Help iPad mini will not register with the network.

JustinRP37

I know someone on here might be able to help, but I have a Sprint iPad mini (1st gen) and I have been swapping between my Sprint SIM card that came with the device and a TMobile SIM. This past time when I reinstalled the Sprint SIM I was able to purchase data, but then the reprovisioning kept failing. I cannot use the data. I tried resetting the iPad completely, and that did not work. I restored the iPad as new and that also did not work. I also noticed that the iPad kept going from Sprint 3G to 1x over and over, even in an area with full LTE. I called Sprint support and they said that they could not handle anything prepaid (which was shocking), but when I pushed a bit on them, they helped troubleshoot. Still, nothing has worked. I will call Apple this evening if nothing else, but I am traveling for Memorial Day, so it would have been nice to have extra data on the iPad. Anyways, does anyone have any thoughts? I am thinking it may be a hardware issue, but it does not appear to be a SIM card issue. Still in the car on a long trip from NYC to Ohio for a wedding reception and visiting the in-laws.

Try getting the SIM card changed first. Also, have you done Reset Network Settings? That usually seems to be the worst culprit.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Try getting the SIM card changed first. Also, have you done Reset Network Settings? That usually seems to be the worst culprit.

Yes, I did the Reset Network Settings.  Thanks for the help.  The problem actually turned out to be a problem with the activation of the prepaid data.  Somehow the process was interrupted and they do not know how.  They reset the SIM on their end and then I was able to redo everything.  Unfortunately they said I have to dispute the first charge with my credit card company since the original purchase is closed and they cannot reopen it to refund the money.  It is confusing, but at least it is back working again.  Strange problem and hope it never happens again.

• Like 1

Yes, I did the Reset Network Settings. Thanks for the help. The problem actually turned out to be a problem with the activation of the prepaid data. Somehow the process was interrupted and they do not know how. They reset the SIM on their end and then I was able to redo everything. Unfortunately they said I have to dispute the first charge with my credit card company since the original purchase is closed and they cannot reopen it to refund the money. It is confusing, but at least it is back working again. Strange problem and hope it never happens again.

Glad to hear they got it resolved. Too bad you have to fight with your card company to get a refund. They should have been able to transfer the credit to the new account.

• Like 1