands: 2-4-5-12-13-17-25

Samsung Galaxy Tab E
LTE Bands: 2-4-5-12-17-25

The iphone 5s/5c and ipads support LTE Bands 25-26 and the iPhone 6 and above should support LTE bands 25-26-41 if they use the same SKU as Sprint. 

• Like 1

I've had this happen when I was in the middle of South Dakota.attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-11-02-20-32-34.png

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what mine looked like too. I traveled from near Ames to Cedar Rapids on US-30 then across northern Iowa from Waterloo to Minnesota just southeast of Albert Lea. When I was connected to US Cellular SignalCheck looks just like your screenshot.

That's exactly what mine looked like too. I traveled from near Ames to Cedar Rapids on US-30 then across northern Iowa from Waterloo to Minnesota just southeast of Albert Lea. When I was connected to US Cellular SignalCheck looks just like your screenshot.

Except there is no area that Verizon is treated as native. So it could easily be a similar error.

I traveled across central Iowa yesterday north of I-80. I was on US Cellular according to SignalCheck and there was no roaming symbol. It was 3G.

I roam on USCC regularly in eastern NC (where I am now). Roamed on them today in the deer stand and had EVDO with the roaming symbol. Updated the PRL and it stayed the same. No pseudo native (like I always see with Carolina West Wireless in the mountains) here in NC with USCC yet 

Side Note: Nexus 5 was WAY better holding on to EVDO before dropping to roaming, I bounced back and forth in this area with it. The Nexus 6P just parks on roaming before I ever get to this area. The 6P is WAYYYYY better at getting and holding an LTE signal, though.

• Like 2