iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

I also wish one of our members could code a "SignalCheck" clone for jail broken iOS devices. All these members, and nobody writes programs? ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I actually started working on something like that a while ago. If there's interest, I'll definitely put some more time into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I actually started working on something like that a while ago. If there's interest, I'll definitely put some more time into it.

Yes, there is interest.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

Of course there's interest. That app was the only reason I liked android. It made finding towers/bands/frequencies so much easier. Field test blows, and if I had an app similar on my iPhone, where I could just pull down the top shade and see a widget with all that info, my mobile life would be complete.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

Of course there's interest. That app was the only reason I liked android. It made finding towers/bands/frequencies so much easier. Field test blows, and if I had an app similar on my iPhone, where I could just pull down the top shade and see a widget with all that info, my mobile life would be complete.

"SignalCheck, you complete me." To which it responds, "You had me at hello."

AJ

• Like 1

Even 20 years later, the "Seinfeld" clip is a humorous commentary on use of technology -- especially among older people. To this day, I bet there are plenty of iPhone owners who use them to make phone calls, calculate tips, and that is about it.

AJ

My dad uses his as a game repository for the grandkids & to make calls. He's getting better at texting, but it's still a work in progress. The 70 year old brain doesn't have much room left for tech.

Coming soon to a jailbroken device near you. ;)

Any other ideas for the name would be appreciated.

YjxeJAPl.jpg

NO STOP IT OMG!

Sorry, my extreme nerdyness came out right there. You are forever know as "nahum the iOS Signal Check guy"

-Anthony

Edit: By the way, if you would like someone to help beta test it, you've got a willing participant right here :)

• Like 1

NO STOP IT OMG!

Sorry, my extreme nerdyness came out right there. You are forever know as "nahum the iOS Signal Check guy"

-Anthony

Edit: By the way, if you would like someone to help beta test it, you've got a willing participant right here :)

Right now it crashes more often then than it works, but when I get it working enough for some testing, I'll be sure to put it up on a beta repo.

• Like 1

Anyway to get the tower ID on there? I'm sick of seeing numbers in field test. If there was a way to display it/convert it, that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

You mean the GCI? On the iPhone, it's just a decimal to hex conversion, so if he is able to get his program to see the ID, then I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly hard to implement that feature into it.

-Anthony

Omg. Omg. That's what I've been dreaming of! Dude. Now I have to downgrade back to 8.1.2 and re-JB

Sent from my iPhone 6+

That's exactly what I did about 2 hours ago. All you have to do is download the firmware for your device and do shift+update in iTunes, no restore required. Do it quick though! Apple may stop signing 8.1.2 soon.

-Anthony

You mean the GCI? On the iPhone, it's just a decimal to hex conversion, so if he is able to get his program to see the ID, then I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly hard to implement that feature into it.

-Anthony

Of course I meant GCI. I was so excited that my brain shutdown on me for a second. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

That's exactly what I did about 2 hours ago. All you have to do is download the firmware for your device and do shift+update in iTunes, no restore required. Do it quick though! Apple may stop signing 8.1.2 soon.

-Anthony

No restore? Do I lose all data if I do that?

• Like 1

Anyway to get the tower ID on there? I'm sick of seeing numbers in field test. If there was a way to display it/convert it, that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I see a value for "Cell ID" and "PID" (Physical Cell ID) but only when connected to LTE. Are either of those the "tower ID" you're looking for?

I see a value for "Cell ID" and "PID" (Physical Cell ID) but only when connected to LTE. Are either of those the "tower ID" you're looking for?

Cell identity is the value in field test. If you have access to it, that's what we need converted from decimal to hex.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

You are correct. Cell ID is only for LTE. That is what he was talking about when he said Tower ID, he was talking about the LTE sector's GCI. It should come up as a decimal, and it can be converted to hexadecimal for the proper GCI.

-Anthony

You are correct. Cell ID is only for LTE. That is what he was talking about when he said Tower ID, he was talking about the LTE sector's GCI. It should come up as a decimal, and it can be converted to hexadecimal for the proper GCI.

-Anthony

And adding a "0" to the beginning.

Also, should this app get its own thread to keep the iPhone thread clean?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

No restore? Do I lose all data if I do that?

If you restore, yes you lose all of your data. But if you do shift+update, you don't lose any of your data. Plus, if you do a backup on 8.1.3 and restore to 8.1.2 and try to use your backup, you won't be able to use it because it will be for a newer iOS version which can't be used on 8.1.2. I just did the shift+update to go from 8.1.3 to 8.1.2 a couple of hours ago, and it was successful.

-Anthony

• Like 1

And adding a "0" to the beginning.

Also, should this app get its own thread to keep the iPhone thread clean?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

We already have a thread for it in the Premier Sponsors section, which nahum is not. Hopefully we can get him there, though.

-Anthony

If you restore, yes you lose all of your data. But if you do shift+update, you don't lose any of your data. Plus, if you do a backup on 8.1.3 and restore to 8.1.2 and try to use your backup, you won't be able to use it because it will be for a newer iOS version which can't be used on 8.1.2. I just did the shift+update to go from 8.1.3 to 8.1.2 a couple of hours ago, and it was successful.

-Anthony

I don't think I've ever downgraded before. I don't use iTunes at all, and all of my backups are through iCloud. If I downgrade, will I be able to restore my iCloud backup? Any suggestions? I don't want to lose everything over this.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

We already have a thread for it in the Premier Sponsors section, which nahum is not. Hopefully we can get him there, though.

-Anthony

Why is it premier? Is the regular signal check thread premier? Maybe it can be moved to at least the sponsor area.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Why is it premier? Is the regular signal check thread premier? Maybe it can be moved to at least the sponsor area.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I was planning to create a topic here in the iOS section of the forum, seems like an appropriate place for it.

• Like 1