iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Mine auto-updated. Seems to just be bug fixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks. I'll stick to the version I'm on then. Thanks.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

I used swiftkey. Didn't like the little glitch that happens when you try to put contacts in and the stock keyboard seemed to pick up on my predictions a lot better. I may have to give it another shot to see how it goes now though....

Just the drive into work it did seem like I might have been on 3G a little more than usual but then again I don't really pay too much attention to it anyways. As long as my music doesn't stop streaming I'm okay. [emoji106] battery life does seem to be better just from the first couple hours of use as well.

• Like 1

I used swiftkey. Didn't like the little glitch that happens when you try to put contacts in and the stock keyboard seemed to pick up on my predictions a lot better. I may have to give it another shot to see how it goes now though....

Just the drive into work it did seem like I might have been on 3G a little more than usual but then again I don't really pay too much attention to it anyways. As long as my music doesn't stop streaming I'm okay. [emoji106] battery life does seem to be better just from the first couple hours of use as well.

That glitch you're talking about happens with all 3rd party keyboards, it's something that Apple has to fix. Swype and Flesky do it too; It's annoying. As for predictions SwiftKey is a little iffy. Sometimes it has it sometimes it doesn't but it does learn as you go along I can say.

All of the third party keyboards are even worse than stock imo- but that's only because they're barely given any CPU or memory. Does SwiftKey work well for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes very well. I wasn't using it up until they did a big update recently. I was using swype and I hated it. The keys are too small on that one. SwiftKey is more close to stock and it has the whole swype gesture that's why I use it. The only complaint I have is lack of themes, only black and white and some ugly Christmas theme and this bug that doesn't allow use of 3rd party keyboards for quick reply from the lock screen other than that I'm good with SwiftKey.

Sent from my shiny Space Grey iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 3.2.1

Edited by IsaiahL

No thanks. I'll stick to the version I'm on then. Thanks.

I don't think I'll ever be upgrading from 3.2.1. This version and everyone before it just works.

I don't think I'll ever be upgrading from 3.2.1. This version and everyone before it just works.

Yep. I'm glad I have 3.1.1

It appears I have 3.0.1 too, so I have options for Tapatalk. Why couldn't they have left it alone?

It appears I have 3.0.1 too, so I have options for Tapatalk. Why couldn't they have left it alone?

You know those developers they always think they know everything. They completely broke a almost perfect app. Lol maybe that's the app I'll make, a good Tapatalk replacement.

Edited by IsaiahL
  • Like 1

Beta Report: I highly suggest you guys give me your UDID and upgrade to iOS 8.3 Beta 1. Battery life is phenomenal, I'm holding percentages for days lol. Apple finally got it right with this one.

Beta Report: I highly suggest you guys give me your UDID and upgrade to iOS 8.3 Beta 1. Battery life is phenomenal, I'm holding percentages for days lol. Apple finally got it right with this one.

But I want the celluarinfo :(

But you're making me want to update to beta

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

This. I've been on my phone quite a bit but it's holding more than what it has before. And music on my way to work didn't drain my battery 20% like the other day. Only 5-6% today which seems pretty normal.
  • Like 1

But I want the celluarinfo :(

But you're making me want to update to beta

What other cellular information do you need lmao. Doesn't the engineering screen provide enough? Battery life is EVERYTHING! [emoji24]

• Like 2

You know those developers they always think they know everything. They completely broke a almost perfect app. Lol maybe that's the app I'll make, a good Tapatalk replacement.

I would buy your Tapatalk replacement in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I would buy your Tapatalk replacement in a heartbeat.

That is awesome to know. I'll get to work on that right away lol [emoji1]

• Like 1

What other cellular information do you need lmao. Doesn't the engineering screen provide enough? Battery life is EVERYTHING! [emoji24]

Engineering screen is too complicated to distinguish between clear b41 and sprint b41....but I guess it's really not a huge factor. 8.1.2 seems to have good battery life, but obviously Apple is trying to improve the battery life in further releases of ios. 

• Like 1

Engineering screen is too complicated to distinguish between clear b41 and sprint b41....but I guess it's really not a huge factor. 8.1.2 seems to have good battery life, but obviously Apple is trying to improve the battery life in further releases of ios.

It's actually easy if you know what you're looking for. Here in Chicago, 132 is 25, and 133 is Sprint band 41. Everything else is clear. We have like 3 clear gci's. I think it's like 118,119,121 or something like that. An app would make it a hell of a lot easier, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Having a little problem with my Dad. So, he has been in Qatar for the past week with his SIM-Free iPhone 6 Plus that we went and got for him just after they were released. He had activated it on Sprint when we got it for him, and while he was in Qatar, he was using it on Ooredoo, one of their cellular providers. Upon returning to the US (he is currently in DC at the airport waiting for his connecting flight to Charlotte), he has popped his Sprint SIM back into it and when he tries to use data, he gets "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data plan." He is getting LTE and everything and he is able to send SMS and make/receive phone calls, but is not able to use data.

I have had him do a PRL update (##UPDATE#), I have had him pop out the SIM card and put it back in, soft reset the phone, restart the phone, and reset network settings, yet he still can't use his data. When he gets back to Charlotte and I get home from picking him up from the airport, I am going to contact Sprint to see if there is anything they can do on their end.

Anyone got any ideas or insight on this?

-Anthony

Having a little problem with my Dad. So, he has been in Qatar for the past week with his SIM-Free iPhone 6 Plus that we went and got for him just after they were released. He had activated it on Sprint when we got it for him, and while he was in Qatar, he was using it on Ooredoo, one of their cellular providers. Upon returning to the US (he is currently in DC at the airport waiting for his connecting flight to Charlotte), he has popped his Sprint SIM back into it and when he tries to use data, he gets "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data plan." He is getting LTE and everything and he is able to send SMS and make/receive phone calls, but is not able to use data.

I have had him do a PRL update (##UPDATE#), I have had him pop out the SIM card and put it back in, soft reset the phone, restart the phone, and reset network settings, yet he still can't use his data. When he gets back to Charlotte and I get home from picking him up from the airport, I am going to contact Sprint to see if there is anything they can do on their end.

Anyone got any ideas or insight on this?

-Anthony

Sorry :/ no idea.

Sorry :/ no idea.

Within 20 seconds of having his phone in my hands, I was able to fix the problem. Turns out, when he put his Ooredoo SIM card in his phone, it installed a "Profile" that added the APN settings for the carrier into his phone, so whenever he tried to access the internet on Sprint, it tried using the Ooredoo APN settings, and wouldn't be able to connect to the data network. I deleted it and immediately he got his data access. Who woulda thunk it? Lol.

-Anthony

• Like 3

Within 20 seconds of having his phone in my hands, I was able to fix the problem. Turns out, when he put his Ooredoo SIM card in his phone, it installed a "Profile" that added the APN settings for the carrier into his phone, so whenever he tried to access the internet on Sprint, it tried using the Ooredoo APN settings, and wouldn't be able to connect to the data network. I deleted it and immediately he got his data access. Who woulda thunk it? Lol.

-Anthony

When i got my friend to port from Straight Talk to AT&T and then a few days later to Sprint, I restored her iPhone 3GS backup to my iPhone 5, and the same thing happened. As soon as I realized what was wrong, and got rid of the straight talk data profile, her phone worked great.

• Like 1

agh! Why haven't they fixed the remote app...

What's wrong with it?

Is it similar to the android version? A few updates ago I hated it, but its been growing on me. Ive been using it in my nexus and tab3. I keep 4.9.4 on my G2 and I'm about ready to replace it with the new one.

Is it similar to the android version? A few updates ago I hated it, but its been growing on me. Ive been using it in my nexus and tab3. I keep 4.9.4 on my G2 and I'm about ready to replace it with the new one.

I think they are, but I don't have an Android device to compare them on anymore.

Remember I told you guys my camera was shifting? Well it moved back into place. Lol I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Beta update. My battery life seems to be about the same for my usage compared to 8.1.3. LTE doesn't seem to be better or worse besides that one speed test but other variables may have effected that.

I do like the new emoji keyboard though. Seems a lot more fluid for finding what I want and it's a bigger list for my frequently used emojis.

Beta update. My battery life seems to be about the same for my usage compared to 8.1.3. LTE doesn't seem to be better or worse besides that one speed test but other variables may have effected that.

I do like the new emoji keyboard though. Seems a lot more fluid for finding what I want and it's a bigger list for my frequently used emojis.

Does it have the new emojis? Middle finger? :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1