iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

You're positive that the other devices were on B41 and you were stuck on B25? How long were you there? Did you allow your iPhone to idle for a little while? In order to switch bands, you can't have an active data session (exception being when you run out of a particular signal).

Yeah, I was there for an hour. The others were most definitely on B41 while mine was on B25. I let my iPhone idle, killed all the apps, even did the ##UPDATE# to see if that would do anything for me. So, now I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with my phone.

You're positive that the other devices were on B41 and you were stuck on B25? How long were you there? Did you allow your iPhone to idle for a little while? In order to switch bands, you can't have an active data session (exception being when you run out of a particular signal).

I get handed off between different LTE bands with an active data session all the time.

Does anyone know what version of iOS 8 is on the iPhones that Apple is currently selling at its stores?

I am about to take my phone in for a faulty home button and I was wondering what version of iOS would be on a new phone if they replace mine.

Probably the original iOS 8 I don't think Apple takes the phones out of their boxes to update them. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure any iPhone currently selling will be running iOS 8. If not 8 then the latest 8.1.1

Probably the original iOS 8 I don't think Apple takes the phones out of their boxes to update them. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure any iPhone currently selling will be running iOS 8. If not 8 then the latest 8.1.1

Depends on the batch, but most of them are running 8.0. I've gone in for replacement iPhone 5s's over a year later and had to update to the newest iOS in the store so my backup could be applied to the phone. 

• Like 1

Have you tested it?

-Anthony

I successfully grabbed a -122dbm b25 signal in my house, normally can't connect to any sort of LTE in my house. Full disclosure though, I didn't pay for it. I used one of the questionable repos.
  • Like 2

Anybody decided to grab the lifeproof fre for their phone yet? Tempted to try it out since it looks way thinner than previous models but I'm still on the fence.

Friend has it now. It's pretty nice. Charger port is very small. Only lightning charger cables will fit

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Friend has it now. It's pretty nice. Charger port is very small. Only lightning charger cables will fit

Hmmmm. May have to pick it up just to try it out. I've never had one on a phone before but after putting a big scratch in my screen I want to be safer than sorry.

My buddies use lifeproof on their 5s's. Personally, I think it's annoying to have to open up something to charge it, or having to unscrew that plug to get at the AUX port. Not to mention, having to use that extension piece. It's not for me. And who needs waterproof anyways? I never understood that. Even some raindrops won't hurt a naked phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

My buddies use lifeproof on their 5s's. Personally, I think it's annoying to have to open up something to charge it, or having to unscrew that plug to get at the AUX port. Not to mention, having to use that extension piece. It's not for me. And who needs waterproof anyways? I never understood that. Even some raindrops won't hurt a naked phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6

To me the idea of a bulletproof case that can handle anything is awesome. But like you said the execution and how you use it has always been one thing to hold me up. There are always trade offs and to me, at least outside looking in, it doesn't seem too terrible for the protection you get.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I believe the new one does not require an extra piece of the headphones. for the 6....

And Im pretty sure that the iPhone 6 is somewhat water resistant. I've see the tests were they dunk it in.

I believe the new one does not require an extra piece of the headphones. for the 6....

And Im pretty sure that the iPhone 6 is somewhat water resistant. I've see the tests were they dunk it in.

All the videos I've seen show the piece still coming in the box so I think it's still necessary.

I'm seen that too. Don't know if I want to risk it but it does seem to resist it to an extent.

All the videos I've seen show the piece still coming in the box so I think it's still necessary.

I'm seen that too. Don't know if I want to risk it but it does seem to resist it to an extent.

Sorry never mind. Friend who has the case verified it does need the thing. I would hate to use that, especially if you have a car that doesn't have bluetooth and you can't connect your aux without it...agh That sounds annoying. 

I know life proof makes some good cases. When we would kayaking at the springs, my brother would put his phone in his life proof. He dropped it in the water, took videos underwater, didn't even have a care in the world. Meanwhile mine was in a plastic baggy lol in the kayak not moving. 

Sorry never mind. Friend who has the case verified it does need the thing. I would hate to use that, especially if you have a car that doesn't have bluetooth and you can't connect your aux without it...agh That sounds annoying.

I know life proof makes some good cases. When we would kayaking at the springs, my brother would put his phone in his life proof. He dropped it in the water, took videos underwater, didn't even have a care in the world. Meanwhile mine was in a plastic baggy lol in the kayak not moving.

To each their own. I prefer a naked phone or minimalistic cases. If there was a chance of water or sand, a ziploc bag for the day works just as well. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6

To each their own. I prefer a naked phone or minimalistic cases. If there was a chance of water or sand, a ziploc bag for the day works just as well. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6

I love the iPhone without a case also. I still haven't gotten to the point where I want to take my case off yet though lol.

• Like 1

I love the iPhone without a case also. I still haven't gotten to the point where I want to take my case off yet though lol.

It's hard to get used to. I personally hate the rounded edges. I miss those sharp, chamfered edges that provided nice grip on the 5/5s

Sent from my iPhone 6

It's hard to get used to. I personally hate the rounded edges. I miss those sharp, chamfered edges that provided nice grip on the 5/5s

Sent from my iPhone 6

This. I love the feel of it naked but find I almost drop it two or three times a day. Normally my leather case will do but lately even that is feeling thick to me. Weird. I'm on both ends of the spectrum. Just depends on the use I guess.
  • Like 1

Sent from my iPhone 6

It's a slippery son of a gun without a case - I think I've found a great solution though: https://dbrand.com/

It's a skin but it's been great because it's as minimal as you get while actually adding just enough grip that the phone is not nearly as slippery.

I hate cases but if i'm going to have one i'm going to make it useful.  I actually just got the CM4 Q card case for the iPhone 6 plus.  I love having my phone as my wallet because I never forget it and it consolidates everything.  This has by far been one of the best cases for me.  The case has a great feel to it (i'm seriously surprised at how slim it is) and it holds my cards.  If you are looking for a bulky case to save your phone from an apocalypse this isn't it but i've dropped my phone already a few times and its done a great job.  I don't want to sound like a commercial for them but since we are discussing cases just thought i'd put my 2 cents in.  Its a very slim premium feel case thats functional as a wallet. 

I just sold my 64gb space grey on eBay for $690 and bought a plus 128gb gold on swappa for 750. Winning.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Haha. I only saw that you sold your iPhone in the notification and I was like NOOOOOO. Don't leave us.

This deal!

• Like 1

Haha. I only saw that you sold your iPhone in the notification and I was like NOOOOOO. Don't leave us.

This deal!

Nah, I'm iPhone forever. I've dabbled on that other side a couple of times, and only because of band 41.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2