Phone Check for Carriers

Tajustin95

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a neat website that shows if you phone is compatible with different carriers. I have noticed with the new latest Sprint phones that are compatible to a lot of the American carriers. Check it out if you are interested: http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share a neat website that shows if you phone is compatible with different carriers. I have noticed with the new latest Sprint phones that are compatible to a lot of the American carriers. Check it out if you are interested: http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Pretty cool. But it would be nice if there was some sort of indicator for partial vs full band support, CA, etc.
  • Like 1

This would be better if Sprint allowed other devices on their network (ie:Verizon phones with CDMA support.)

Sent from my M8

Tell verizon to add LTE B25/26/41 and BC 10 support to their phones and then we can start talking. 

• Like 11

Tell verizon to add LTE B25/26/41 and BC 10 support to their phones and then we can start talking. 

It would nice if T-mobile will add thos bands to their phones sense sprint supports Tmobil bands on sprint phone now. Bands 2,4, and,12.

• Like 1

It would nice if T-mobile will add thos bands to their phones sense sprint supports Tmobil bands on sprint phone now. Bands 2,4, and,12.

And that really is the rub here. Sprint devices can be used on so many networks, but no one tries to reciprocate at all. It's been proven these devices can quite easily be single SKU allowing full reciprocity. But unless the government demands it, expect the other providers to keep ordering their devices to be as protectionist as possible.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just think its silly that each US carrier has to have their own variant of the same exact model.  I just think its overkill especially now that LTE phones can contain many LTE bands in the same phone.  I am pretty sure that Verizon/Sprint/Tmobile/AT&T want their own variants to promote all their bloatware which is absolutely unnecessary.  Would be nice to see all US carriers be able to support all the different LTE bands out there especially the superset ones.

• Like 1

And that really is the rub here. Sprint devices can be used on so many networks, but no one tries to reciprocate at all. It's been proven these devices can quite easily be single SKU allowing full reciprocity. But unless the government demands it, expect the other providers to keep ordering their devices to be as protectionist as possible.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Not that Sprint would allow you to bring it over, anyways. :wall:

Not that Sprint would allow you to bring it over, anyways. :wall:

Didn't Sprint begin in Feb 2015 to unlock devices once you have finished your 2 year contract or paid off your device?

Didn't Sprint begin in Feb 2015 to unlock devices once you have finished your 2 year contract or paid off your device?

Some devices, the Nexus 6 comes to mind, are unlocked from the day you purchase it.