Sprint deploying Connections Optimizer software with future maintenance releases

Duffman

I'm going to do that tonight if the ROM I want to use will download.

Good Luck, Josh!! A decent ROM can make all the difference in the world... make your phone seem like a whole new device. Hopefully you can find something that works well... I know it exists.

• 2 weeks later...

4G, ok, but wifi on newer phones?? We leave wifi on on both a 3vo and a Shift, and empirically find no difference in battery consumption compared to managing wifi by hand. My Evo, on the other hand, had a huge difference controlling the radios by hand.

Interesting tool, many thanks for this info. :)

I think the tool is more about getting the user to create WiFi profiles for the access points the user is frequently near rather than conserving battery by turning off WiFi.

Sprint is trying to offload traffic as well as improve the user's connected speeds.

I hope it is truly intelligent and not just nagware.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who has the LG Viper 4G LTE phone confirm that this Connections Optimizer software is included in the preloaded apps by Sprint? Also if the app does exist, have you used it and does it work well with transitioning you from 3G/4G to Wifi? Maybe a description of what you see on your phone when the transition happens would be helpful.

Can anyone who has the LG Viper 4G LTE phone confirm that this Connections Optimizer software is included in the preloaded apps by Sprint? Also if the app does exist' date=' have you used it and does it work well with transitioning you from 3G/4G to Wifi? Maybe a description of what you see on your phone when the transition happens would be helpful.[/quote']

Eric, I'm under the impression that it's not a usable app but more of a hidden software feature that might or might not have a menu choice in settings. Although, I would also like to know how it works and if it affects battery life significantly more than without it.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

Please do because I am very interested to see how this feature works.

I could find nothing on the phone indicating the software had been loaded.

If installed, it It shows up in:

Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections

But nothing was in there so it is not preloaded for some reason.

I could find nothing on the phone indicating the software had been loaded.

If installed' date=' it It shows up in:

Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections

But nothing was in there so it is not preloaded for some reason.[/quote']

I thought I heard they were going to add it later when more LTE markets were lit up. At least now we know it's a menu setting.

Thanks Duffman

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

I thought I heard they were going to add it later when more LTE markets were lit up. At least now we know it's a menu setting.

And can be turned off. Hopefully that will placate the Luddites.

I plan to test it with an open mind.

And can be turned off. Hopefully that will placate the Luddites.

I plan to test it with an open mind.

If you have the ability to, can you please test the Viper against the EVO Shift and let me know which one has better 3G data? I really want the Viper all of a sudden.

If you have the ability to' date=' can you please test the Viper against the EVO Shift and let me know which one has better 3G data? I really want the Viper all of a sudden.[/quote']

Why would they be that different.

No difference in RX Power between Evo Shift' date=' Evo 4G, or Viper.

Viper had lower Ex/Io.[/quote']

Thanks for the info.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner