Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta 1 has been released today. For those that are in the Public Beta Program, you can update to it in the Mac App Store.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta 1 has been released today. For those that are in the Public Beta Program, you can update to it in the Mac App Store.

I just got my email from Apple. I can't do that on my work rMBP, but you bet I'm doing that when I get home on my MBP! I hope Photos lives up to the hype -- I *hate* iPhoto.

• Like 1

I'll be downloading it as well...Photos for OS X as it is being called replaces both iPhoto & Aperture; I hope

its at least as good as Google Photos  (I'm an Android Geek); don't think I'm going to use the new Photos app as 

I do not have any IOS devices...still curious tho..

I have it up. It's great. I just synced all my photos over to it and it was quick. Everything loads fast and smooth. HUGE step up from slow and crappy iPhoto.

I'm really excited about being able to take photos shot with my digital SLR camera and import them into iOS to edit with VSCO and Afterlight & return them to my Mac, edited/adjusted.

• Like 1

I just got my email from Apple. I can't do that on my work rMBP, but you bet I'm doing that when I get home on my MBP! I hope Photos lives up to the hype -- I *hate* iPhoto.

Trying to prepare my 65GB iPhoto Library for Photos on an External Drive may take all night. 8% complete after 10 minutes.

I also had to up my storage to $4/mo for 200GB. I hope Apple lowers those prices eventually to keep pace with other services.

Yeah,,Photos for OS X is pretty nice; I don't carry an iPhone or iPad so its total value is

lost on me; Google Photos works very well and I believe Google will keep improving it to keep

pace with Apple

...also Google cloud storage is cheaper than Apple's at the moment..I guess we live in the world

of monopolies now..Google, Apple, Verizon, ATT,Walmart,et al...pick your poison...for now, at least,

in the wireless space Sprint & Tmo are forcing disruption in the space..->read lower data costs..hope

it continues..

I could have sworn that amazon cloud drive said unlimited photo storage....Turns out they o only give you 5 gb. I was in the process of uploading my entire photos library to it.

Are you a prime member?

Oh I see the issue. It's videos that are taking up the space. They don't count videos. Got it

I don't have an external because Im stupid, so I always wondered how I would feel if I lost my photos. I had no idea amazon cloud offered unlimited photo storage. I sure wish apple would do that for its users. 

Oh I see the issue. It's videos that are taking up the space. They don't count videos. Got it

I don't have an external because Im stupid, so I always wondered how I would feel if I lost my photos. I had no idea amazon cloud offered unlimited photo storage. I sure wish apple would do that for its users.

Cloud storage at Amazon is pretty cheap. I know Microsoft is trying to compete in this space, too, so they've got fairly cheap options.

If Apple offered free, unlimited video/photo storage as part of the 'iDevice tax,' that would lock people in the ecosystem forever. I'm not sure why they haven't done that yet; or, at least go cheap on the prices. I'm going to end up paying $48/year for iCloud Photos storage (In addition to the $25/year I'm paying for iTunes Match), when I could just as easily lock into Google's ecosystem and get 50,000 songs free (vs. Apple's paid 25,000 match limit) and use Photos and cheaper storage Google Drive.

Apple knows they can charge up to $19.99/mo for 1TB of cloud storage, because they know that people who buy iPhones and iPads that own Macs with Yosemite's Photos.app can afford it. And there's the rub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Upgrading to 10.10.3 beta now

Update: I seriously don't understand why iCloud Photo Library can't upload more than 3 photos from either my phone or my iPad without freezing. Now it's saying that I have to be logged into iCloud. WTH.

Jeeeeeebus to the new macbook air. 13.1 mm thin. 24% thinner. All metal enclosure this time. Only 2 lbs. All new keyboard completely redesigned.

They don't call it MacBook Air. It's the replacement to the MacBook they discontinued a while back.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

They don't call it MacBook Air. It's the replacement to the MacBook they discontinued a while back.

Ehoops that's what I meant haah

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• Like 1

Ehoops that's what I meant haah

My friend likes the New MacBook. When I have the money, I might buy her one.

It's not the air, but it's thinner & lighter and with a retina display.

I can't wait to see the air refresh.

• Like 2

It's not the air, but it's thinner & lighter and with a retina display.

I can't wait to see the air refresh.

I wish they would've stuck the retina in the air and updated the processor and ram. That would've been my next computer.

Wow, I did not know that the new Apple TV and MacBook products were also called Yosemite -- you know, per the title/topic of this thread.

AJ

Wow, I did not know that the new Apple TV and MacBook products were also called Yosemite -- you know, per the title/topic of this thread.

AJ

I should have changed the title to this thread, but the Mac is tied directly with iPhone now through iCloud, and even more so now with 10.10.3 tying Photos into all of it.

• Like 1

I should have changed the title to this thread, but the Mac is tied directly with iPhone now through iCloud, and even more so now with 10.10.3 tying Photos into all of it.

Negatory.  We do not change longstanding thread titles willy nilly.  And the title of this thread has already been changed once.  

If you want to talk MacBook, start a new thread.

AJ

• Like 1