Unlimited Guaranteed

Tajustin95

I was just wondering about the article FierceWireless has just posted about ending Unlimited Guaranteed for new customers and customers with the Unlimited My Way plans only have that benefit. However, in my case, I am an old customer that didn't switch to the Unlimited My Way plan when that came out and my contract is ending soon, so if Sprint ever does stop unlimited data, does that mean I am not guaranteed unlimited anymore?

I was just wondering about the article FierceWireless has just posted about ending Unlimited Guaranteed for new customers and customers with the Unlimited My Way plans only have that benefit. However, in my case, I am an old customer that didn't switch to the Unlimited My Way plan when that came out and my contract is ending soon, so if Sprint ever does stop unlimited data, does that mean I am not guaranteed unlimited anymore?

The Unlimited Guaranteed for life was a limited time promotion. If you signed up for it and you keep that plan, you've got unlimited for life. They never said they were going to come out with new plans forever for people. And that every future unlimited plan would comply.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The unlimited guarantee was always just marketing anyway. No carrier has forced people off unlimited, they have encouraged people to switch to new plans, placed restrictions on unlimited plan, but never forced people off. Sprint 's guarantee never said it wouldn't engage in the same kind of encouragement other carriers engaged in. I just don't see Sprint being the only carrier to force people off unlimited.

• Like 2

The unlimited guarantee was always just marketing anyway. No carrier has forced people off unlimited, they have encouraged people to switch to new plans, placed restrictions on unlimited plan, but never forced people off. Sprint 's guarantee never said it wouldn't engage in the same kind of encouragement other carriers engaged in. I just do see Sprint being the only carrier to force people off unlimited.

Well Verizon and AT&T kind of made people switch off of unlimited data by making them force to pay 700 dollars or 200 dollars for a phone subsidy. This why we left Verizon because we weren't able to upgrade and keep our Unlimited. Now we are Customers of Sprint.

• Like 1

I wondered this as well. I'm currently on the Unlimited my way plan and after hearing about the $60 unlimited plan, I was thinking about pulling the plug and getting this new plan. But I think I will just keep my current plan...Guess its a reassurance to have that guarantee but even with the new plan I don't see Sprint forcing no one off that plan 5 or 6 years from now tbh.

• Like 1

Well Verizon and AT&T kind of made people switch off of unlimited data by making them force to pay 700 dollars or 200 dollars for a phone subsidy. This why we left Verizon because we weren't able to upgrade and keep our Unlimited. Now we are Customers of Sprint.

They still didn't force anyone. Handset subsidies are a benifit not something they are required to give people. All removing Handset subsidies did was raise the price of unlimited, it did not force anyone to do anything.

Further, Sprint's unlimited guarantee did not say it would always give hand set discounts with the plan, so they could have done the same thing and still been with in the terms of the guarantee.

The Unlimited Guaranteed for life was a limited time promotion. If you signed up for it and you keep that plan, you've got unlimited for life. They never said they were going to come out with new plans forever for people. And that every future unlimited plan would comply.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I understand that but I been keeping my plan before the unlimited guaranteed came out so that means once they go to tiered then I have no unlimited anymore. Right?

I understand that but I been keeping my plan before the unlimited guaranteed came out so that means once they go to tiered then I have no unlimited anymore. Right?

Sprint is not in the habit of kicking people off of grandfathered plans, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

...But there's nothing stopping them from killing the Sprint brand tomorrow, and forcing everyone that wants to keep their service to choose a new SoftbankUSA plan.

Framily has the "Unlimited Guarantee" too, if you added it to your line.

Here is the FAQ for it: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Unlimited_Guarantee/af10f458-f208-4006-bc89-a21dffa90fc2#faq2

Don't worry...I'm pretty sure Legere helps fund Fierce Wireless.

• Like 1

Earlier plans were not Guaranteed for Life plans. So you aren't guaranteed for life. You may end up with unlimited for life, it's just not guaranteed. Guaranteed for Life was just a marketing gimmick. They just aren't offering the gimmick anymore. Nothing to worry about here people. Move along.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

The unlimited guarantee was always just marketing anyway. No carrier has forced people off unlimited, they have encouraged people to switch to new plans, placed restrictions on unlimited plan, but never forced people off. Sprint 's guarantee never said it wouldn't engage in the same kind of encouragement other carriers engaged in. I just don't see Sprint being the only carrier to force people off unlimited.

While Verizon didn't, AT&T sure did.

Old AT&T unlimited customers are limited to 3GB before being throttled.

Edit: nevermind, looks like I am wrong

While Verizon didn't, AT&T sure did.

Old AT&T unlimited customers are limited to 3GB before being throttled.

Sorry that is not correct. Att throttle the top 5 percent of the unlimited data users once they hit 3 gigs of 3g or 5 gigs of lte.

But that is not forcing people off unlimited either. The data was still unlimited the speeds changed depending on whether or not you where in the top 5 percent of data users.

Further Sprint 's unlimited guarantee included throttling right off the bat with no restrictions on increasing the circumstances when you could be throttled.

Unlimited data doesn't mean unlimited data at a given speed, it simply means you can use as much as you want and not pay overages and again no carrier has forced people away from that.

• Like 1

Sorry that is not correct. Att throttle the top 5 percent of the unlimited data users once they hit 3 gigs of 3g or 5 gigs of lte.

But that is not forcing people off unlimited either. The data was still unlimited the speeds changed depending on whether or not you where in the top 5 percent of data users.

Further Sprint 's unlimited guarantee included throttling right off the bat with no restrictions on increasing the circumstances when you could be throttled.

Unlimited data doesn't mean unlimited data at a given speed, it simply means you can use as much as you want and not pay coverages and again no carrier has forced people away from that.

Didn't know that - thx for the correction.  Not sure why I thought it was throttle after 3GB.

Unlimited data doesn't mean unlimited data at a given speed, it simply means you can use as much as you want and not pay overages and again no carrier has forced people away from that.

Good post. But I just want to add that Sprint reserves the right to throttle these customers. I don't want people to think that they are just going out throttling them all. We haven't really seen any evidence really of Sprint instituting any throttling so far on any noticeable scale. At least our astute member group hasn't noticed it yet. But it's bound to happen. Especially by those are deemed abusive. But we all know abusive consumption is a relative term to the hearer. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I'll echo what lazydog said above.  We've been on an unlimited data family plan for years.  It's now called "Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes" on the bill.  Our manager rep also said in an email to me, "Customers on existing unlimited data plans will be grandfathered in indefinitely."

Given the uncertainty of keeping unlimited data being done away with (given the usual caveats mentioned above), I'm inclined to stick with what we've got.  We could switch to 40 Gigs at what we pay now (or "downgrade" to save some $), but then we're on the slippery slope of no more unlimited data in the future.

• Like 1

I wonder why Sprint has not taken down the Unlimited, My Way plans?

Why would they? Choice is often the best friend of a company.

Would you shop at Toyota if they only sold one model of car?

I wonder why Sprint has not taken down the Unlimited, My Way plans?

derrph says herp derp.

:P

AJ