Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

I'm estimated to have Yosemite downloaded in 5 days, 13 hours!

(Which is odd, because I just downloaded it and installed everything fine on my work laptop in screaming fast record time. LOL)

As soon as my Mac is backed up I'll be upgrading to Yosemite. It is done downloading at least.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Is it just me or is the final release of yosemite no where near as transparent as what they originally had....I am actually annoyed with this. I liked the transparency. Now I feel like its just mavericks with window design changes.

Edit: I stil have feedback assistant. Is this something they kept or am I still running the beta even after installing the public release onto my computer...

Is it just me or is the final release of yosemite no where near as transparent as what they originally had....I am actually annoyed with this. I liked the transparency. Now I feel like its just mavericks with window design changes.

Edit: I stil have feedback assistant. Is this something they kept or am I still running the beta even after installing the public release onto my computer...

I don't have feedback assistant.

Does anyone have a MacBook Pro with dual graphics cards that now freezes while switching from integrated to discrete graphics since updating to Yosemite? I've had 8 or 9 hard freezes since last night.

I did the beta, but I'm really considering a clean install now. 

Only part of my hard drive I don't want to leave behind are the photos. Other than that? I could go for the clean slate.

I did the beta, but I'm really considering a clean install now.

Only part of my hard drive I don't want to leave behind are the photos. Other than that? I could go for the clean slate.

Check out Carbon Copy Cloner. You can clone your hard drive to an external, then do the clean install, and then copy back what you need.

Check out Carbon Copy Cloner. You can clone your hard drive to an external, then do the clean install, and then copy back what you need.

+1. The new version for Yosemite is excellent. Can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow apple wasn't kidding when they said they improved watching videos with yosemite while on battery. I just watched a 93 minute movie from 30% and my computer still had 10% left when it was done. Also, it was full brightness...Impressive.

• Like 1

Wow apple wasn't kidding when they said they improved watching videos with yosemite while on battery. I just watched a 93 minute movie from 30% and my computer still had 10% left when it was done. Also, it was full brightness...Impressive.

I agree! Runs so much smoother and battery life is a whole lot better. And I'm on mid-2009 13" MBP with a service battery notification. The thing is getting old, but seeing that I juiced up with 8 gigs of ram and a SSD I hope I'll get another 2 years out of my MBP, unless of course Apple stops supporting it for upgrades...

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

• Like 1

I agree! Runs so much smoother and battery life is a whole lot better. And I'm on mid-2009 13" MBP with a service battery notification. The thing is getting old, but seeing that I juiced up with 8 gigs of ram and a SSD I hope I'll get another 2 years out of my MBP, unless of course Apple stops supporting it for upgrades...

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

Historically, 10.11 will be the last OS for that Mac, but since some 2007 Macs got 10.10, I think 10.12 will be the last for the 2009 MBP's.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Apparently if you were a beta tester, they are seeding the beta to you as well. I just installed 10.10.1

Nice! I may look into doing that, but we will see.

Nice! I may look into doing that, but we will see.

Well it's running smoothly. I should really reconsider installing betas on my computer, as this is my work computer as well....lol. And I stupidly don't have time machine back ups. I'm what makes people cringe. I should really get an external drive lol. Perhaps for black friday.

Well it's running smoothly. I should really reconsider installing betas on my computer, as this is my work computer as well....lol. And I stupidly don't have time machine back ups. I'm what makes people cringe. I should really get an external drive lol. Perhaps for black friday.

Do it! Get a backup! Believe me, it's a lifesaver! Trust me on that one. And I don't mind installing betas on my computer since I have Time Machine running, but I just don't have time to mess around with it.

• Like 1

Loaded 10.10.1 this AM; fixes a major wifi bug some were hitting;

Running fine so far; heads up on a major hacker bug: RootPipe: allows root access

and machine takeover; 10.10.1 DOES NOT patch this bug, however..Apple

is investigating as we write...

• 2 months later...

Good lord...My computer took almost 3 minutes to shut down just now. I looked up the causes...Freaking parallels. I uninstalled and the computer shuts down in seconds and boots up in a few more. Amazing. Went from almost 4+ minutes to less than 20 for the entire process.

Good lord...My computer took almost 3 minutes to shut down just now. I looked up the causes...Freaking parallels. I uninstalled and the computer shuts down in seconds and boots up in a few more. Amazing. Went from almost 4+ minutes to less than 20 for the entire process.

That's why I use VMWare Fusion. Doesn't adversely affect my system.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

That's why I use VMWare Fusion. Doesn't adversely affect my system.

I don't even need parallels. I honestly have no idea how it got on my computer, but it was causing my shut down to take forever. Fortunately a bunch of users had the same issue when they installed yosemite and figured it out. I had thought it was yosemite just made like that, but then my brother restarted his right next to me in no less than 15 seconds or so and I knew it was something up with mine.....Glad I fixed it though lol. 

I don't even need parallels. I honestly have no idea how it got on my computer, but it was causing my shut down to take forever. Fortunately a bunch of users had the same issue when they installed yosemite and figured it out. I had thought it was yosemite just made like that, but then my brother restarted his right next to me in no less than 15 seconds or so and I knew it was something up with mine.....Glad I fixed it though lol.

I'm glad you did too. Too bad it was Parallels being the problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...