Anyone have a SERO line to give away?

spotmeterf64

I did, but you can't add SERO lines unless you're still an employee (I am no longer an employee). She's on the $60 unlimited plan now, which doesn't include subsidies. I'd like to get her on SERO Premium, $50 with subsidies if possible.

• Like 1

I did, but you can't add SERO lines unless you're still an employee (I am no longer an employee). She's on the $60 unlimited plan now, which doesn't include subsidies. I'd like to get her on SERO Premium, $50 with subsidies if possible.

FYI this is a Grey area post which may or may not violate site rules. You're technically asking for help exploiting the way new plans work, and soliciting (even though it is more on the ok side). You're most likely going to have a moderator or senior member come in and tell you to please not ask for help working around current sprint contacts and the like.

have you tried a few more times?  possibly call during the day to get the right group.  i had luck adding a few lines in store several years back, in a non-corporate store no less, by an employee hungry for commission.  Ive always understood it that if you have the plan already you can add lines.

Call in to sprint and it should take you to employee care and simply get them to change the plan. That should work

OK guys, thanks for your input. I'll call Employee Care and see if they'll let me convert my existing line to SERO. Maybe I'll get lucky this time. When I last called, they said I couldn't convert any more lines as I'm not an employee anymore. My only option was to get an employee to create a new SERO line for me (I don't know any), or take ownership of an existing SERO line from another customer.

Edited by spotmeterf64

FYI this is a Grey area post which may or may not violate site rules. You're technically asking for help exploiting the way new plans work, and soliciting (even though it is more on the ok side). You're most likely going to have a moderator or senior member come in and tell you to please not ask for help working around current sprint contacts and the like.

100% not my intention to violate rules. I was just hoping I could benefit from someone leaving Sprint. They could leave ETF free, and I could get a discounted plan. If this is in violation, I'll happily not solicit further.

it may complicate things sicne your wifes line / number is already a sprint line.  Fwiw, are you calling in under your line as SERO and stating you would like to add a line / clone your current plan?  If you can do that, the hard part is done and then you would need to somehow get your wife onto it.  I remember years ago you would have to port out to a prepaid carrier and then port back in to SERO.

it may complicate things sicne your wifes line / number is already a sprint line.  Fwiw, are you calling in under your line as SERO and stating you would like to add a line / clone your current plan?  If you can do that, the hard part is done and then you would need to somehow get your wife onto it.  I remember years ago you would have to port out to a prepaid carrier and then port back in to SERO.

Anything short of porting out and then back in (which is negative churn and not something Sprint, or any carrier, condones), I'm willing to do. I have emails out to Employee Care and Executive Offices, hopefully someone can help make this happen.

What's a SERO?

It's Separating Employee Retention Offer, a special plan offered to employees when they leave the company. Several years ago, it was possible to sign up for SERO without ever having been an employee, which is probably why so many people have it.

Edited by spotmeterf64

It's Separating Employee Retention Offer, a special plan offered to employees when they leave the company. Several years ago, it was possible to sign up for SERO without ever having been an employee, which is probably why so many people have it.

I've wondered what SERO was an acronym for ever since I joined S4GRU almost two years ago. Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the day when they were actually offering this plan more widespread it was known as the Sprint Employee Referral Offer. That is part of the reason so many have or had it. All you needed was a valid employee email address. The other big part was that Russ McGuire and Sprint put out his email and pin basically allowing anyone to sign up for the plan for a certain amount of time.

The plan hasn't been publicly offered in that form since 2008. They are still offering it to separating employees under the new Separating Employees name that you noted. Either way though, I think we are somewhat hesitant to allow a discussion on how to get on an 8 year-old plan.

Ah, this thread brings back memories!

I remember when SERO first came out. I was an avid reader of HowardForum back then when I use to hang out in the expansive two story lobby of the luxury apartment place back in 2005-2006 I lived at then. I'd sit on one of the couches and have the huge projection television on while I sat reading about wireless. I never registered as a member there, but did enjoy reading about stuff, especially SERO, with all the people going on there to request employee email addresses and codes. It was huge!

I almost joined Sprint back then because of SERO, but I was so tempted at the idea of having wireless data before any devices for it were even available, other than the T-Mobile sidekick, which is why I went with them for a while. The sidekick really sucks compared to Android, which is what I was naively expecting at that time, made me disappointed, so I left T-Mobile and tried out a device Verizon had at the time, some sort of high-end Samsung data enabled flip phone I really liked. I would have kept the service, but then despite having Verizon's unlimited National Access data, they tried to charge me over a thousand dollars in data usage fees. Their district manager was in the store at the time overheard me yelling about the charges to the manager, which this district manager stepped in and eliminated the charges and cancelled my contract, refunded us on the device, and I left.

I also tried Nextel back then, which was my favorite of all, though not for data so much, yet it was okay. The devices were really great being they were quality made, unlike so many of the smartphones today. However, Nextel suddenly got worse at some point, where I did a drop call test in my living room. This was way before SERO though, when I lived in a condominium where a neighbor of mine called me, we talked, then I'd sit up and walk five feet away. The call dropped. I'd call him back from the same chair, I get up from the chair, the call dropped again. We repeated the process over several dozen times. It was hilarious.

• Like 1

Actually SERO was Sprint Employee Referral Offer, which is now the Employee Referral Plan: http://www.sprint.com/landings/everythingplus/epclanding.html?ECID=vanity:employeereferral

• Like 3