World's First Wireless Phone

Geesmill

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• The powerline tower overlooking downtown Redmond has FINALLY been upgraded. I guess it took this long due to the large birds nest on top of the tower. During the upgrade, they moved all LTE frequencies including B41 to one eNB 84782 and decommissioned eNBs 97521 and 95988. Additionally, the tower finally has all three 5G-SA bands (gNB 1852420). 
    • I have 3 Samsung Galaxy a10e for mapping LTE. For 5G I like the Samsung a32 5g (both factory unlocked).  In both cases try to get one with firmware from the spring of this year.  Then you can use the Samsung Band Selection app no matter what the carrier. Been trying to get my OnePlus Nord n200 5Gs squared away with android 11 and rooted.  OnePlus bought out by Oppo thus service and strategic direction are both problems.  Just getting an e-mail back for the unlock the bootloader process is taking a while. Once we get out of NSA, 5g will be much easier to map. Factory unlocked esim issues are plentiful on high end Samsungs.  My quest is a factory unlocked phone that works well with SCP and Cellmapper for both SA and NSA, with multiple active esims that work easily with MVNOs, functioning VoNR, great reception and transmission, full band support for AT&T and Dish. My next hopeful candidate is the s23.
    • Forgot to mention that I traveled all over the lower Hudson Valley last weekend while using the Verizon eSIM trial to directly both carriers' coverage on one device as opposed to using a second phone. Coverage was virtually the same in my experience with the biggest exception being the Bear Mountain region. All along the Long Mountain Parkway from Woodbury Common going east, coverage remained virtually the same. Both carriers reported similar signal strength going all the way down to 1 bar at the same times but when I arrived at the roundabout near where Long Mountain and Palisades Parkway meet up with one another, Verizon had a much stronger signal compared to T-Mobile's 1 bar. Verizon has a series of sites installed all over Bear Mountain State Park to provide signal to visitors. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like any other carrier attempted to do the same in the 2+ years since they got built. Because of these sites when you're driving on Bear Mountain Bridge and along Bear Mountain Bridge Road going south, Verizon has slightly stronger signal than T-Mobile. — — — — — I'm thinking about buying a burner Android phone to get back into mapping again because I drive around the city a lot and never get the chance to do so. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge in a drawer with an inactive T-Mobile SIM but it doesn't register LTE at all and it doesn't have Band 71 so it's not that useful for me. Any recommendations for phones/plans to map cheaply?
    • So what am I missing???   Why cant i get the s22 ultra do a screen share through cord??  Trying to get it to share to my 10" auto screen. I could enable it with the note 20.. but I cant seem to get this to do it.. All the videos show 1 way, but that setting isnt there.
    • Got the update last night. Broke SCP notifications .... so yay.