Easy Pay

htcguy

Hi I believe this may of been discussed before but maybe not specifically to my question.  My contract has expired (back in July) and I have been thinking about getting a new phone.  My question is, with Easy pay does that automatally RENEW your contract for another 2 years or does it just add the installment (payments)? 

When I called customer service they just told me that you need to have a contract with them.  They dont seem to speack every good english, its the second time I called and that was the answer I got.  Maybe I am just not looking in the right place for an answer on Sprint.com website or here....  I would rather NOT sign a new 2 year contract.

If this has already been mentioned please send me to the right place on here....

Thank you

Edited by htcguy

its a 2 year installment plan, the "contract" does not get extended.  if a year from now you want to leave sprint, all you pay is the remaining balance on the installment plan (plus your normal charges). NO ETF  

• Like 1

You sign a contract agreement saying you will pay for the device. But can cancel Wireless service anytime with no termination fee(service wise). But if you cancel service your total remaining amount due on the phone is due immediately.

• Like 1

its a 2 year installment plan, the "contract" does not get extended.  if a year from now you want to leave sprint, all you pay is the remaining balance on the installment plan (plus your normal charges). NO ETF

That's precisely what a contract is. Lol. A

That's precisely what a contract is. Lol. A

if you read the OP, you would know he was talking about 2 year contract with sprint being renewed which its not. He can leave sprint at ANYTIME, but what he has to pay for is the device since will be be financed. If he wishes to leave, there would be NO EARLY TERMINATION FEE  since he is not under a contract to KEEP SERVICE. ..

if you read the OP, you would know he was talking about 2 year contract with sprint being renewed which its not. He can leave sprint at ANYTIME, but what he has to pay for is the device since will be be financed. If he wishes to leave, there would be NO EARLY TERMINATION FEE  since he is not under a contract to KEEP SERVICE. ..

What, exactly, is your point with this post?  Are you attempting to be an a-hole?  If so, you've failed miserably, and here's why.  A.) I was making the point that an ETF is the exact same thing as charging the balance of the phone due upon leaving the contract.  I don't care if you call it a contract or not, it's the same thing.  You leave early, you pay.  Your overuse of CAPS is entirely pointless and does nothing to help you make your point.  B.) I was actually sorta kidding though you clearly didn't pick up on that.  C.) I am definitely not in the mood for your basic, snarky attitude.  But thanks for your cheerful input.  

• Like 1